Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by grownmendonthate

Nike couldve released 1-14 without jordan ever playing baketball in his life and they would still be one of the most popular basketball and casual worn shoe ever.Air Jordans are suppose to look better than any shoe thats out and JB and Tinker in some way have forgotten that.

This could be the dumbest thing I have read on NT in my 11 years of being on here. The influence on MJ led to the creation of each shoe. Is the Air Revolution as popular as the Jordan 3? Air Flight 89 as popular as the Jordan 4? Air Raid as the 8? Ndestruct as the 11? No. 
No offense, but what? MJ made Nike basketball. Period. 

I don't care.  I am a jordan collector and the fact is that im going to buy these.  Maybe not right away....I might wait until they go on sale as most do...but there is nothing like the 1 brand new Jordan each year.  Retro's are great and i love grabbin them too.  But the morning of the new Jordan is always a good day to get up and get to the store to cop!

Wow that one post proves what JB is attracting to this thing we love, that is people who don't know much about the shoes.
Every air jordan but 1 and 2 has something personal to do with Michael Jordan because 3 is where tinker came in and got personal with jordan to make the proper shoe for him, well from what i understand, sooo the fact is these shoes would NOT exists with out Jordan.
Can anyone imagine any jordan shoes after 1 with a big shoosh on the side? where would they put a swooth on 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23??? imagine a big shoosh on 11,12,13 lol no

I'm surprised we haven't seen a single pic yet, especially since it's not like the 2010's are flying off shelves. Usually they wait if they're dropping a last colorway or two of the previous Jordan before pics start to surface but it's almost December and still nothing. I'm just saying.... either way, I have a feeling these won't be anything spectacular. Last non-retro Jordan's I bought were the red suede XXI's. I haven't been too impressed with anything since.

^

As bad as this sounds I think it's due to them dropping the linear numbering. I'm glad they finished it on 23, but you know that if they kept going with 24,25 and so on instead of this 2Kcrap more people would be into these. Just my .02

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I'm surprised we haven't seen a single pic yet, especially since it's not like the 2010's are flying off shelves. Usually they wait if they're dropping a last colorway or two of the previous Jordan before pics start to surface but it's almost December and still nothing. I'm just saying.... either way, I have a feeling these won't be anything spectacular. Last non-retro Jordan's I bought were the red suede XXI's. I haven't been too impressed with anything since.

Does the all silver QS of the 2010 that dropped this month fit that description..?

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^

As bad as this sounds I think it's due to them dropping the linear numbering. I'm glad they finished it on 23, but you know that if they kept going with 24,25 and so on instead of this 2Kcrap more people would be into these. Just my .02

Incorrect 100%

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^

Incorrect 100%
Well for me at least it did. It kind of killed any connection any of the shoes actually had to the man for me. If it's a 24 or 25 it still feels like a flagship shoe to me.

They need to market the shoe better. Yeah, we got a cool commercial with Wade but that's it. The looks definitely hurt. IF the envelope wasn't pushed as hard on design and kept it simple along with a good marketing campaign with Jordan/Wade they would definitely do better.

Honestly I could care less about how they sell though. As far as performance goes they are top notch. (well 2010 over 2009 all day) As long as we keep getting the signature shoe i'll still be buying.

Yeah I agree. I think they do themselves a disservice releasing the shoes so late in the season. In OCT most guys are starting to play ball again. Weather gets cold or a lot or people are in season. By FEb you've already had Lebron's Kobe's and other shoe lines come out.

I have to agree with you on the marketing. You signed D Wade and spent some $$$ on that stupid commercial that had no shoe in it? I was waiting the whole time for the little sneak peek of some new shoe and we got nothing. I think JB as a whole suffers from a clear plan for their marketing, design and so on.

I too also love the shoes as long as they perform. I thought the 2009's had potential, but had two fatal flaws to me. Still hunting for 2010's in my size, I have 3 outlets by me all out of 13's.

MJ's birthday is February 17, and this is the month that early filers start receiving income tax checks.
From a business standpoint, you won't see the release date changing anytime soon.

knowone should post in this thread no more if they dont have pics ...................................ive spoken

Originally Posted by thedude1

knowone should post in this thread no more if they dont have pics ...................................ive spoken

Learn to spell. And use proper grammar............. I've spoken.

hot damn those are hot, but yeah wrong thread.

jb deserve a cookie for their acomplishing ZERO leakage into december. this is unprecedented. as frustrating it is for us, kudos to them.

^

Didn't realize it was the 2011 thread.

Either way, this thread needed pictures.

Back
Top Bottom