OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

i think its hard to compare shoes that came out 20 years ago to shoes today period. sourced materials change, who knows what color options were documented.

with that said, the "3m" sucks on these new snakes. look at homies picture side by side with the dunks and how the same lighting has an opposite affect on the picture lol

Said this before and imma say it again - having had both OG co.jp linens and retro 2016 linens, I'm happier w/ the ones that feel better on my feet. AKA the inner midsole isn't crumbling on the retros so I'd rather wear those. Shoes that look good aren't worth **** to me if I can't wear them on my feet. I know I'm in the minority there, however, since a lot of y'all here on NT are straight up collectors.

No argument from me there. Where we differ is in what looks good. That Linen retro looks terrible to my eye, so I’d never actually wear them. Yeah, they’re Linens and at a glance one may never know they’re the retro. But when you’ve had actual decent shaped pairs from that co.jp era and earlier, it kinda kills the enthusiasm for the retros.

Not even impressed by the black leather panels?? They're so soft, especially in today's age of Nike trash materials.

Shape is of course trash. :lol:

And yeah the purple/blueish is slightly little off from original.
20210117_183949-jpg.2733631

The leather is decent for sure. Not the worst and not the best. Problem is that if the baseline is the GR stuff Nike gives us, we’re already losing. :lol:

Couldn't of said it any better. Some of us don't buy shoes just to stare at, no matter how good the shoes look. We buy shoes to wear. I'll never choose an old shoe over a newly released pair..... damn the shade of purple on the backtab. :lol: :lol:

Who said anything about staring at them though lol? Nobody here wears shoes that they don’t think look good, right? Simple fact is that these are a meh retro of a classic colorway that was unobtainable for a lot of folks. Them being classics makes it easy to overlook some of the details that aren’t up to par—I know I’ve done it plenty of times with tons of retro joints. Just can’t do it with these for some reason. To each his own.

Shoulda known better but these white/gum lows going right back...terrible would put it nicely on them. Top eyestay on both pairs I received today aren’t even stitched 🤷‍♂️

Mind snapping a quick ph pic?

got a pair slated to arrive Friday. I don't have high hopes but we'll see lol.

Anyone know where I can get any of the crafts for under retail hopefully in a size 11/11.5?

He had a size 9 for a good price but didn't pull the trigger because I didn't think they were wearable due to age.

Who said anything about staring at them though lol? Nobody here wears shoes that they don’t think look good, right? Simple fact is that these are a meh retro of a classic colorway that was unobtainable for a lot of folks. Them being classics makes it easy to overlook some of the details that aren’t up to par—I know I’ve done it plenty of times with tons of retro joints. Just can’t do it with these for some reason. To each his own.

Dawg, you mad extra. They shoes. You like? Buy. You don’t like? Don’t buy..... that’s cool too. Jeez. 🤣

He had a size 9 for a good price but didn't pull the trigger because I didn't think they were wearable due to age.

There will probably be minor midsole separation and possible air deflation. But it's not like the midsole/sole is ever going to fall off as it's stitched to the upper.

AF1 midsoles will not crumble, nor separate from the upper as it's stitched on. If you don't mind possible air bag deflation and minor separation where the midsole meets the upper (nothing some glue & a toothpick can't fix) go for it.

AF1 midsoles will not crumble, nor separate from the upper as it's stitched on. If you don't mind possible air bag deflation and minor separation where the midsole meets the upper (nothing some glue & a toothpick can't fix) go for it.

The first time I saw an AF1 crumble. This was posted in my local facebook sneaker group. I'm not sure how the buyer used the shoes.

Attachments

• AD0CC6F1-D69A-490A-8300-DFC40FBFBA5D.png
    AD0CC6F1-D69A-490A-8300-DFC40FBFBA5D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 25EC9CD0-5FAE-4794-85BC-E947205D0C1E.png
    25EC9CD0-5FAE-4794-85BC-E947205D0C1E.png
    1 MB · Views: 98
  • F23CED0F-E0D9-47A4-A666-743E22F603F8.png
    F23CED0F-E0D9-47A4-A666-743E22F603F8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
I've seen some dunk midsoles from 2005 and prior crack. Seen it in two pairs I've had. Same with jordans from '85. That's due to the rubber hardening and then being put under the stress of wear without the same flexibility that it used to have. It's still pretty rare though.

I saw a pair of coke whites that were cracked clear to the footbed. Straight across the bottom of the shoe under the forefoot. No clue how that even happened. They were for sale in a thrift store too.

Some older af1 does crumble. Mine black spruce jewels crumbled on me a while back and I could only tell when the outer midsole look like it was bubbling out. This happens because some af1 air unit is incapsulated in polyurethane than sinks into the grid pattern on the heel of the rubber sole.

Now there are different style inner mid soles but this is the most common from what I've seen. This info is just regarding polyurethane Inner midsoles.

You can see the midsole on the bottom crumble so bad that only thr air unit was left. The midsole crumbled and dryed up. The dried particles escaped from the inside. If you see a sand like material come from your og sneakers, its not sand, its your inner midsole crumbling.

Screenshot_20210216-081947_Facebook.jpg

Huge shout out to the good guy @KanyIZZY . This man went above and beyond, and out of his way to snag me a pair. A true gentlemen and great dude. Great to still see in this community. @KanyIZZY you the man! :nthat:

20210212_162454.jpg
20210212_162411.jpg
20210212_162324.jpg
why didn't you just get them from SNKRS like the rest of us??

jk
Kinda curious to see a white or gray lace swap 👀
I'm curious to see a navy lace swap to match the stitching on the heel and tongue

I did see 3m snakes for 145 on stockX today. I know it's not retail especially after fees but that's a price I could live with if I didn't have a pair.

Had I not doubled up un-necessarily I'd prolly cop.

I returned my pair of 3m snakes to 21 mercer yesterday. They had them in stock, extra butter also had them on shelf.

Back
Top Bottom