Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

So then why make the OG lows worse than the 2015s by taking away a lacehole and then making the toebox pointier?

They know casuals will buy it regardless.

That said, they have made improvements in the past by even releasing the 2015 OG low series in the first place since there were only Jumpman-branded retros beforehand.
So they can sell you the 85 cut in a few years and you bought both to do a comparison 😂. I’m in way defending Nike because I want every OG colorway to be released in OG form period but from a business standpoint, they couldn’t care less because they will sell. Besides the color, the low shadow is practically the same as the high, toe shape and everything. And the Highs were fine a few years ago. Matter fact look at my banned. The shape would be considered horrendous if they released today after we’ve gotten 85s, but before we loved them.

20210818_142918.jpeg

But that is the issue, it isn't splitting hairs if it's a different shoe from 2015 to 2021. A total switcharoo in the dark; they pushed the actual model us buyers adored to overhyped trav releases, and spun out these keto swooshed, 7-holed monstrosities.
Damn, lowkey that’s a great nickname for the model lol

“Air Jordan 1 OG 7-holed Monstrosity Lows”

so they can sell you the 85 cut in a few years and you bought both to do a comparison 😂. I’m in way defending Nike because I want every OG colorway to be released in OG form period but from a business standpoint, they couldn’t care less because they will sell. Besides the color, the low shadow is practically the same as the high, toe shape and everything. And the Highs were fine a few years ago. Matter fact look at my banned. The shape would be considered horrendous of they released today after we’ve gotten 85s, but before we loved them.

20210818_142918.jpeg
I think you’re missing my point-they’re making improvements to the OG low and then taking them away from us. Like why remove a lacehole and then make the toebox pointy? They fixed that on the 2015s and then took away those fixes on them and made a worse swoosh for the current OG Lows… It makes 0 sense.

I think you’re missing my point-they’re making improvements to the OG low and then taking them away from us. Like why remove a lacehole and then make the toebox pointy? They fixed that on the 2015s and then took away those fixes on them and made a worse swoosh for the current OG Lows… It makes 0 sense.
Oh right. They being cheap. But it could be a factory thing. Crazy part is the collabs get details right, like the inner swoosh on all TS lows are huge and they get the right amount of eyelets. I say leave those important details to the OGs because that’s where the real fans are. People who buy collabs gonna buy them no matter what.

Oh right. They being cheap. But it could be a factory thing. Crazy part is the collabs get details right, like the inner swoosh on all TS lows are huge and they get the right amount of eyelets. I say leave those important details to the OGs because that’s where the real fans are. People who buy collabs gonna buy them no matter what.
Exactly.

Keeping those fixes on the Travis lows but then making the OG lows worse is insane lol

How is the sizing on those NG '85 Lows?

I am a sz 11.5 on OG Low's which are a bit snug but in no way uncomfortable, and I found a good local deal on an sz 12 NG '85 Lows. Would a 12 be too big for me in them?

How is the sizing on those NG '85 Lows?

I am a sz 11.5 on OG Low's which are a bit snug but in no way uncomfortable, and I found a good local deal on an sz 12 NG '85 Lows. Would a 12 be too big for me in them?
Probably not. I went with an 11 in them vs 10.5 on og lows. They’re a little longer but with the extra padding they fit nice and don’t slip.

Trophy Room raffle live to enter:

If anyone is passing on em and wants to help a brother out, I'm going for 8.5 for the toe.

How low will the metallic blue go? Size 9 is $100 on goat right now. Made the mistake of getting the NG from Millennium (no tax or shipping)thinking it was a good deal.

How low will the metallic blue go? Size 9 is $100 on goat right now. Made the mistake of getting the NG from Millennium (no tax or shipping)thinking it was a good deal.
I was told they’re restocking NG and BM 85’s quarterly the rest of the year, which explains why the rollout was soft and didn’t launch on SNKRS.

Do with that info what you will, but there’s no shortage of opportunities to get these. There’s gotta be a floor but if retailers are getting pushed with another run of them in 3 mos they may hit the discos faster (which may also explain stuff like the GBNY deals). Especially over the summer

Trophy Room raffle live to enter:

If anyone is passing on em and wants to help a brother out, I'm going for 8.5 for the toe.

Gladly will take a size 12.. i know these joints will be backdoored like crazy

Gladly will take a size 12.. i know these joints will be backdoored like crazy
I’m interested to see how many people get pairs. On the FSR finale he made it sound like there would be plenty of stock for this pair, but not the store exclusive dropping later. Reading between the lines it sounded like he was saying these aren’t getting backdoored but the other pair there’s no chance of getting

I’m interested to see how many people get pairs. On the FSR finale he made it sound like there would be plenty of stock for this pair, but not the store exclusive dropping later. Reading between the lines it sounded like he was saying these aren’t getting backdoored but the other pair there’s no chance of getting

Yeah I don't get my hopes up at all when Marcus Jordan is involved with the project, but I also heard there was gonna be "more stock" for this raffle aka an actual legit raffle.

Jordan Brand probably trying to save face from the last collab by having a semi legit release this time. But still making sure to give Marcus his 'Home' pair solely for backdooring purposes though lol.

Finally got the Metallic navy in. Fits different than the previous 85 low for me. Seems they have less interior padding. Outsole is slightly longer in the same size. Material is on point though. Not sure if I got a fugazi from X.
Yeah someone tried to tell me that wasn’t the case but there’s definitely less ankle padding on BMs

Back
Top Bottom