Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
bro, they been dropping the ball on every release for numerous months now. Ive been trying to put a spotlight on it but no one is really hearing it. Its becoming a serious issue and reflective of blatant disrespect for the consumer in favor of refusal to adequately pay up for long overdue increased manufacturing costs. Mark Parker is the shot caller here and he needs to be terminated ASAP before it gets even worse while he gets paid more and more and we take the hit for it with ****ty made shoes.

I really wish the totality of NT would recognize this so we can make noise in unison and move past this clown.

You’re right in that Mark Parker had to sign off on the hiring decisions that include Gentry 2: Electric Boogaloo. In the words of Kanye, “I’mma put Mark Parker all on that Summer Jam screen.” The dude needs to go but, like others have said, the company is profitable so the board likely wants to retain him, even if he isn’t steering the company in the direction that sneaker enthusiasts like us here at NT would like. I wish Adidas could’ve kept up their momentum, Nike/JB for once actually felt pressure to move past the old guard that Phil Knight et all., put in place and actually start to really innovate. It’s now back to cruise control with people like Gentry leading JB again.

Most of my homegirls read matchy-matchy outfits as you’re still a kid and you don’t know yourself .... in the same way camo reads kid to them.

All the BRed talk made me pull these out the cut.

64D620EA-938E-4864-9CE3-7C2E48538BD5.jpeg

ur fit sucks tho, you have on a bunch of earth tones/neural shirt with seahorses on it with a pair of black/red/white sneakers on. Are you a member of the clash? lol. I guess clashing is trendy nowadays, to each his own... If someone were to look at you all they would notice is the Js. If you were going to wear that you should've worn guava 1s or another white or beige sneaker.

I guess clashing is trendy nowadays

Yeah it actually is, havent you seen some of the fits on social media and the "dare to be different" sneakers that have been released in the past 5 years? Clash is literally in and it's making waves.

Most of my homegirls read matchy-matchy outfits as you’re still a kid and you don’t know yourself .... in the same way camo reads kid to them.

All the BRed talk made me pull these out the cut.

64D620EA-938E-4864-9CE3-7C2E48538BD5.jpeg

Nice use of complimentary colors and keeping earth tones with the pop at your feet. The fit is basically a white tee with olive pants and b/reds when you take off the jacket, I see no issue.

Yeah it actually is, havent you seen some of the fits on social media and the "dare to be different" sneakers that have been released in the past 5 years? Clash is literally in and it's making waves.

Millions of people "dare to be different" yet they all look the same :lol:. Just because something is trendy doesn't necessarily make it cool, to each his own.

Nice use of complimentary colors and keeping earth tones with the pop at your feet. The fit is basically a white tee with olive pants and b/reds when you take off the jacket, I see no issue.

eh... like I said the upper/lower portion is OK... it's just the shoes that's an eyesore, they don't work, and they're typical...

Millions of people "dare to be different" yet they all look the same :lol:. Just because something is trendy doesn't necessarily make it cool, to each his own.

I'm just answering your question. Yes clashing is in. Theres a reason why dad shoes and the anti fashion movement has kicked in. What shes wearing up above ain't bad at all. It's basically white, olive, black red at the feet with a removable khaki jacket. It works well imo but your stylistic sensibilities are different from mine and mine are different from others. The stuff you wear may have people saying "looks trash" theres no such thing as different or the same because everyone dresses how they want and takes inspo from all kinds of movements.

Post your fits. Only a select few do.
I don’t over do the coordination. Usually black or blue denim, solid color shirt and a button up. I’m old. Whatevs.

Post my fits all the time and have no cares what any one says... That's me and personal dress style. Everyone is different from state, to region, from north, south, East, and west.

H headdetective he can tell you I'm matchy as they get. I'm always in the monthly fits thread posting. But best believe I have style though....

Even though some didn't like my denim game....lol

20170903_193841.jpg
20170903_194151.jpg
20170903_194326.jpg

Last edited:
You’re right in that Mark Parker had to sign off on the hiring decisions that include Gentry 2: Electric Boogaloo. In the words of Kanye, “I’mma put Mark Parker all on that Summer Jam screen.” The dude needs to go but, like others have said, the company is profitable so the board likely wants to retain him, even if he isn’t steering the company in the direction that sneaker enthusiasts like us here at NT would like. I wish Adidas could’ve kept up their momentum, Nike/JB for once actually felt pressure to move past the old guard that Phil Knight et all., put in place and actually start to really innovate. It’s now back to cruise control with people like Gentry leading JB again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Theyre profitable but thats exactly why I wonder if the major shareholders and chairmen actually wear Nikes because if they did theyd see the cracks in the dam just like we do. Its pretty obvious where these cut corners could lead and how dark that road will be.

And if their response to the pressure from adidas is gentry then we can only pray Nike monopolizes the market forever.

I keep hearing that Kobe has the perfect mindset and work ethic to take over the job that Magic left. I kind of want Kobe to replace Mark Parker. lol

In all honesty I think Tinker is the obvious choice and rightful heir to the throne and its almost a crime that he isnt on it right now. Dude literally built the company after Phil Knight started it. No two men are more important to this brand. Nope, its Marker Parker at the helm. wat.

I dunno why people on NT are so against matching outfits... I mean it doesn't have to be matching from head to toe, but we all know royal blue doesn't compliment olive drab camo. Honestly when I see anyone wearing olive drab camo with something that isn't black white or earth toned I cringe inside a little.
same here.

I'm probably violating some statute of limitations, being that this topic was discussed like 20 pages ago.. but I've been to some spots out here in Dallas where security specifically says "No Jordans" but Vans, Converse, etc make it in.. My boy walks in with 1s and has no issues. Can the average joe or non-sneakerhead actually tell the difference between 1s, dunks, or Killshots? Doubt it.
1s are versatile, I'm 40 and I can rock them to corporate events, happy hours, etc and be just fine.
Not sure why people are stereotyping based on kicks tho.. well, I guess we all really know, but anyways.
i can wear 1's to a very nice restaurant that has a dress code and get away with it, especially Shadows. I tried to get into Mastro's with some BCIII's in Houston a couple of weeks ago and I got stopped like I was wearing a basketball jersey. Went back to another one the next week with Shadows and it was all good.

Honestly, I'm not against color coordinating and matching but it also needs to be acknowledged that a lot of sh*t works well with each other if one is willing and open to experimentation with their wardrobe and has a knowledge of color. People will literally say b/reds are the easiest 1s to rock because they "go with anything" in actuality they dont, but since the shoe's inception people made it work and the shoe was iconic so it eventually became the norm to be worn with anything, the same can be done to a lot of colorways of shoes if you coordinate it well or not at all but have the confidence to own it and not give a fck what people think about how you dress. I personally like each piece on my wardrobe to be it's own standout thing at times. I'll rock a salmon tee, navy blue pants, and the chicagos one day if I wanna be bold and that will get so many real world compliments. I may dress down the next day and restrict the palette to neutral colorways or drape myself in all black with the triple blacks or have a white tee, khaki pants, & neutral gray lows. One's personal style just varies, theres no set rule to any of it. To say that the navy highs cant go with anything is ridiculous, navy is literally one of the most versatile color choices and the rest of the shoe is white. Its not hard to rock them match or no match at all.

you put a lot of thought into it.

With me, its easy. Rocking black/red 1's? Grabbing some black denim. Takes me 2.43 seconds to decide. Rocking black toes? Everything is good to go.

At the end of the day, do you what you like. Who cares what we have to say about the choices.

i can wear 1's to a very nice restaurant that has a dress code and get away with it, especially Shadows. I tried to get into Mastro's with some BCIII's in Houston a couple of weeks ago and I got stopped like I was wearing a basketball jersey. Went back to another one the next week with Shadows and it was all good.
well yeah, shadows are all kinds of better than bc3s

Back
Top Bottom