Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

all the complaints with just walking...imagine if you actually played ball with them?  Heaven forbids that you actually use basketball shoes for basketball.  I say, enjoy them and play them to death.  I'm on my 3rd XI's which are the bred and i'll play them to death including these 88's and true blues, they're on rotation for the court. 
happy.gif

what made it 'official?' and how long have you been waiting to say that?
. I. Posted on the 4th or 5th page of this thread saying let me know if you like them after they crack on you I had a little faith that theses would be better but its official like I said these are garbage in terms of quality. I say everybody who has a pair cracking on them if you can do without them send them back to nike and ask for a refund . Somebody in corporate will take notice. Do this for all your jordans.

^Do you know the difference between midsole creasing, paint chipping & cracking? (and perhaps why, if any design changes that have been made)
Am curious.

Last edited:
no they would crease, chip then crack
cracking is the step right before they fall apart into pieces
can you show me some examples of aj3 retros produced since 2007 that have cracked & fallen apart?
examples that weren't subjected to extremely bad conditions like a flooded cellar

Last edited:
matter of fact, it's a leading question that i know the answer to - so nevermind

if you dislike nike & these shoes, come correct with the bashing info

Hey guys, don't mean to be a buzzkill with my recent posts. I've been around NT for a while and you can see my post history I rarely ever complain about anything. It's just that these are one of, it not, my favorite J and I'm left heartbroken with the crap quality that JB is putting out, coupled with a $200 price tag.

Let my pic just be an FYI for all those that want to consider selling a kidney to cop a pair. I'll update with more pics after more wears.

What are you, 10? The use of the term "tennis shoes" was to make a generalization in my argument that these are nothing but tennis shoes made to be worn. But then again, you probably stopped reading after the first sentence in this post too, right? :smh:
Yes I'm 10.
Oh and look, you were able to make that point without writing a novel. Thanks for the recap!

Last edited:
all the complaints with just walking...imagine if you actually played ball with them?  Heaven forbids that you actually use basketball shoes for basketball.  I say, enjoy them and play them to death.  I'm on my 3rd XI's which are the bred and i'll play them to death including these 88's and true blues, they're on rotation for the court. 
happy.gif
Anyone see any NBA players wearing these?

happy.gif
Anyone see any NBA players wearing these?
Yes,I posted pics a while back.

shoes crease, paint crack. not every single one does it the same way or time.

you guys cry over the dumbest stuff
Yeah kinda. I can see the ones that crack on the first day being upset but flexing rubber with paint on it is bound to crease or crack sooner or later.

Hey guys, don't mean to be a buzzkill with my recent posts. I've been around NT for a while and you can see my post history I rarely ever complain about anything. It's just that these are one of, it not, my favorite J and I'm left heartbroken with the crap quality that JB is putting out, coupled with a $200 price tag.

Let my pic just be an FYI for all those that want to consider selling a kidney to cop a pair. I'll update with more pics after more wears.

no worries, pics are always welcome

just fyi - my 03 white cements & 01 true blues developed paint chipping on the black/blue part & some of the white paint wore off and/or was absorbed by the polyurethane leaving the white part yellow & exposed to the elements...

View media item 362304

it's unfortunate when any shoe has problems
but the open v closed cell pu & midsole debate could be it's own thread
& i think the paint has been chipping less on my recent pairs compared to 05-10 pairs

shoes crease, paint crack. not every single one does it the same way or time.

you guys cry over the dumbest stuff

when it is extreme, people tend to talk about these things

things happen, id expect crying if they were $500 retail shoes which id expect it not to happen and if it did they would be returned.

you dont see people buying 100% REAL italian leather shoes and high end shoes complaining. High price usually means high quality most of the time.

Jordans are NOT high quality and use cheap materials, if you dont know that by now then i dont know what to tell you. Either deal with it or stop buying them. I still buy them because im an idiot but ive come to my senses and ill be done soon enough.

things happen, id expect crying if they were $500 retail shoes which id expect it not to happen and if it did they would be returned.

you dont see people buying 100% REAL italian leather shoes and high end shoes complaining. High price usually means high quality most of the time.

Jordans are NOT high quality and use cheap materials, if you dont know that by now then i dont know what to tell you. Either deal with it or stop buying them. I still buy them because im an idiot but ive come to my senses and ill be done soon enough.
so youre a sheep?

so youre a sheep?

how am i a sheep? i like Jordans but even i can admit quality wise they are trash and you shouldnt be expecting anything mind blowing for $160 :lol:

my brother buys high end shoes, some companies i dont even know and they are $500-700 and its not even close. Hes got shoes hes abused and worn 100+ times and they hold up damn good and with a wipe of a cloth they look almost brand new.

tennis shoes is an old term that obviously must have survived in some areas
i haven't heard a younger person use it for a while until now, or never paid attention at least

Back
Top Bottom