Official Air Jordan 2012 Thread: JB Classic pack drops 4/11/12:: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Grats to everyone that was able to get their pair.

Originally Posted by edunpeal

eastbay is such a joke
grin.gif
 it says sold out all the sizes in 10 seconds or less
eyes.gif
These shoes were extremely limited.

Originally Posted by elrodo33

What just happened? I know you can't get through checkout with eastbay but I couldn't even add my size right when the timer ran out.
How did the sites sell out in seconds, it usually takes a few minutes even with limited shoes? Not a good weekend for shoes, got screwed
with the all star shoes and now this. Why even make a shoe if it is that limited? I guess I should just start saving my money since this
is how it is now.
We do have a new feature on our website that does not allow anymore shoes to be added to the cart if the number of shoes already in the shopping cart/checkout are at the max that we have available at the time of the launch.  People still have to wait to checkout, but once the maximum number of shoes have been added to the shopping cart, no one else can add them.  This keeps people from waiting 1+ hours while checking out just to be told they are sold out later.  For example, lets say we have 10 pairs (not real numbers) of size 9 shoes and there are 140 people that want to order them.  Once the shoe releases, only the first 10 people that add the shoes to the cart will be able to keep going, the other 130 people will be told that the shoes are sold out.  Online orders and phone orders are taken from the same inventory, so people calling in are also taking from our inventory.  Adding a shoe to your shopping cart does not guarantee you will get them.

Originally Posted by AIRCARTMAN

I did call and was told they sold out in 2 mins. I said I clicked the shoe in 2 seconds, how did it sell out? She said, "What do you expect when 100s of thousands of people are clicking at the same time?" Thanks, Eastbay.
Other customers added the shoes to the shopping cart before you did.  These shoes were extremely limited.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by Vitoman

Originally Posted by JosephMartin

http://corporategotem.com/ Size 8-10 in the Year of the Dragon. (513) 771-0432 Cool guys over there.

Thanks man! I just called them and got a pair, just had to get an 11 and I really need a 11.5 but I hope I can squeeze into em. I appreciate the heads up post. I struck out online last lnight everywhere and no one even close to me got em!
missed my ACTUAL sz11 again......
eyes.gif

just got back from florida mall where all the allstar nonsense is going on. i got there around 9am thinking i was in line for the 2012. turns out i was in line for the concord XI without knowing it. after buying the concord XI, i then went to the flight lab, but i didn't like any of the exclusive colors for the high cut bootie, so i went to house of hoops and bought the 2012 E with the red bootie. the end.

cant wait to get mine in .....size 11

by copping these

i have all of the jordan 2k series limiteds

(limited 2009 s23 flight club's, limited 2010 all white's that only released at hoh chicago , last years limited 2011 year of the rabbit's and
this years limited 2012 year of the dragons )

ill post pics of all when they come in.......................................................peace23

i wish you could get the 2012 E w/ a hightop black sockliner, but out of the choice of blue and red i chose red. at the flight lab they had some hightop black sockliners on display, but they wouldn't let me buy one. red will have to do for now. hard to be angry when i lucked into today's concord release. can't wait to play ball in the 2012. curious to see how my ankle braces feel with them.

I must say just like everybody else here, I'm really surprised how well this turned out... 
In my opinion they're nice especially how refined those midsoles look compared to last year, plus those booties aren't hard to pull out and put back in... 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Nothing on the all star pairs?

fjexle.jpg

I need to see these with different color inner booty and laces. These are the only 2012s that caught my eye.

the only pair iam willing to pay retail for was the YOTD
tired.gif
 now i'll wait till these goes on clearance
grin.gif

Originally Posted by hockeyboy20

How do these fit? I am thinking of getting a pair off NikeID and I haven't been able to try a pair on. Thanks in advance.

As with everyone here it's probably personal preference, BUT in every Jordan I own with the exception of the 2010 CW's I have, everything is a size 8. Same with my past LeBron's as well. I went UP a .5 size to the 8.5 in the 2012 Dragon and it fits perfectly. Same with the LeBron 9's. Those are all up a half size as well. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Grats to everyone that was able to get their pair.

Originally Posted by edunpeal

eastbay is such a joke
grin.gif
 it says sold out all the sizes in 10 seconds or less
eyes.gif
These shoes were extremely limited.

Originally Posted by elrodo33

What just happened? I know you can't get through checkout with eastbay but I couldn't even add my size right when the timer ran out.
How did the sites sell out in seconds, it usually takes a few minutes even with limited shoes? Not a good weekend for shoes, got screwed
with the all star shoes and now this. Why even make a shoe if it is that limited? I guess I should just start saving my money since this
is how it is now.
We do have a new feature on our website that does not allow anymore shoes to be added to the cart if the number of shoes already in the shopping cart/checkout are at the max that we have available at the time of the launch.  People still have to wait to checkout, but once the maximum number of shoes have been added to the shopping cart, no one else can add them.  This keeps people from waiting 1+ hours while checking out just to be told they are sold out later.  For example, lets say we have 10 pairs (not real numbers) of size 9 shoes and there are 140 people that want to order them.  Once the shoe releases, only the first 10 people that add the shoes to the cart will be able to keep going, the other 130 people will be told that the shoes are sold out.  Online orders and phone orders are taken from the same inventory, so people calling in are also taking from our inventory.  Adding a shoe to your shopping cart does not guarantee you will get them.

Eastbay......another suggestion.....SPLIT UP the inventory among you guys, Footlocker, Footaction and Champs.....i know all of these are using the same inventory location and most likely server......SPLIT THEM UP.......

Originally Posted by Dc30

Originally Posted by hockeyboy20

How do these fit? I am thinking of getting a pair off NikeID and I haven't been able to try a pair on. Thanks in advance.

As with everyone here it's probably personal preference, BUT in every Jordan I own with the exception of the 2010 CW's I have, everything is a size 8. Same with my past LeBron's as well. I went UP a .5 size to the 8.5 in the 2012 Dragon and it fits perfectly. Same with the LeBron 9's. Those are all up a half size as well. Hope this helps.

This is correct. As a point of reference, 2011's were DEFINITELY roomier. If width is even halfway of a concern, go up .5 or a whole size!

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Nothing on the all star pairs?

fjexle.jpg

I need to see these with different color inner booty and laces. These are the only 2012s that caught my eye.

I was just thinking the same thing.  The red inner with the grey laces may have potential.  

Insoles go in the booty.... I got the wolf grey's on deadstock shoes for $160 and love them... The jumpman could be a little smaller but the quality of shoes are great, can't wait to play in them- now if they can make me play better.........not counting on it....my first pair of J's were in 87 so, father time ain't on my side!

ive decided that while I like the 2012,  2011 > 2012.  the thing that the 2012 really has going for it are the dope colorways right off the bat.  The 2011 had some boring +@$ colorways at launch (white/black, white/red) and only a handful of good colorways afterwards.  I think I could put these three up against ANY 2012 and come out and be victorious.

Imagine the 2011 in the same makeup as the wolf grey, volt 2012s.  Those would be FIRE.

2elywkx.jpg

Today was my first chance to play in the 2012. For reference, I am 6' 3", 330 pounds and played outdoors with the hi cut sockliner and full length air max insole. The Lebron 9 and Air Max Hyperdunk 2011 are the shoes I'd been wearing this season.

Right off the bat, I immediately preferred the feel of the high quality leather compared to the materials of the shoes I had been wearing. I had a similar reaction last year when I first got the Jordan 2011 after playing in the Lebron 8 V2 and Air Max Hyperdunk 2010.

I was skeptical of the ankle support as the sockliner seems so flimsy, but it was better than I expected. Not as good as the Lebron 9, but better than the Jordan 2011. I play with braces on both ankles and the strap on the 2012 worked well in addition to the braces.

Cushioning was good as well, similar to to the 2011 (I always played with the air max insert for the 2011), but seemed a little sturdier.

Where the shoes really shined was the traction. I play primarily outdoors (usually 4 days a week outdoors and only once or twice a week indoors), and the courts can get a bit sandy. Today it was even a bit wet in spots. The traction on the 2012 was great.

I know $180 is a bit steep, but it's only $10 more than the Lebron 9s and only $20 more than the Bosh Max Hyperdunks, so the price didn't bother me that much. I definitely feel like it's a shoe that will last longer than the Lebrons. The material on the Lebrons is so flimsy that I ripped through the laceholes pretty quickly on a few pairs.

Back
Top Bottom