OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I feel like a like a lot of the classic retros don't appeal to the current sneaker market.

I thought 3M snakes would never sit and months later they can be had for retail or under. Hong Kong's, acorns, purple highs and even a couple others sat or could be had with relative ease.

Those grey joints being a mid makes it even less likely they sell for much over retail (initially). I think the last mid that did really well might've been the Flaxs.

Collabs sell like hot cakes, but classics are less sought after for whatever reason. I actually paid resell for my kith linens years ago and I don't think I paid more than like 220.

I used to be sure hype was coming back to the AF1 but it didn't happen after Purple Highs, didn't happen after any of the Cocoa Snakes, didn't happen with Taiwan's, or 05 Easters, I could go on...

Every now and then there's a moderately hyped pair that surprises me in terms of difficulty (it's usually a Collab), but most of the time AF1s are a cakewalk compared to other more hyped models.

NBY and UNDFTD came in. Not really feeling the NBY tho

7CFA86FD-443C-4796-9EAE-E9A0656291A5.jpeg
41657413-E64E-48FA-973B-F8CEB676B8AF.jpeg

Are the Turtles sitting anywhere online ? Nobody posting about them, didn’t really see anything in here leading up either… kinda surprised they sold out but i guess everything does

I feel like a like a lot of the classic retros don't appeal to the current sneaker market.

I thought 3M snakes would never sit and months later they can be had for retail or under. Hong Kong's, acorns, purple highs and even a couple others sat or could be had with relative ease.

Those grey joints being a mid makes it even less likely they sell for much over retail (initially). I think the last mid that did really well might've been the Flaxs.

Collabs sell like hot cakes, but classics are less sought after for whatever reason. I actually paid resell for my kith linens years ago and I don't think I paid more than like 220.

I used to be sure hype was coming back to the AF1 but it didn't happen after Purple Highs, didn't happen after any of the Cocoa Snakes, didn't happen with Taiwan's, or 05 Easters, I could go on...

Every now and then there's a moderately hyped pair that surprises me in terms of difficulty (it's usually a Collab), but most of the time AF1s are a cakewalk compared to other more hyped models.

I think a lot of this has to do with nostalgia for us. We remember the first time around when these dropped and how crazy it was - the new wave of new heads were not there for that or understand the importance these once had. It's strange to me too, but I am happy in a way? Easy to grab these. Just give me the georgetown atmos with the lime green insole and Im set. Let the new generation pay resell for shoes that would have been sold at Journeys...

Back
Top Bottom