OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Following backlash from many people, both in and out of the sneaker community, Nike has officially decided to cancel the release of its upcoming Air Force 1 Low “Puerto Rico” colorway due to the improper use of the shoe’s Panamanian-influenced core design.

MOLA art is sacred to the indigenous Guna people of Panama, who according to the Washington Post released their own denouncement of the colorway through a statement presented by traditional leader of the Guna Yala community Belisario López. He concludes that “[The Guna people] are not against our ‘mola’ being commercialized. What we oppose is it being done without consulting us first,” continuing by stating the art is inspired by “Mother Earth, because the design is based on everything that is nature.”

clark made a post about it too

since when was he from panama!?

IMG_20190523_122257.jpg

Clark doesn't always mention it but he has spoken on his Panamanian roots from time to time. I think Akinyele is also from Panama. He said so on Drink Champs.

NDC Ivory Snakes definitely DO come with socks, for those that care about that sort of thing. :lol:

Glad I bought a handful of pairs to sort through to make one good pair though. In true Nike fashion, the right toe box of pair #1 is a completely different height than the left. Cliff toe like a MFer.

He has always repped Panama
Know plenty of folks darker than me
From panama
And speak Spanish

who said anything about color, i never knew he was from panama ...i'm well traveled & realize people come in all colors all over the globe.

Back
Top Bottom