Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Screenshot_2019-08-02-22-47-19-1.png

Ugh, why are these not OG? What is the point of this phat low model?

Ugh, why are these not OG? What is the point of this phat low model?
Im guessing, and this is just a guess now, its probably to pull attention to the casual customer who walk into stores & walks around. That large market of ppl who don't necessarily know the history of jordans or have eyes that are trained to appreciate OG's. What those ppl typically want when they buy a jordan is something w/ a visible jumpman to let ppl know they're wearing jordans. It seems maybe they also made the shape to appeal to a broader audience aswell. I think the casual customer would appeal to these more than the og's lows. But @ the same time, they put on colorways that jordan heads like to pull some of the jordan heads in aswell (blk/gold pat, bred, royals). Basically seems like what they do w/ the mids is what they're doing with these phats. They're not my cup of tea, but they don't bother me.

For what they are these really aren’t that bad honestly. I prefer when these have suede instead of leather because it’s makes them more in line with an SB which if y’all remember was initially how these were rolled out when they were announced early this year. We all know they’re just revamped phats but the suede versions are pretty well executed if intended as a skate shoe. They were even pictured along side Kostons etc as apart of the JB skateboard campaign. They’re supposed to be JBs version of a skate shoe. When I factor that in to consideration it makes certain cws not so bad and more than a typical “Phat” IMO. I’m sure some will disagree and that’s fine.

Everyone’s so judgmental sheesh, opinions definitely welcomed but the hate is excessive. Buy what you like, I for one like the simplicity and ease of rocking lows with shorts and sweats. Still have love for the high’s too. Just weird how much hate these lows are getting. Hate on.

Everyone’s so judgmental sheesh, opinions definitely welcomed but the hate is excessive. Buy what you like, I for one like the simplicity and ease of rocking lows with shorts and sweats. Still have love for the high’s too. Just weird how much hate these lows are getting. Hate on.

Sometimes HIs just don’t vibe with my short ***

i like the lows and for the price its not too bad and i am glad its not too hyped and easy enough to get, itll get a lot of wear

ajI 1.jpg

definite sleepers. I doubled up at discount on these. also got a pair of gold toes. lows are easy to wear and look good.

Entered the SNS raffle for the UNC lows. If I hit, cool, if not, cool. Pretty certain I’ll hit on SNKRS it f they let me hit on TS lows. If not, it’s on to satin’s.

Back
Top Bottom