• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yes my b/reds from the nike store was missing a part of thr wing
Cool about to pull the trigger on some sbb. Seller told me he bought it that way (missing paint by the letter A). Everything else seems legit R and D touch. Was just iffy about it because I couldn't find anything on google and all my ones aren't missing paint on the logo like that. Paying 550$ for a size 12. Repped.

All the guys with the glitter showing up where are y'all from? Maybe it's a weather related issue or how y'all storing them... I got multiple pairs of Breds, top 3's, black toes , royals , cyber mondays, and yin yangs none of them have glitter..... but I do store mine in the og box, in a cool room with the lights off... I also keep my kicks in the shipping boxes maybe that helps ‍♂️.... but let's try to narrow down the issue... also all of mine are deadstock... I'd like to try and root out the different variables maybe we can all figure this out

most people keep their shoes in the closet

the room has ac but the closet doesn't (in most cases)

I just keep my closet door open or cracked open

I wouldnt even be mad if JB threw us a curve ball and gave us these gems instead. Patent leather joints are cool but a bit too flashy for my taste
please be these and not the 2013 pair. if it was patent leather i rather it be the 2001 black/gold color blocking. black midsole.

All the guys with the glitter showing up where are y'all from? Maybe it's a weather related issue or how y'all storing them... I got multiple pairs of Breds, top 3's, black toes , royals , cyber mondays, and yin yangs none of them have glitter..... but I do store mine in the og box, in a cool room with the lights off... I also keep my kicks in the shipping boxes maybe that helps ‍♂️.... but let's try to narrow down the issue... also all of mine are deadstock... I'd like to try and root out the different variables maybe we can all figure this out

From Wisconsin,

It's only hot here like 2-3 months a year.... I keep my kicks in OG box in a well ventilated room.

Happened to 3 of my pairs.... 2 of which are under a year old smh....

Took paper outta my bred boxs at least a month and some change ago and it still happened.

Anyways I copped he lotion yesterday and I'm moving on. Niketalk ain't what it use to be tho. Glad BabyJs at was around to be a voice of reason.

From Wisconsin,

It's only hot here like 2-3 months a year.... I keep my kicks in OG box in a well ventilated room.

Took paper outta my bred boxs at least a month and some change ago and it still happened.

Anyways I copped he lotion yesterday and I'm moving on. Niketalk ain't what it use to be tho. Glad BabyJs at was around to be a voice of reason.

Where u from in wisconsin :smokin

From Wisconsin,

Where u from in wisconsin :smokin

I wouldnt even be mad if JB threw us a curve ball and gave us these gems instead. Patent leather joints are cool but a bit too flashy for my taste

[emoji]128175[/emoji]
I customized a pair of clovers into these but the leather sucks. Would be nice to have a remastered pair

Last edited:
Jordan brand planning for a huge all star break if that's legit, black cement 3's with NA and these will top whatever adidas has planned. 

From Wisconsin,

Have you worn the pairs that have glitter?

Feel like last few ASGs there's been early teases of classic OGs (BW '16 and Gym Reds '17) ... only for ish to shake out dif. If these are still on the calendar come the Jordan holiday press then it's time to open the war chest [emoji]128518[/emoji]

You realize sneakers are a billion dollar industry right? I mean I know the mass majority doesn't really care about how "special" your kicks are but sneaker collecting is much more mainstream than it was even just 10 years ago. There are many that would argue sneaker collecting is this generations "card collecting". I mean there are people who go through great lengths to protect and preserve stamps.

I'm assuming that by being on NT you are also more apt to collect sneakers than stamps as well, but who knows you could be SgtStamp collector too.

Sneaker collecting might be mainstream but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say that it is socially acceptable. Go to any sneaker convention and you will see a vast sea of socially awkward kids and weird old dudes trying to "flex" their "heat", it's actually pretty sad and pathetic. I know the echo chambers of NT and social media/Sneaker YouTube would lead you to believe most people in their teens/20s/early 30s collect sneakers to various degrees but it is still a relatively niche market, even with $1 billion in sales. Also, the vast majority of sneakerheads are males-and that doesn't really seem to be changing.

Also, let's be real, stamp collecting has never been socially acceptable.

Last edited:
Sneaker collecting might be mainstream but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say that it is socially acceptable. Go to any sneaker convention and you will see a vast sea of socially awkward kids and weird old dudes trying to "flex" their "heat", it's actually pretty sad and pathetic. I know the echo chambers of NT and social media/Sneaker YouTube would lead you to believe most people in their teens/20s/early 30s collect sneakers to various degrees but it is still a relatively niche market, even with $1 billion in sales. Also, the vast majority of sneakerheads are males-and that doesn't really seem to be changing.

Also, let's be real, stamp collecting has never been socially acceptable.

"Mainstream" by definition is "Socially Acceptable"

the sneaker cons were super goofy back in the day but they're way larger now with a wider audience

it's still not my thing but it's like a show now

Back
Top Bottom