Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

air-jordan-2011-sneakers-0.jpg

high snobiety

hmmmmm.
edit-

more pics from osneaker.com

[h2]Product Description[/h2]
Air Jordan enjoys marking the new year with a new silhouette that is meant to carry on the legacy of Michael Jordan. The latest introduction is a pair of Air Jordan 2011’s, the aesthetic of this pair is very similar to the pairs designed during the heyday of Jordan brand. It is simplistic, with interesting functional features such as an interchangeable sole which has a torsion plate attached to the shoe. The interchangeable soles feature the AIR technology which improves traction and landing on your feet. This simple model features neat cuts and design ideas which will help it stand out.

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-01.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-02.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-03.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-04.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-05.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-06.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-07.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-08.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-09.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-010.jpg

air-jordan-2011-basketball-shoe-011.jpg

Hmm, that interchangable sole looks really interesting but from a design standpoint its seems like a really plain, generic design thats missing something- it doesn't have that air jordan feel where you look at the shoe and it looks special. This looks like regular shoe that any brand could produce

i like the overall shape of the shoe(i liked the 2010 as well), but once again the colorways is what's going to make or break this shoe. i'm sure it'll be fine especially with dwyane wade carrying the sig now.

The silhouette of the shoe is nice. The interchangeable soles are kinda cool. But that big black chunk of nothingness really needs to go. I'm hoping other colorways have Patent leather going around, or something else. The way that shoe is now looks like an unfinished prototype.

The rear looks real good though. Hope to see more pics soon.

for first-look photos, the cw itself is just underwhelming. need to see better pics and a different cw.

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Hmm, that interchangable sole looks really interesting but from a design standpoint its seems like a really plain, generic design thats missing something- it doesn't have that air jordan feel where you look at the shoe and it looks special. This looks like regular shoe that any brand could produce

This^
But lets see other colorways.Hopefully this changes alittle bit. its no a bad design its just kinda too plain........

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

But somewhere down the line, I'm going to cop just for the hell of it.

I'm diggin these. They're mighty simplistic with the one piece of leather that's both luxurious and breathable. Some minor tweaking in the midsole and outsoles to add some character and these will be winners!

Originally Posted by blee23

Ugly version of the concords.

Exactly what I was thinking. They look like a team shoe version of the XI's. I'm sure they perform well but they are definitely not different by any means. At least the 2010 pushed the boundaries and stood out. These fit right in line with the garbage that gets put out everyday by JB.

I like the shape, but the colorways with make or break for me. I think a white/grey or silver color would look nice, or black/red or dark blue.

I swear, some of you guys just can't be pleased! The 2K9 comes out and you say they're too plain! The 2K10 comes out and you say they're too outrageous! What do you guys want?!!! Seriously, I can work with the overall design! I love the icy soles and the Jumpman in the back! Instant cop for me!!

Originally Posted by tlwbballa23

I swear, some of you guys just can't be pleased! The 2K9 comes out and you say they're too plain! The 2K10 comes out and you say they're too outrageous! What do you guys want?!!! Seriously, I can work with the overall design! I love the icy soles and the Jumpman in the back! Instant cop for me!!

Who said the 2K9 was too plain?

Anyway, these look ok. The problem is what people are talking about is they don't look worth their price tag, $200? Who is going to buy them for $200?

Besides that, they look like the crap they've been doing by basing team Jordan's on older popular models. Like this one is with the XI. Looks like they put little effort in to this design.

Undeniable Concord XI vibe coming from these pictures. I want to love them, but after so many team shoes and fusions out that have bit off so many signature Jordans the design seems to get lost in the mix.

Being a realist on this one, I think this is the worst jordan out of all in the signature line. These shoes just dont fit the attitude and swagger MJ had on the court being the most elite player in the league, these look like shoe everyone was given on the high school basketball team.

Back
Top Bottom