Official AFC Wild Card Game.: Jaguars at Steelers

Man I wish Aaron Smith was still playing and the Steelers were not playing the Jags. I would feel much more confident!

This is not the team the Steelers wanted to play in the first round but they did hold serve yesterday in B-More. Taylor/Jones-Drew will not explode againstthis defense but will have solid games. Their will be no Steelers running attack and Big Ben will have a tough day against the pressure and backfield play ofthis Jags defense. Jacksonville will be the upset this weekend (even though they might not seem as one) and come out of Pittsburgh in a shoot-out 38-31.

It's not even about Willie Parker being out; the defense has shown a disturbing inability to tackle anyone.

Who the %%*$ is Cory Ross, and why did he average 6 ypc last night?

Yeah the tackling (which usually is so good with LeBeau) has been terrible. Just terrible

"We've got a lot of prideful men on our defensive side," Ward said. "I don't see Fred Taylor doing that to our defense twice."
laugh.gif
say word Hines? Fred Taylor is only the highest rusherever against the Steelers....good motivation for us though. Maybe you should suit up on D and try to stop him....cause there sure as hell wasn't anybodylast game.

on the flipside Ben is going to have to be huge in this game...the Steelers offensive line doesnt really hold off pass rush very well....we got 5 or 6 sacks ondude last time and they had been having a problem with it...and Davenport is not the style of runner that is effective against our defense...I'm tellinyall the Jaguars should win this shh...

He had season ending injury a few weeks ago. I believe bicep, but I don't feel like looking it up right now

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

.I'm tellin yall the Jaguars should win this shh...
Got it, thanks. They're favored, so you aren't the only one who thinks so.

Its a general statement....I'm not talking to you or anybody else.

I get it - it's just you've mentioned three times already that you believe the Jags are going to win.. i was just pointing out that we understandyour take on the game at this point, so you wouldn't have to reiterate anymore...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

.I'm tellin yall the Jaguars should win this shh...
Got it, thanks. They're favored, so you aren't the only one who thinks so.

Its a general statement....I'm not talking to you or anybody else.

I get it - it's just you've mentioned three times already that you believe the Jags are going to win.. i was just pointing out that we understand your take on the game at this point, so you wouldn't have to reiterate anymore...

well I'm hyped....It'll probably be reiterated a lot more from now until the game spot, despite who understand my take on the game
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

All I can say is - i'm glad we're the underdog.. we usually play really well as the underdog in the playoffs. The deck is stacked against us tonight,but i think the fact that so many people are picking the Jags is a really good sign.

I think if we can force Garrard to have to beat us, we have a really good shot at creating turnovers.

Should be a low scoring game tonight I believe.. something like 13-10 final.. hopefully we're on top, but if not, i won't be shocked or anything..we've just got too many issues to have high expectations. Here's to hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Hopefully a win, but overall the season was better than expected with the first new coach in 14 years or so and coming off an 8-8 season. Glad to see Ben isobviously going to be the franchise QB for the next 10 years, and time to start looking towards the future by replacing some aging stars. C'mon Steelers,pull it out! Tough to win in Pittsburgh twice (actually, never been done before).

Well I am off to the bar to eat and watch the game, so no comments here. But overall, Go Steelers, it would be cool to have one last shot against the Pats. Asfor the Jags, if they win I will probably be cheering for them or the Colts in the playoffs. I like the Jags style, modeled after Pittsburgh and they do itwell. Heres to a good game, and HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom