I know
But how many of y’all wearing em??? :nerd:
Stay seeing nice af1’s sell out
But never see them being worn
Ain’t seen not 1 person wear a pair of Taiwan’s
Or linens
Or any of the hyped pairs

Will be wearing @JPS linens VERY soon.
gonna throw the Playstations on soon as well... i've had em since the summer, honestly forgot about em till a couple posts above...
Have so many DS pairs i need to get to and not being able to rock M-F makes em fall farther down the totem pole sometimes...
Gotta remember to post in here...
Still need taiwans for non-Kellz price and cocoa snakes for a decent number (hard to find my size overall)

So... I just copped the Vachetta Hi Premium joints that came out a couple of years ago for the low off Stock X. They were obviously a pretty big flop for them to be going for so low, however I love getting a good deal, and actually getting real leather on a Nike this day in age is rare, so these intrigued me.

I haven't bought a pair of AF1s in well over 10 years... but before Dunks and eventually Jordans, the Af1 was my first shoe that I really started collecting way back in HS. My first pair were White/Navy, probably still have them in a garage somewhere, along with my of my old favorites that I had to import from the UK which were white with a light blue... maybe nylon or something Swoosh. It's crazy how well they have held up over time minus the midsole yellowing. I remember scuffing the toe on them back in the getting ang getting really upset, but other than that the leather still looks to be in good condition so that's a testament to how durable these shoes are.

Anyway I had a bunch of different colors, still have a few in good condition actually (some all white mids, a teal and turquoise patent leather pair, and a black/cement pair that I need to get rid of because I will never wear them again). I think my favorites were a black and grey pair that had a furry inside, and the premium obsidian blue pair that had almost like a brown elephant print with a quilted leather interior... actually those were definitely my favorites but those got ruined by dog **** and bleach and most of my other pair my crackhead gave to his wife's kids with out my permission (I left almost all of them at my grandfather's house after I moved).

Anyway I eventually moved on the Dunks, and then Jordan 1s, and after setting foot in a pair of J1s it was a wrap for both AF1s and Dunks for me as I thought it was just a much more comfortable shoe. In fact, looking back I can say Af1s are probably one of the most uncomfortable sneakers that I have ever owned... so I wasn't looking back.

So of course when I say these and heard they had improved cushioning, combined with all the other factors (price/value, build quality) I figured I would put in a lowball bid and see what happens and sure enough it was accepted. I already have Vachetta Jordan 12s that I never wear, and I will probably wear these even less, because these are pretty wild design wise, but I think they're cool, so I am excited to get them. Did anyone else cop, and if so, what do you think of them? I've always wanted a pair of the old Lux white woven joints that were made in Italy back in the day (and the Mid Tuxedos, and some snake skin and wheat pairs). Also are there any other Premium releases with improved cushioning that have come out in the past few years?

Back
Top Bottom