Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I was cart jacked from FTL. Had it going and was about to pay but screen went blank, came back and it was gonzo. No big deal on this miss tho

Lol @ what’s the problem.

Aftee dude told you what the problem is lol
There's really no problem at all. It's pretty normal. If you went to a clothing store, you wanna see only two things on the rack or do you wanna have some options to choose from? Do you order the whole menu when you go out to a restaurant, or do you just pick what you want that night? If you don't like it and/or don't want it, ignore it. You'll be ok.

206to813 206to813 I'm sorry, I just don't get it. 1's have been getting milked like this for over a decade. If it wasn't dead after that, it's not dead now. I'd take almost all those "dead" 2020 releases over the **** they churned out pre-Nike air/remaster. Y'all rather go back to only a handful of 1s per year, with these being the 1s?

1620139096950.png

1620139007722.png

I forgot they dropped today and my SNKRS app reverted all the upcoming drops to "Notify Me", basically deleting all the notifications I'd turned on.

So yeah - completely missed them. I was like one of three people on NT who actually liked these monstrosities, too :lol:

There's really no problem at all. It's pretty normal. If you went to a clothing store, you wanna see only two things on the rack or do you wanna have some options to choose from? Do you order the whole menu when you go out to a restaurant, or do you just pick what you want that night? If you don't like it and/or don't want it, ignore it. You'll be ok.

206to813 206to813 I'm sorry, I just don't get it. 1's have been getting milked like this for over a decade. If it wasn't dead after that, it's not dead now. I'd take almost all those "dead" 2020 releases over the **** they churned out pre-Nike air/remaster. Y'all rather go back to only a handful of 1s per year, with these being the 1s?

1620139096950.png

1620139007722.png
Some people weren't around during the Alpha years, apparently :nerd:

Can’t help but laugh at the ones who complain about prices on things like Chicago 1s and stuff when they could be had for cheap back during release day. Outside of Banneds/Frags there weren’t too many 1s that had a crazy value right after release.

Join during the hype, pay the hype prices *shrug*

It's not a problem to you, and that's fine.

Your comparison is also a reach, but I'll allow it.

I just believe models like the 1 should be maxed out at a certain point, and not a different goofy color every week.

When's the last time you were excited for a OG High? Be honest.

It's been years for me.

It's not a problem to you, and that's fine.

Your comparison is also a reach, but I'll allow it.

I just believe models like the 1 should be maxed out at a certain point, and not a different goofy color every week.

When's the last time you were excited for a OG High? Be honest.

It's been years for me.
Neutral greys, struck out for retail but don't care enough to pay resell. I was into both co.jp releases, struck out for retail but don't care enough to pay resell. Mochas, struck out for retail but luckily secured a trade with a fellow NTer for them. And like I said a few posts ago, I'm copping the purple metallic wannabes when they come out because I know they're at least gonna be more comfortable than the 2009 retro I had. JB could release 500 colorways of 1s for all I care. If I only want one, then that's all I'm gonna try to buy. I don't care about any sneakers that are released that aren't the ones I want for myself. Good for anyone else that wants them. Meaningless to me.

I've echoed this same argument in the air max 1 thread. Dudes complained about all the colorways that were coming out around 2018 onward, but at the same time it allowed them to buy a lot of the pairs they liked on sale because there were so many to choose from. Unfortunately 1's are too popular to reach sale status anymore but it was only a few years ago that they did. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get pairs like metallic navys or kentucky's on sale again?

Aaaaand..... they’re all over eBay for a $40 profit, what a time. :rofl:
**** sucks man

The kicks that people DO want, you miss on 99% of the time- so resale is the only way

So everyone goes for everything now to make a couple dollars and offset the resale buys

Plus, all the heads who not even making resale buys, just want the quick easy $ even if it’s $40

I've echoed this same argument in the air max 1 thread. Dudes complained about all the colorways that were coming out around 2018 onward, but at the same time it allowed them to buy a lot of the pairs they liked on sale because there were so many to choose from. Unfortunately 1's are too popular to reach sale status anymore but it was only a few years ago that they did. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get pairs like metallic navys or kentucky's on sale again?

Bro, I know it’s been a weird year and all that but Bloodlines and Black Satins literally went on sale on NDC last year lol

Bro, I know it’s been a weird year and all that but Bloodlines and Black Satins literally went on sale on NDC last year lol
True! As they deserved to. Thank you for the reminder. I saw someone wearing the black satin 1s with black laces in them and I wasn't mad at them.

These are the 2020 to present 1 highs, missing Balvins

For me, I only bought/kept 4 (mochas, both japans, and hyper royals- obviously 2021)

So I kinda agree 1s died in 2020 in the sense they released so much crap. But other side of me looks at these releases and I see a lot of releases that were pretty straight - I just didn’t want em personally for various reasons

12 (technically 13). Because of FOMO.
green zooms, black satins (super discount), unc to chi, cp2, tiedye, both JPs, baroques, mochas, NG, silver toes, hyper royals (x2)

True! As they deserved to. Thank you for the reminder. I saw someone wearing the black satin 1s with black laces in them and I wasn't mad at them.

Yeah I bought both on deep disco last year. They’re okay for the disco price I paid but I’m sure they would go for like $200+ If they released nowadays, which is insane lol

Back
Top Bottom