Official Adidas Dame Thread - Dame 4 in stores now.

Should This become the Official Adidas Dame Thread?

• Yes

Votes: 89 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Tempting as well but i'd just be making these basic joints
screenshot-www.adidas.com-2017-11-08-13-08-24-895.png

worse traction. Damn. A basketball shoe with bad traction is a horrible basketball shoe - makes the game so much harder to play.

Solebros said the traction is bad at first but it breaks in.

Nightwing straight up said it's good.

Last edited:
Traction is weird - it doesn't feel like it's gripping while playing, but I don't remember ever slipping. It's a smooth stop, not a "jam the brakes" kind of stop.

sitting on a gift card and 20% off code, but these are under exclusions from adidas right now...anyone know the usual amount of time new shoes are excluded?
loved my lillard 2 and dame 3 (aside from lace pressure on the latter) so i'm stoked for these.

Even "iffy" traction is a no go in my book... will see how it plays out for those who ball in them for a longer period of time

Heres what he said in his review:

The rubber compound itself is soft, very similar to the rubber on the CLB16 and Explosive Bounce but the “passages” of time are thick and require break in to start flexing correctly. The first few runs with the Dame 4 were not good as the rear 2/3 of the the shoe would just give out even on clean floors. With runs and more wear the compound softened up and went from below average to decent to pretty good depending on the court conditions. Speaking of passage of time that’s why it took so long for this review.

Here’s a short vid I made.

Dame 4 traction semi dusty floor
After break in, traction is great on clean and lightly dusty floors or when the humidity is high (shout out to 24 hour fitness for never turning the AC on when it’s a 89 degrees outside). But when there is loose dirt, not the ground in dirt you see at 24, you don’t get the bite and need to wipe because the passages don’t flex much to brush dirt away so it just sticks on the shoe. Pretty much the opposite pattern of the Rose 7.

https://schwollo.com/2017/10/26/adidas-dame-4-performance-review-and-analysis/

Yep. I have my own review in the Performance Reviews section too if you want to take a peep. Traction was so bad I returned it.

Both Scwhollo and Solebros said the traction is bad at first but gets good when broken in as the rubber softens up?

These are still fire casually. They're already in oulets going for $80ish right now with the 30% outlet sale. Dame 3s are also going for $40ish (50% off).

I had absolutely no problems with traction from day one. Always been solid. I mean SOLID traction, no slipping on mildly dusty courts.

I will say I do not wear my basketball shoes outside of the gym. They are transported to and from in a gym bag, and I either wear casual shoes, runners, or flip flops to and from. No external contaminants on my shoes.

Back
Top Bottom