OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Working from home got me bored. Saw a pic on Instagram someone took of the bottom of a pair of AJ1s and it made me appreciate the stars on the bottom of the shoes before they wear down.

IMG_20200324_171730.jpg

I'm perplexed that so many of ya'll simply use other shoes as your inspiration for ID's. Why not just use your own mind and creativity? Seems like a waste of an ID. Be creative. I know ya'll got it in you. :lol:

But what if we like what we like? A lot of IDs are inspired by shoes that are exclusive, rare, expensive or frankly hard to find in decent or wearable condition in size - just not affordable for a lot of us:

Sean Wotherspoon 1/97 - $2k
AF1 Sean Wotherspoon inspired iDs - $130

Jordan 1 Unions - $1.5k
AF1 Jordan Union inspired iDs - $130

For some people it’s nostalgic - that old feeling that a certain colorway triggers within you. There’s those that love a colorway but dislike the shoe it’s attached to.

It’s not like it’s a $1,000 bespoke investment lol. Recipes are here for a reason. Now cook!

But what if we like what we like? A lot of IDs are inspired by shoes that are exclusive, rare, expensive or frankly hard to find in decent or wearable condition in size - just not affordable for a lot of us:

Sean Wotherspoon 1/97 - $2k
AF1 Sean Wotherspoon inspired iDs - $130

Jordan 1 Unions - $1.5k
AF1 Jordan Union inspired iDs - $130

For some people it’s nostalgic - that old feeling that a certain colorway triggers within you. There’s those that love a colorway but dislike the shoe it’s attached to.

Recipes are here for a reason. Now cook!

Of course people can like what they like...and in contrast, that doesn't mean I can't have an opposite opinion on it and share here, on NT, a public discussion forum. Any time someone posts an opinion that for whatever reason people take as negative, it's the end of the world. Never understood why NOT liking something on NT is so frowned upon. I don't think things should just be all one-sided/happy go lucky.

As far as recreating a shoe that one missed out on or couldn't afford...IMO if you missed out on a rare shoe or release, then take the L. Don't try to bootleg it. To ME that's a bad look. If it's a different model, I personally think using that inspiration is lazy. I'm sure people are more creative than just reaching for an existing shoe for inspiration.

But hey...these are all just my opinions. Ya'll don't have to care.

Nothing about a neck beard Air Force 1 looks like the actual AM1/97 pair. Color inspiration yes that’s it. I mean the AF1 and Jordan 1 have alt more similarities.

Of course people can like what they like...and in contrast, that doesn't mean I can't have an opposite opinion on it and share here, on NT, a public discussion forum. Any time someone posts an opinion that for whatever reason people take as negative, it's the end of the world. Never understood why NOT liking something on NT is so frowned upon. I don't think things should just be all one-sided/happy go lucky.

As far as recreating a shoe that one missed out on or couldn't afford...IMO if you missed out on a rare shoe or release, then take the L. Don't try to bootleg it. To ME that's a bad look. If it's a different model, I personally think using that inspiration is lazy. I'm sure people are more creative than just reaching for an existing shoe for inspiration.

But hey...these are all just my opinions. Ya'll don't have to care.

Yes, you’re entitled to your opinion, as well as I am to a rebuttal. So, if someone can’t afford a certain shoe, it’s a bad look to seek a more affordable option that ISN’T a rep? Damm :smh:

As me being someone whose mom couldn’t afford Jordan 11s, it meant everything to me when moms would take me to Payless Shoe Source to get some kicks with patent on them. Gotta go tell her she was wrong for that. Tell you what tho - me and Nate Robinson was still ballin’ in them joints!

I don’t see how recreating a colorway on a model of a shoe you actually like is lazy. I rather wear a homage to a colorway than wearing a shoe, brand or model that I don’t like. It’s either you’re fake and wear a shoe you don’t like, or you’re corny because you recreate it on a model you’d actually wear. Pick your poison.

So, was it ok for Kobe and countless others to be inspired by Jordan? Or does your logic only apply to shoes?

So, if someone can’t afford a certain shoe, it’s a bad look to seek a more affordable option that ISN’T a rep? Damm :smh:

If you're faking the funk by trying to recreate/bootleg, say, the Cocoa AF1’s, then yes, it's a bad look to me. It's that simple. If you’re using the Homer Dunk colorway on an AF1 ID, then that’s lazy to me.

There are other options if things can't be afforded. I'm not rich but would love to have a pair of Patta x AM1 in burgundy. Oh well. Too bad for me. I'll find other pairs to rock.

I don’t see how recreating a colorway on a model of a shoe you actually like is lazy.

Well then we'll simply have to agree to disagree.

So, was it ok for Kobe and countless others to be inspired by Jordan? Or does your logic only apply to shoes?

Now you're taking it too far man. Stop it. Apples and oranges.
:lol:
We’re talking about sneakers here, and you're obviously over thinking this.

I think y'all are taking his comments a little too seriously, he just wants to see some more creativity. These current AF1 options are actually quite nice and there's a lot of slick combos to be made. But in the end do what you want!

I think y'all are taking his comments a little too seriously, he just wants to see some more creativity. These current AF1 options are actually quite nice and there's a lot of slick combos to be made. But in the end do what you want!

Exactly.

Although both sides have good points..

How about you do whatever the hell u want with your id because its your money

i did a dunk inspired af1, I would love to get the actual inspiration (sb lunars) and i might just but the condition a ds is in now and price sway me away

i also did cocoas but did my own color, never liked the brown snakeskin like that

1DD24F41-4E85-4E43-BF38-A0F2C8C2FB7C.jpeg

So I haven’t owned a pair of af1s in years, is the sizing still half a size down? I like to have a tad bit of space in front of my toes.

I didn’t miss on SW 97/1 & still made a pair of IDs...ppl been making Yeezy 2, CWs, on almost every shoe Nike has in ID. Not to mention Supreme Elephant dunk inspired on AM1 & etc. It may come harder to creatE their own CW than someone else, not to mention if someone worked hard to create something they feel is good & shares it with ppl to have ppl say they are “trash” or whatever, doesn’t make for positive vibes here. But just my 2 cents....I’m gonna wear my SW inspired IDs just as much as the actual pair. Besides, these suede options are quite 🔥🔥🔥

C6C57F05-D26A-48BE-AD5A-DAE562AC8F54.jpeg

I want to sole swap my scarfaces. I'm checking ebay and all sites at the moment for white midsole black outsole donor pairs, but if anyone here has any of their own size 11 pairs they'd be willing to part with cheap, let me know. Worn is fine as long as most stars are still intact. Don't care if air/stripe is black or white, as long as midsole is white and outsole is black. And 5 or less years old. Thanks in advance.

Once marshalls and outlets open up again I'll definitely check them out.

I want to sole swap my scarfaces. I'm checking ebay and all sites at the moment for white midsole black outsole donor pairs, but if anyone here has any of their own size 11 pairs they'd be willing to part with cheap, let me know. Worn is fine as long as most stars are still intact. Don't care if air/stripe is black or white, as long as midsole is white and outsole is black. And 5 or less years old. Thanks in advance.

Once marshalls and outlets open up again I'll definitely check them out.

$75 shipped?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-F...:DmEAAOSw32FdbybC:sc:USPSPriority!02141!US!-1

About $115 shipped?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-AIR-F...767521?hash=item262ee8d2e1:g:PagAAOSwkMNd-tvW

Back
Top Bottom