Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Woodfield Mall, Spring Break (March 2001) I encountered if not a FSR a LOT in sizes 10-12. I got a pair of 11 and 11.5 (always went a half size up for what I played in), as well as a Carolina warmup jacket (short sleeves). Only a bunch of idiots would argue about this kind of thing though, especially in this thread. In 2001 it was a different story. At no time in the past few years could you find even one pair of an XI sitting in a Champs after release. That was the point. Demand wasn't even close to the same ballpark for a huge release back then compared to a lesser one today. Get a clue. Demand drives the price. There's no denying it,

Nostalgia? Most people on here weren't even born in 88. In fact I bet very few of the people coppin had an OG pair. It's all HYPE.

Nostalgia my ***.

I was born in 84 and no way do i even remember these. The first pair of Jordans i ever owned and remember were the 12s Blk/Red.

And again, I wonder, What is so special about NIKE AIR being on the heel tab of a Jordan product!
thats how they was when they dropped, its no different then copping a throwback mitchell and ness jersey..its basically a obsolete product

that appeals to people from that era..da problem with sneakers is da kids in this generation been riding da coat tails of sneaker and style from da 90's

forever, so i understand why alof of ya scratching ya heads over "nike air" logo...something that pretty much mundane with any other nike in da sneaker catalog.

da idiots here who cop for style are da first ones who didn't care when they changed da tab to a JUMPMAN and yet they're da ones that wanna complain about OGs

cheering for joy for something we been PLEADING for since 2001 when they violated da tru blue III's? yea. alot of ya youngsters need to stay on da sidelines

and be happy with all that other crap JB peddles to ya...a cat like me ready to spend my 200 or w/e to get much more accurate retros.

i was da one who said "YO i wouldn't mind paying as much as 300 dollars for a 1000000000000% accurate replica of a jordan retro as long as its 100% cow's hide

dyed midsoles, REAL SCOTCH LITE 3M, 1000000% accurate durabuck. (it doesn't have to have da old polyurethane midsoles cuz those were inferior to what we have now though)

so ya crying about "boo nike air doesn't matter" sir your *** down and let da OGs get their bone.

Nostalgia? Most people on here weren't even born in 88. In fact I bet very few of the people coppin had an OG pair. It's all HYPE.

Nostalgia my ***.

born in 82.

the 1 thing I do remember about the OG is hella people got robbed for these and the IVs

I'll leave these Nike Air WC IIIs for you old heads that were born in the 60s or 70s and acually rocked the OGs. These are for you guys. WC 3s are nice but I don't have too much emotional attachment to them to buy another pair of WC IIIs even with Nike Air on the tab. I was born in 84 and my first Jordans were the OG Concord XIs which is why I wanted pair of those so bad last year. I can see why these are big deal for some of you.

Last edited:

NOT my video...Damn they look exactly like the 2011's quality wise....

thats how they was when they dropped, its no different then copping a throwback mitchell and ness jersey..its basically a obsolete product

that appeals to people from that era..da problem with sneakers is da kids in this generation been riding da coat tails of sneaker and style from da 90's

forever, so i understand why alof of ya scratching ya heads over "nike air" logo...something that pretty much mundane with any other nike in da sneaker catalog.

da idiots here who cop for style are da first ones who didn't care when they changed da tab to a JUMPMAN and yet they're da ones that wanna complain about OGs

cheering for joy for something we been PLEADING for since 2001 when they violated da tru blue III's? yea. alot of ya youngsters need to stay on da sidelines

and be happy with all that other crap JB peddles to ya...a cat like me ready to spend my 200 or w/e to get much more accurate retros.

i was da one who said "YO i wouldn't mind paying as much as 300 dollars for a 1000000000000% accurate replica of a jordan retro as long as its 100% cow's hide

dyed midsoles, REAL SCOTCH LITE 3M, 1000000% accurate durabuck. (it doesn't have to have da old polyurethane midsoles cuz those were inferior to what we have now though)

so ya crying about "boo nike air doesn't matter" sir your *** down and let da OGs get their bone.
LOL, I had OG's as a child and it's really not that big of a deal. I'm far from a child. And like i said their are alot of other apsects to these shoes that have changed for the best. And just think about the mere fact that we are even given the oppurtunity to re-own these is great, yet and still fools on here crying about every detail. You want a 100000000000% replica for 300.00 when can buy an OG and have it restored, sounds fishy. OG's means just that, what you want is some type of ID option. You actually sound like one of the new generation cats! So if Jordan Brand release 1 with the NIKE AIR heel tab, then another with real leather, then another with the correct profile and another with the original insoles, would you buy all of the? Sounds  a little HYPY for an so called OLD-HEAD. 

Last edited:
What's it matter when you were born or if you had the OGs? We've been asking for JB to bring back the Nike Air on every shoe it's taken it from, IIIs or otherwise, since they started doing it. It's funny that when they finally do it people start complaining about it :lol:. You NTers are never satisfied.

Last edited:
I agree with that! Thats why i buy retros Love that feelin we had when we were young and these were not in demand like they are know.

What's it matter when you were born or if you had the OGs? We've been asking for JB to bring back the Nike Air on every shoe it's taken it from, IIIs or otherwise, since they started doing it. It's funny that when they finally do it people start complaining about it
laugh.gif
. You NTers are never satisfied.
I just remember before the hype that a large portion of the Jordan community wanted more Jumpman on everything. Then the hype stated and it became more official to seem OG. Bash the shoes, the brand, only to cop on release day, probably 2 pairs, SMH

All this!!

you just spoke my mind for me, but never posted cause everytime I think of what NT has become and all the little HS and junior high kids in here....I dont feel like wasting my time trying to explain to them

The $200.00 made me chuckle but since I missed these in their last retro w.e it isn't like CL, Ebay or our own classified listings have them any cheaper than that so I may just end up copping and hope the increase turns away a few ppl making it easier but I honestly doubt it.  

I want these so bad. I will have these I got 2 pair secured. 1 for me 1 for wife. I'll let everybody else eat wife told me to calm it down 2013.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dudes justifying price increases due to "INFLATION" over 2 yrs... it costs an additional $40 to produce the shoes now
laugh.gif

OoOoOo the Nike Air makes them well worth the extra $40... Now I need to rock my jeans tucked in my heel so everyone can see I have the 88 Retros

I'm not really mad at the Nike Air... as stated before, I could care less... I actually like the Jumpman instead of Nike Air as I have NO HISTORY WITH NIKE AIR. My 1st Jordan was the 96 Black/Red XI.
Well actually you do have experience with the NA then. Those came in a Nike box, with a Nike Air on the insole. Those were still under the Nike brand at the time. That's the thing: Nike Air is a red herring. What real sneaker enthusiasts who have been around what is the Nike attention to quality. When they put Jordan on their own it came down to making as much money as possible at the expense of innovation and quality in most cases. The original XIVs had terrible quality. Awful shoes. I had them separate on me in my 4th or 5th game wearing them and I was so angry. My teammates laughed at me cause at 14 most of them didn't wear Jordans, and to see such a POS Jordan was pretty comical.
Woodfield Mall, Spring Break (March 2001) I encountered if not a FSR a LOT in sizes 10-12. I got a pair of 11 and 11.5 (always went a half size up for what I played in), as well as a Carolina warmup jacket (short sleeves). Only a bunch of idiots would argue about this kind of thing though, especially in this thread. In 2001 it was a different story. At no time in the past few years could you find even one pair of an XI sitting in a Champs after release. That was the point. Demand wasn't even close to the same ballpark for a huge release back then compared to a lesser one today. Get a clue. Demand drives the price. There's no denying it,
I always say u got 2 ears an 1 mouth an thats to listen more than u speak.....NEVER claimed to be the smartest man in the world!(Excuse my grammer who cares u get my point) But u say u had the O.G. 14's at the age of 14....Ok!  Then what would be seemingly 2 years later at age 16 you say you got not 1 but 2 pairs of a HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER Air Jordan 11 (Colombia) (to my knowledge BECAUSE I got them cause I missed out on the Colombia's) a WEEK or so AFTER THE COOL GREY 11'S DROPPED(Guess those had a FSR also)!!!! Now I dont know noooooooo 16- 17 year olds besides DOOGIE HOWSER M.D who has the wherewithal to buy 2 pairs of THE SAME Jordan 11 CW and a warm up jacket AND know what a FSR is in 2001(I started copping doubles in 2003 after working at a major chain shoe store and a warehouse job at night an I dayyum sure wasnt 16-17!!!) Now im not saying you lying but the FACTS say that seems VERY UNTRUE!!!! You mite be the SMARTEST guy in NikeTalk an we are all dumb for either wanting the $200 shoe or trying to justify the price increase or dont care about the price increase (I DO) But who are u to tell everyone else they are dumb and cant see what Jordan Brand is doing who cares people gone do what they want to do! You came back in here an posted a PARAGRAPH about how smart u are about simple economic theories an we are not. But you can be very smart an credible til u slip up an say a few QUESTIONABLE things an end up looking like this man...............

Everybody wanna be OG but never put in the OG Time!!!!!

P.S....... EYENOE you like to argue an debate but let me say you already won! U smarter and WAYYYYY more O.G than I ever will be
roll.gif

These aren't even a accurate representation of the original 3s. I was considering buying these if they were done right like the 01 Black cements but I will be passing on these. :smh: at myself for trying to justify the $40 price hike. Nike Air on heel but Jordan on sole? What a slap in the face. Watch JB release the same shoe couple years down the road with Nike on the sole and a jumpman on the back. Have dudes doing sole swaps and !@#

All this!!

you just spoke my mind for me, but never posted cause everytime I think of what NT has become and all the little HS and junior high kids in here....I dont feel like wasting my time trying to explain to them
HUH! I guess If you were born in the late 70's or early 80's you're out numbered by the younger generation. I guess I'm just old old school born in 79'

I always say u got 2 ears an 1 mouth an thats to listen more than u speak.....NEVER claimed to be the smartest man in the world!(Excuse my grammer who cares u get my point) But u say u had the O.G. 14's at the age of 14....Ok!  Then what would be seemingly 2 years later at age 16 you say you got not 1 but 2 pairs of a HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER Air Jordan 11 (Colombia) (to my knowledge BECAUSE I got them cause I missed out on the Colombia's) a WEEK or so AFTER THE COOL GREY 11'S DROPPED(Guess those had a FSR also)!!!! Now I dont know noooooooo 16- 17 year olds besides DOOGIE HOWSER M.D who has the wherewithal to buy 2 pairs of THE SAME Jordan 11 CW and a warm up jacket AND know what a FSR is in 2001(I started copping doubles in 2003 after working at a major chain shoe store and a warehouse job at night an I dayyum sure wasnt 16-17!!!) Now im not saying you lying but the FACTS say that seems VERY UNTRUE!!!! You mite be the SMARTEST guy in NikeTalk an we are all dumb for either wanting the $200 shoe or trying to justify the price increase or dont care about the price increase (I DO) But who are u to tell everyone else they are dumb and cant see what Jordan Brand is doing who cares people gone do what they want to do! You came back in here an posted a PARAGRAPH about how smart u are about simple economic theories an we are not. But you can be very smart an credible til u slip up an say a few QUESTIONABLE things an end up looking like this man...............
View media item 215688

Everybody wanna be OG but never put in the OG Time!!!!!
P.S....... EYENOE you like to argue an debate but let me say you already won! U smarter and WAYYYYY more O.G than I ever will be :rofl:

What's CORNBALL is going this far off topic and this ******ed tangent about 2001 Columbias when the point I made was pretty simple economics. I was making a grand a month or more between 14-17 from advertising on a gaming site IGN.com picked up back in 1998. I also played basketball until 17, was from the Chicago area, and have had at least one pair of Jordans every season since 1992.

Get back to the topic rather than trying to make me out to be some kind of liar. Retros in 2001 weren't some huge statement in fashion or pop culture. They retailed for much less because they were having a hard enough time moving decent numbers at those prices as-is. Lots of retros were hitting clearance racks. I picked up a pair of 2000 Metallic 5's that I used for a summer league months after they came out and paid a whopping $70 from Eastbay. Let me know when that happens again. Oh, you wonder why it's not happening? Because they can charge $160 for the same shoe now and sell out a way bigger run on release day. Market value suggests a higher retail price on these given the demand, and the market is there for Nike to deem it a solid business move on their part. I just don't understand why everyone is so butthurt when we've all contributed to it becoming what it is today! Get a grip people. Like anything, you can buy it or not buy it, but the outrage over a $200 price tag when most of Nike's premier sneakers retail around that or more today in 2013 is baffling to me. You have people who have supposedly been done with JB for 6 years in here going off on how horrible this is. Move along if it's been that long and you're still sore over it!

What's CORNBALL is going this far off topic and this ******ed tangent about 2001 Columbias when the point I made was pretty simple economics. I was making a grand a month or more between 14-17 from advertising on a gaming site IGN.com picked up back in 1998. I also played basketball until 17, was from the Chicago area, and have had at least one pair of Jordans every season since 1992.

Get back to the topic rather than trying to make me out to be some kind of liar. Retros in 2001 weren't some huge statement in fashion or pop culture. They retailed for much less because they were having a hard enough time moving decent numbers at those prices as-is. Lots of retros were hitting clearance racks. I picked up a pair of 2000 Metallic 5's that I used for a summer league months after they came out and paid a whopping $70 from Eastbay. Let me know when that happens again. Oh, you wonder why it's not happening? Because they can charge $160 for the same shoe now and sell out a way bigger run on release day. Market value suggests a higher retail price on these given the demand, and the market is there for Nike to deem it a solid business move on their part. I just don't understand why everyone is so butthurt when we've all contributed to it becoming what it is today! Get a grip people. Like anything, you can buy it or not buy it, but the outrage over a $200 price tag when most of Nike's premier sneakers retail around that or more today in 2013 is baffling to me. You have people who have supposedly been done with JB for 6 years in here going off on how horrible this is. Move along if it's been that long and you're still sore over it!
I agree. I was pissed when I first heard of the $40.00 increase.    I'm not gonna cop but since they did raise the price hopefully they step the quality up for this release for everyone who is.    

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom