Official (3) Dallas Mavericks VS (6) Portland Trailblazers Playoff Thread: Mavs win in 6.

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUs22

Great game by the Mavs! Chandler was doing work!
When the refs let him actually play, he's bound to make an impact. Refs were out to get him in Portland.

When the refs let him actually play, he's bound to make an impact. Refs were out to get him in Portland.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

They really were. I didn't want to bring it up after G4 because people would just blindly say I was salty.

But he picked up 4 ticky-tack fouls in the second half. Literally 4. When our guards give up their space and allow their player to drive to the basket and you're calling tickytack calls on your Center, then that means free lay-ups all night.

They really were. I didn't want to bring it up after G4 because people would just blindly say I was salty.

But he picked up 4 ticky-tack fouls in the second half. Literally 4. When our guards give up their space and allow their player to drive to the basket and you're calling tickytack calls on your Center, then that means free lay-ups all night.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

No worries. You're still coming off pretty damn salty. Look at the free throw differential. Portland in no way deserved to win this game but come on dude, be real. Officials have played no exacting role in how this series has turned out.

No worries. You're still coming off pretty damn salty. Look at the free throw differential. Portland in no way deserved to win this game but come on dude, be real. Officials have played no exacting role in how this series has turned out.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

I'm talking games 1-4, especially 3&4 where you don't want your big in foul trouble because he can't confidently play defense, because he's worried about staying on the floor.

Tyson stayed out of foul trouble, got to play, and look what happened.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

I'm talking games 1-4, especially 3&4 where you don't want your big in foul trouble because he can't confidently play defense, because he's worried about staying on the floor.

Tyson stayed out of foul trouble, got to play, and look what happened.
laugh.gif

Go Thunder.........
This team continues to disappoint. No low post scoring AT ALL. Depending on jump shots is never going to win a playoff series. And Brandon Roy still sucks, dude has one good game out of 20. I would complain about the officiating, but it wasn't even close enough to bring it up.

Go Thunder.........
This team continues to disappoint. No low post scoring AT ALL. Depending on jump shots is never going to win a playoff series. And Brandon Roy still sucks, dude has one good game out of 20. I would complain about the officiating, but it wasn't even close enough to bring it up.

If they could solidify their perimeter shooting, it'd do magic for them. Another guy next to Wes would help a ton.

It would definitely open things up for Gerald and LMA.

If they could solidify their perimeter shooting, it'd do magic for them. Another guy next to Wes would help a ton.

It would definitely open things up for Gerald and LMA.

Yep. Hopefully Rudy and Roy will get shipped out for a solid almost-All-Star-quality shooter.

Yep. Hopefully Rudy and Roy will get shipped out for a solid almost-All-Star-quality shooter.

Originally Posted by Noskey

This needs to happen along with Oden somehow making a comeback and staying healthy.  Aldridge didn't get the ball in the low post enough and when he did he was double teamed quickly.  Roy was a decoy for about 5 possesions until Dallas found out he wasn't going to do anything.  Also we suck at defending the pick and roll, how come Nate doesn't run that with Aldridge to switch it up instead of always giving it to him with his back to the basket.

Originally Posted by Noskey

This needs to happen along with Oden somehow making a comeback and staying healthy.  Aldridge didn't get the ball in the low post enough and when he did he was double teamed quickly.  Roy was a decoy for about 5 possesions until Dallas found out he wasn't going to do anything.  Also we suck at defending the pick and roll, how come Nate doesn't run that with Aldridge to switch it up instead of always giving it to him with his back to the basket.

laugh.gif
I was just about to say...relying on jumpshooting, welcome to Mavs/Magic world.

Looks like I overestimated Portland. I knew Aldridge would be a force but I expected Matthews and Wallace to help carry the scoring burden, with Andre Miller surprising with a few offensive games. It's turned out to be the opposite, with Andre being the only consistent one who has raised their game. And yet the series is still there for the taking for Portland, if Roy can summon 2 straight magical performances.

This might have been the best matchup for Dallas and it could still go 7 games. All I know is that the Grizzlies guards would have torched us and even without David West, CP3 would have gone off for the Hornets like in 2008.

laugh.gif
I was just about to say...relying on jumpshooting, welcome to Mavs/Magic world.

Looks like I overestimated Portland. I knew Aldridge would be a force but I expected Matthews and Wallace to help carry the scoring burden, with Andre Miller surprising with a few offensive games. It's turned out to be the opposite, with Andre being the only consistent one who has raised their game. And yet the series is still there for the taking for Portland, if Roy can summon 2 straight magical performances.

This might have been the best matchup for Dallas and it could still go 7 games. All I know is that the Grizzlies guards would have torched us and even without David West, CP3 would have gone off for the Hornets like in 2008.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Go Thunder.........

did broy sleep with ur mother or something? every single time he has a bad game or opens his mouth in front of public u always gotta log on to niketalk and say something negative about Roy. This guy calls Roy garbage when hes the one responsible for our 2 wins. The only one who can step his game to a superstar level in the playoffs...
I was extremely shocked that airblaster didn't single out Roy for the loss today 
laugh.gif

did u watch the game? lma got shut down. he had 0 FTs man. He got the ball PLENTY of times. When he needed to be physical and get to the paint, he stayed shooting jumpers. And he never wanted a damn rebound and only watched his opponent out-hustle him for the boards. 

gerald hasn't been doing anything this series but getting some steals here and there and getting garbage buckets. i cant even count how many layups hes missed this series.

I guess we can agree on one thing...that rudy is hot garbage.

We will never win a playoff series without a go to pg/wing player.

And our 3 pt shooting is terrible. Peja is torching us. If we had just one guy like that we'd be so much better. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Go Thunder.........

did broy sleep with ur mother or something? every single time he has a bad game or opens his mouth in front of public u always gotta log on to niketalk and say something negative about Roy. This guy calls Roy garbage when hes the one responsible for our 2 wins. The only one who can step his game to a superstar level in the playoffs...
I was extremely shocked that airblaster didn't single out Roy for the loss today 
laugh.gif

did u watch the game? lma got shut down. he had 0 FTs man. He got the ball PLENTY of times. When he needed to be physical and get to the paint, he stayed shooting jumpers. And he never wanted a damn rebound and only watched his opponent out-hustle him for the boards. 

gerald hasn't been doing anything this series but getting some steals here and there and getting garbage buckets. i cant even count how many layups hes missed this series.

I guess we can agree on one thing...that rudy is hot garbage.

We will never win a playoff series without a go to pg/wing player.

And our 3 pt shooting is terrible. Peja is torching us. If we had just one guy like that we'd be so much better. 
tired.gif

^^^ Man I am just tired of the fans in this town wanting to treat Roy like a god after 2 games saying he is back bla bla blah. The dude isn't back and never will be. I am not blaming the loss on him, the Blazers just weren't agressive enough overall. Like you said LA had 0 ft attempts, that is unacceptable in playoff basketball. He should have been getting the ball and attacking the rim rather than settling for that fade away jumper all game. It is like we are seeing the old LA from when Roy was in his prime, he always defers and doesn't play physical enough. And I don't think you can call out the pg, Miller has been the only player that has brought it every game. I agree that we need a legit wing player that can actually shoot with consistency, like Noskey said, Rudy and Roy should be shipped out for a better player.

^^^ Man I am just tired of the fans in this town wanting to treat Roy like a god after 2 games saying he is back bla bla blah. The dude isn't back and never will be. I am not blaming the loss on him, the Blazers just weren't agressive enough overall. Like you said LA had 0 ft attempts, that is unacceptable in playoff basketball. He should have been getting the ball and attacking the rim rather than settling for that fade away jumper all game. It is like we are seeing the old LA from when Roy was in his prime, he always defers and doesn't play physical enough. And I don't think you can call out the pg, Miller has been the only player that has brought it every game. I agree that we need a legit wing player that can actually shoot with consistency, like Noskey said, Rudy and Roy should be shipped out for a better player.

Back
Top Bottom