OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

sick.gif
I'm hoping that's just an issue with that pair of lows and not others.
Since I traded an eBay seller for these, I have very few options.  I called NIke and they said that they can't do anything for me since it was an eBay transaction.  My eBay trader didn't want to hear about it, not that I blame him.  I sent Nike these photos, haven't heard back but I hope they make it right.  The cracks are small, so if I must, I will just live with it.  Guaranteed to be my last pair of foam-BS anything, ESP at reseller's $150+ retail haha.  Nope.

Promise to keep everyone posted regardless of outcome.

Last edited:
so basically, these AF-1s are ugly?

Yeah B, they are ugly. That said, I think you need to get your money back regarding the defect - is the material Foamposite or Hyperfuse? It looks ridiculously thin in your photo and it seems like there's mesh behind the 'plastic/foam'.

Yeah B, they are ugly. That said, I think you need to get your money back regarding the defect - is the material Foamposite or Hyperfuse? It looks ridiculously thin in your photo and it seems like there's mesh behind the 'plastic/foam'.
Supposed to be completely foamposite. I am trying to, but I traded an eBay seller, and he doesn't want to hear it.  I wrote Nike about the defect, no reply yet, but when I called, the girl told me that since it was an eBay transaction there was nothing she could do for me.  May be SOOL on these, but I can live with it I must; the cracks are small, I really like look of the shoe, and they have to serve as my only foamposite fix for the moment.  Long story, but the wife hates the look of any other foamposite shoe i have shown her, and I am willing to acquiesce, since she makes sacrifices for me as well (although I haven't given up the fight just yet).  She may actually be right though, if this foam stuff is gonna be this weak (I haven't told her about this incident of course).  So we all will see, as I will post how Nike deals with this unfortunate occurrence.

these are what I traded for the foams.  I have a pair of the camos that I wear so i figured I would trade the black/white for the pariah all black foams above, since I could use all black for work. but then they had to go and crack on me, of course.  sucks, but given how the camos are currently wearing, I saw a rough future for the ones below, and I just couldn't bring myself to wear them.  just ranting at this point...

Looking forward to my NIKE ID AF1's coming in 2 weeks! Couldn't help it and got 3 pairs when they release their elephant print material....too bad they didn't offer up leather uppers... Been wanting to do the Supreme color ways and one of my own. I'll take pictures of them when they come in. If they turn out bad, return they go :tongue:

Last edited:
Glad you buy what you like - ain't nothing wrong with that. But, here's a little hint - you probably shouldn't be talking about what a "true sneakerhead" should or should not do. At the age of 18, you probably aren't a "true" anything yet. A lot of the AF1 heads are older dudes. Happy to have you in the fold though, if your passion is genuine. Here are some pics of Forces older than you

Yeah. I agree. That's exactly the problem. A handful of releases you can anticipate that there will be considerable interest (Supremes, Year of the ANYTHINGS) but beyond that, it's pretty subjective.
I think they did a pair of white on white highs with gum bottoms in like 2009. Could have been '08 or '10 though.
That's the diplomatic way of saying it. :tongue:
damn those joints , i think it's safe to say best quality of nike shoes are AF1 :smokin never gets old even after years they still holding up

Looking forward to my NIKE ID AF1's coming in 2 weeks! Couldn't help it and got 3 pairs when they release their elephant print material....too bad they didn't offer up leather uppers... Been wanting to do the Supreme color ways and one of my own. I'll take pictures of them when they come in. If they turn out bad, return they go :tongue:
very cool!!

these are what I traded for the foams.  I have a pair of the camos that I wear so i figured I would trade the black/white for the pariah all black foams above, since I could use all black for work. but then they had to go and crack on me, of course.  sucks, but given how the camos are currently wearing, I saw a rough future for the ones below, and I just couldn't bring myself to wear them.  just ranting at this point...

Honestly bro, I think you lost out on the trade. Those Black Vac-Tech (Crap-Tech) 'Foams' are pure trash and and you would've got them at an outlet for cheaper in due time. I've seen Vac-Tech product in our stores and it's not durable at all - the suede/nubuck joints actually start to smooth out where the Vac-Tech 'seams' are pressed in and the firmer materials are just too rigid hence you see them cracking like your pair.

Can you look at the production date on the pair that's cracking? I believe you have a year from that date to claim a warranty. Call the rep again and say that you bought it at a store but don't have the receipt and it's well over the store return date. I'm not sure what the policy for Nike USA is but in Canada you send the kicks in, a QC rep looks at the shoe and examines the defect and determines if you're eligible for a voucher. If the shoe is heavily worn, not used for it's intended purpose or intentionally damaged they'll return it back to you but your pair looks like a straight defect.

YOTS the 18th confirmed yet? pricing?

those highs are FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

also i wanna see the ID ones you made, those look dope i keep almost ordering but need to get impressions of them in person

my local house of hoops doesnt have the high tops yet ... hmmmmmm ..

said not planned, but may get em in who knows. ... im curious .. in person might not be able to walk away from em

Honestly bro, I think you lost out on the trade. Those Black Vac-Tech (Crap-Tech) 'Foams' are pure trash and and you would've got them at an outlet for cheaper in due time. I've seen Vac-Tech product in our stores and it's not durable at all - the suede/nubuck joints actually start to smooth out where the Vac-Tech 'seams' are pressed in and the firmer materials are just too rigid hence you see them cracking like your pair.

Can you look at the production date on the pair that's cracking? I believe you have a year from that date to claim a warranty. Call the rep again and say that you bought it at a store but don't have the receipt and it's well over the store return date. I'm not sure what the policy for Nike USA is but in Canada you send the kicks in, a QC rep looks at the shoe and examines the defect and determines if you're eligible for a voucher. If the shoe is heavily worn, not used for it's intended purpose or intentionally damaged they'll return it back to you but your pair looks like a straight defect.
so this is what NIke has to say about the issue:

Hello Michael,

Thanks for contacting Nike about a pair of shoes you purchased on eBay and now giving you problems. Nike is aware of counterfeit products in the market and is working towards eliminating this problem.

Because there is not one specific way to tell you if the product is authentic or not, we are unable to advise or assist you with the shoes. For future purchases we strongly encourage you to only purchase products from authorized Nike retailers. Products purchased from a non-authorized retailer or auction sites are at your own risk and not covered under our claims process.

To report any future counterfeit concerns, please email counterfeit@nike.com.

Best,

Michael
Nike

View Nike's online privacy policy at

^^^

So basically, if NIke makes a s*** shoe and you buy it on eBay, they won't stand behind it because it MIGHT be a fake.  Haha, gotta love it.

Upon a further plea, I receive:

Thanks for your reply. However, because eBay is not an authorized Nike dealer I am unable to assist any further. Our warehouse inspectors will only inspects shoes that meet our terms and conditions. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael
Nike

Upon a further plea, I receive:

Thanks for your reply. However, because eBay is not an authorized Nike dealer I am unable to assist any further. Our warehouse inspectors will only inspects shoes that meet our terms and conditions. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael

Nike
Ur initial mistake is letting them know u got them from eBay. Always be like u got it at a Nike store or town and don't have the receipt anymore

Back
Top Bottom