OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Air force ids can only be made in store right? So what store on the eastcoast im in nc so the closer the better

You can make them online (I forget what the limit is on them per month, but I think it's something ridiculously low like 700 pairs or so) I think you can make them at any NT that has an iD studio, looking at nikeid right now it looks like there's 14 of them in the US, your closest one would be the one in Atlanta.

It's been a long time(6+ years) since I bought a pair of AF1's, but i'm pulling the trigger on some fresh white/white lows this weekend.

I'm not with the FOAMS campaign that every beast is on, I'm going back to the bread and butter.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

It's been a long time(6+ years) since I bought a pair of AF1's, but i'm pulling the trigger on some fresh white/white lows this weekend.

I'm not with the FOAMS campaign that every beast is on, I'm going back to the bread and butter.

I feel ya, I remember the days when I would have to buy three pairs at a time because (in my area at least) they only released them a few times a year and when they were gone... you were just out of luck.

^it was like that at one point out here as well, early 2000's. White lows at the beginning of spring and summer and black lows at the start of fall. They flew and you were either SOL or settling for a different size. White or black lows were on everyone's back to school shoe list.

^^^They were also much better quality. I remember when regular all-white lows were some of the best-looking kicks you could put on, but they just got whored out and now they look like cardboard. I never see anyone in a pair of white lows anymore that looks fresh, they straight up look like an old pair of payless kicks the second your foot takes a step in them. Don't know how to describe it, it's just a shame that an AF1 has to have a "premium" or "supreme" in the name and an extra $50 tacked on the price tag to have some decent materials.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

^^^They were also much better quality. I remember when regular all-white lows were some of the best-looking kicks you could put on, but they just got whored out and now they look like cardboard. I never see anyone in a pair of white lows anymore that looks fresh, they straight up look like an old pair of payless kicks the second your foot takes a step in them. Don't know how to describe it, it's just a shame that an AF1 has to have a "premium" or "supreme" in the name and an extra $50 tacked on the price tag to have some decent materials.
Amen brother. The 'Basic' White & Black lows have some of the worst synthetic leather known to man on them. You don't even need to put 'em on your feet to realize they're garbage. Sadly the 'Premium' line is getting some of the synthetic leather garbage thrown on it too. 

Definitely agree, you won't see many "fresh" whites because the quality is flatout pathetic. I'm looking for some sort of toebox guards for them already because I know what time it is. Hopefully between that and my deep collection it will help put off the inevitable destruction that I know will come. If I can make it through summer with these, i'm satisfied.

If you're looking for whites for summer just to beat up then cool, but I'd recommend maybe looking at other white AF1's that you can still find on PYS, Flightclub, JJ, etc... that might cost a little more, but they'll serve that all-white, kick around purpose without falling apart. I just got the last pair (happened to be my size) of the skip AF1's in all-white with the gum sole and the leather is crazy on those. On the hunt for a second pair at retail and/or a decent price on Alife's but there's alot out there for you to check out.

If you truly just want a pair of beaters, that's fine, I just don't think sneaker shield can even save the current white on whites.

the black af1s used to have the grey tag on the tongue, and the tumbled leather. the whites, uh, i think the logo on the tongue was grey too, with the tumbled leather. they'd drop the all white/w the grey soles (which i LOVED) late winter, then the all whites for the spring/summer and lol you were finished if you didnt get a pair. i want some white/grey soles soooo bad but im not wasting 190 for some damn ID's. its not THAT srs for me. i'll just be sad and force-less, because im not a big fan off icey whites.

Feeling these... I think it's a limited drop this Saturday tho...SMH

nike-air-force-1-low-white-soar-1-570x381.jpg

They're OK. Looks like that cheap/stiff leather to me. I wish they'd drop AF1's a little bit less often and focus on making them a little bit better, like better materials, etc... Then they wouldn't feel this need to keep adding unnecessary touches and details like that contrast stitching that's only on the toe box or the white lining. (always hate that on a solid color upper). Just drop some jewels and a few simple tumbled leather joints.

Those two colorways are great! However, they look horrible...due to the material/leather quality, shape, and that contrast stiching only on the toe box. AF1's just don't look as good as they did 10+ years ago.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

They're OK. Looks like that cheap/stiff leather to me. I wish they'd drop AF1's a little bit less often and focus on making them a little bit better, like better materials, etc... Then they wouldn't feel this need to keep adding unnecessary touches and details like that contrast stitching that's only on the toe box or the white lining. (always hate that on a solid color upper). Just drop some jewels and a few simple tumbled leather joints.
Have to second this. The quality on all the GR pair posted on this page is terrible. You can actually see the sun reflect off the plastic in the bottom two pairs.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom