OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

After doing some digging in this thread, I've realized that the Crafts are polarizing here; some folks praise the materials while others despise the shape. As a 90s kid, I don't really remember what AF1s used to look like — just that I always wanted a pair of white on whites every summer. Now that I'm older and as an enthusiast, quality is more important to me than shape (depending on the shoe, of course). I guess it's all about nostalgia at the end of the day

After doing some digging in this thread, I've realized that the Crafts are polarizing here; some folks praise the materials while others despise the shape. As a 90s kid, I don't really remember what AF1s used to look like — just that I always wanted a pair of white on whites every summer. Now that I'm older and as an enthusiast, quality is more important to me than shape (depending on the shoe, of course). I guess it's all about nostalgia at the end of the day

Nostalgia def plays a part for me. I was 3 or 4 when AF1's originally came out so obviously don't remember them then.

First time I noticed them was around 1987 or 1988...particularly when Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock's first album dropped. DJ E-Z Rock rocked them on the album cover.

To be around something for 30+ years, then see the owner/creator completely change the shape and look does not sit well with me. :lol: I'm also a self-admitted OG purist/snob when it comes to sneakers these days so I'm biased anyway.

Crafts are not even AF1's to me. They're variants. Like some Dub Zero/off-shoot Jordan, to what numbered Jordan's are (okay not as bad as those :lol: ). A squished version of what they should be. :lol: It's kinda like when an epic/classic movie gets made, they then try to benefit from it by making a very unnecessary sequel.

If it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say. 🤷‍♂️

Nostalgia def plays a part for me. I was 3 or 4 when AF1's originally came out so obviously don't remember them then.

First time I noticed them was around 1987 or 1988...particularly when Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock's first album dropped. DJ E-Z Rock rocked them on the album cover.

To be around something for 30+ years, then see the owner/creator completely change the shape and look does not sit well with me. :lol: I'm also a self-admitted OG purist/snob when it comes to sneakers these days so I'm biased anyway.

Crafts are not even AF1's to me. They're variants. Like some Dub Zero/off-shoot Jordan, to what numbered Jordan's are (okay not as bad as those :lol: ). A squished version of what they should be. :lol: It's kinda like when an epic/classic movie gets made, they then try to benefit from it by making a very unnecessary sequel.

If it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say. 🤷‍♂️
Too bad Nike isn't willing to combine the OG shape that most people prefer with decent or even good materials

20210822_151820.jpg

Yeah kinda over the shape of the craft, I love how comfy they are but haven’t worn the craft vachetta tan in a while. I’ll eventually order a pair of the 2017 vachetta tan pair to replace them.

After some more browsing this thread (it's 2 am on the east coast — I knew I shouldn't have made an account after lurking for years) my junior high/high school love for af1s is reignited... What are some of the best colorways with decent materials, and are pairs from the 00s still wearable?

After some more browsing this thread (it's 2 am on the east coast — I knew I shouldn't have made an account after lurking for years) my junior high/high school love for af1s is reignited... What are some of the best colorways with decent materials, and are pairs from the 00s still wearable?
They've recently done retros of some of the co.jp pairs. You're coming back in at a good time.

Attention is still on AJ1s/Dunks/SBs but AF1s been silently running circles.

Good to know! If I could find a pair of these "Zinc" af1s that I had in '06...

zinc.jpeg

I don't think there has been a retro of those but you can find a lot of moderately priced retros of some classics

Linens
Taiwans
05 Easter
Hong Kongs
Purple Highs
Cocoa Snake
3M Snake
Ivory Snake
Poor man's black albums (black and white lows)
Fridays
You had the ability to nearly replicate Playstation and Pixie Stick AF1s

Finally back at work and picked up the crafts I ordered from the 17th (beetroot). A lil snug but the snug is a better fit than those black ones with white midsole I order few weeks back.

Wish they made a 12.5 in them though. 13 think my foot would be swimming

last two undefeated collabs for starters

Back
Top Bottom