Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Grey is lighter than the 2018 Highs. Leather is extremely soft, they definitely did good there but like others have said, the shape looks terrible when you put them against the 85s. If no 85s released, I don’t think it would be an issue. 😂

27192E88-F128-497B-AAE5-0EEE838643FD.jpeg
D967B616-9DEE-42B5-9A48-690C1EEF4664.jpeg
55BBCF24-E4E1-4B3D-A3AE-D9AF1214E003.jpeg
IMG_5110.jpeg

So you’re saying the gray panels are extremely soft?

Those are doo doo. They look like knockoffs Next to the 85 low. That back shot of both, the midsole is gross.

Nah we have not been buying this shape for 10 years lol. This is a shape that popped up in 2020 and once I saw it in hand I haven't touched another.

Extremely disappointing they've put Black toes and Shadows on this Jordan 1 low light.
Because people buy whatever trash JB and Nike put out, why should they try harder?

Look at 99% of the GR retro+ cws they put out nowadays-straight trash.

That’s how Nike makes shoes now 😂. Crazy how pre 85 mold no one would have noticed the horrible shape.
It’s how most companies make black leather sneakers. I was joking.

Still confused how pleather and better leather both now take on “shiny” when dudes talk about it. Shiny leather used to mean fake stuff that was hard as a rock. Like 2015 crap

Because it’s not that deep. No one outside of NT really cares about shape and eyelet count 😂😂. I don’t see why you guys care anyway, half of you are deadstock collectors
I mean people on NT are arguably the biggest fans of these products so obviously we're going to care more than casuals who don't know the difference between Jordan 1 Mids and OG HIghs lol

Except there’s a middle ground. That dude screams at clouds every time there’s another og low posted.

Most reasonable sneakerheads know there’s a difference with the 85’s and also know they’ve purchased and worn lows with crappy molds for 38 of 40 years the 1 low has existed.

And most definitely know the difference between a mid and a high 🤣

Nike rarely caters to the minority.
Ok so then why did we go from having almost exclusively Jumpman Branded Jordan 1 Highs from the early 2000s until the 2010s? Same with OG cws of retros that came with Jumpman branding on retros released not even 10 years ago to now us getting NA branding on them (i.e. 2014 Jumpman-branded Carmine 6s and Black IR 6s vs the most recent retros with NA). There are so many examples where improvements have been made like this in the past.

They clearly CAN make these improvements but I'm guessing it takes people within the company to care enough to make them.

Ok so then why did we go from having almost exclusively Jumpman Branded Jordan 1 Highs from the early 2000s until the 2010s? Same with OG cws of retros that came with Jumpman branding on retros released not even 10 years ago to now us getting NA branding on them (i.e. 2014 Jumpman-branded Carmine 6s and Black IR 6s vs the most recent retros with NA). There are so many examples where improvements have been made like this in the past.

They clearly CAN make these improvements but I'm guessing it takes people within the company to care enough to make them.
How else are they gonna get you to buy the same shoes over and over. And it’s not just Jordan’s getting retroed in the OG form. It’s Air Max, and it’s not even exclusive to Nike. Adidas has also been releasing shoes to 80s spec. The fixation with everything vintage has been a thing. First Air Jordan 4 to come with a remotely good shape was for skateboarding. I’m not saying NT doesn’t have influence, but if it was in the level of what you guys are thinking, we wouldn’t have anything but collabs and OG colorway retros.

How else are they gonna get you to buy the same shoes over and over. And it’s not just Jordan’s getting retroed in the OG form. It’s Air Max, and it’s not even exclusive to Nike. Adidas has also been releasing shoes to 80s spec. The fixation with everything vintage has been a thing. First Air Jordan 4 to come with a remotely good shape was for skateboarding
I don’t know why you even entertain his nonsense and complete amnesia for history. The Jumpman was on there - and is still on there for so many releases - for MJ’s ego. Your basketball god hates Nike Air and would rather everyone worship the Jumpman.

But what clearly happened was a demand beyond this forum (I know, it’s hard to believe we’re not the only ones who care) was determined to sell a LOT more shoes. And it works. Back in 2010 JB wasn’t doing a run of 550k of any shoe. I think they hit 500k for the XI the first time with the Concord in 2011. Today they can do huge numbers on almost anything close to an OG.

We’re currently in the highest quality retro period since 1999-2001. Which is why that guy screaming at the clouds is so ridiculous. Zero perspective, ignores history, only to be completely negative and obnoxious. Over some 1985 basketball shoes.

How else are they gonna get you to buy the same shoes over and over. And it’s not just Jordan’s getting retroed in the OG form. It’s Air Max, and it’s not even exclusive to Nike. Adidas has also been releasing shoes to 80s spec. The fixation with everything vintage has been a thing. First Air Jordan 4 to come with a remotely good shape was for skateboarding. I’m not saying NT doesn’t have influence, but if it was in the level of what you guys are thinking, we wouldn’t have anything but collabs and OG colorway retros.
So then why make the OG lows worse than the 2015s by taking away a lacehole and then making the toebox pointier?

They know casuals will buy it regardless.

That said, they have made improvements in the past by even releasing the 2015 OG low series in the first place since there were only Jumpman-branded retros beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom