OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Like I have a pretty nice car, pretty limited and had to wait 8 months for it. Some would say I should keep it clean. **** that, **** stays dirty with mud on it half the time. It's a Jeep, I treat it as such.

IMG_5075.jpeg

Finally unDSed the greatest retro of all time.

I’m the weird one for wanting my shoes clean at all times? Nah. I don’t rock with the “beat your shoes” mentality.
When the rotating is deep enough there’s no need for cleaning outside of a quick toothbrush across them occasionally. I don’t wear anything consistently enough to reach beater status other than workout and around the house shoes. My dress shoes take the biggest beating since I wear them 5 out of 7 days to work.

I’m the weird one for wanting my shoes clean at all times? Nah. I don’t rock with the “beat your shoes” mentality.
Nah, not where I’m from. I’m probably on the extreme side with it, but fresh kicks always mattered. Black hoopin’ shoes were for running around the neighborhood and rainy days. White 1s touched inside and dry pavement only. Couldn’t just run out and buy another pair back then.

This thread is in a weird place. When I was a kid, keeping your shoes fresh was a sign that you weren’t so broke that you had to wear beat down shoes. And, secondly, that you took care of your valuables.

As far as I can tell, the beat down coke whites look was championed by upper middle class white influencers. You know what group of people definitely don’t need to prove they can afford new shoes or who definitely don’t think athletic shoes are valuable?

I know alot of 80s classics look good when they are beat up…so i see where the kids are coming from.. But for some reason the air force 1 is different, maybe its because of the heavy creasing for that particular shoe.

I know alot of 80s classics look good when they are beat up…so i see where the kids are coming from.. But for some reason the air force 1 is different, maybe its because of the heavy creasing for that particular shoe.
Back in the 80s people bought one shoe and wore it. All white AF1s weren’t released until around 97 and were released with the sole purpose of being bright white at all times. 87s, Trainer 1s, and Metallic 5s are some of my favorite to wear beat down, but that will never apply to white on whites to me.

From the DSM sale, very fast free shipping in just 2 days.

Had to "fix" these slam jams... dunno wtf they were thinking with the lace system but it gets a hell no from me. They look much better now I think, thought about seeing how just the rope laces looked in the other shoe, but I knew I would prefer the flat laces so I didnt bother.

20230617_150515.jpg
20230617_150141.jpg
20230617_151125.jpg
20230617_151114.jpg
Leather quality is actually very nice and soft, as is the suede on the swoosh

My friend copped the grey jewel lows, they are nice too but I think they would have been better with a regular swoosh.

20230617_145813.jpg

Orange COTM’s from DSM arrived in MD in 48 hours. Nice change from the sites that lower prices stupid low, but then take 4 weeks to ship.

PS - I usually stay in the SB thread, but you guys really hold it down in here. I appreciate how you keep the community fed with deal info. The SB thread -used- to be like that. We just haven’t had deals since 2016!

Orange COTM’s from DSM arrived in MD in 48 hours. Nice change from the sites that lower prices stupid low, but then take 4 weeks to ship.

PS - I usually stay in the SB thread, but you guys really hold it down in here. I appreciate how you keep the community fed with deal info. The SB thread -used- to be like that. We just haven’t had deals since 2016!
Pre the Travis era the sb thread was super dope. John00 John00 still has deserves all the respect in the world for the deal info he used to drop.

It seems like the dunk hype is finally dying again so I'm sure the thread will resemble what we have here.

PS 40% OFF currently at Oneness if anyone is looking for anything.

Ugly. Terrible. Leather midsoles are never ok. There is nothing good about this shoe, other than the fact that it never made it into production. :lol:
I think one of the few leather midsole pairs that were great were the AF1 Canvas pairs that came out several years back. They came out in navy, grey, and I think a red pair or could’ve been black unless I’m getting mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom