Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Are there even releases near the 225000, I can't even imagine nike/jordan would make that many pairs, I always thought around 50000 is a general release
Not really sure, I'm just throwing out numbers that were thrown out in this thread that people seem to know from their "connects"

JB is stupid if they only produced 26K pairs. think about the Resell value. think about how much money they would have made if they produced 500K pair. these will not sit around. makes no sense at all. well a lot of things JB do dont make sense period!

more like JB is giving away money to the RESELLERS!

Kicksole is equivalent to AIR RANDY, SDS, MARQUEESOLE

Venuto use to promote AIR RANDY and other Early release sites. Now he is promoting KICK SOLE. He is idiot. Wouldnt go anywhere near what comes out his mouth

hes promoting because he gets shoes for free in return :lol:
you speaking from experience with sds?

why you follow me and talk about SDS all the time brah? get a life and kick rocks :lol: damn

They made 500,000 of the playoff 11s. From what I understand most general releases are 100,000+ but I could be wrong.

Way back when truly limited releases of 2,300 pairs or 23,000 pairs or you pick the limited number made sense because they created the feeling of exclusivity and hype that helped build the brand and establish prestige. If you look at where the brand is today, it makes perfect sense why these SUPER limited releases have all but disappeared. The last Premio/Bin dropped 2/18/11. The last online-only release happened years ago. So to assume 25K pairs or less, especially when people have mentioned confirmations from at least a few local retailers, makes little sense at all with where the brand is in 2013.

Furthermore, if you aren't going to acknowledge this release until 1-3 weeks before it happens, clearly part of the strategy is to see how many pairs of NA they can sell without any extensive marketing or year-long hype. It's certainly no coincidence that a Feb. drop didn't even show up on the radar until January. It almost feels as though they're trying to wipe the slate clean and see what kind of success a little-hyped, recently released shoe can have. Limiting numbers doesn't exactly jive with that strategy/experiment.

JB/Nike knows that they can sell out instantly within a weeks notice. (A la Air Mag?) The true test here is....

$200 for a 2011 remake sans the rear jumpman.

JB/Nike knows that they can sell out instantly within a weeks notice. (A la Air Mag?) The true test here is....

I wish everyone would stop saying a "2011 remake". Did people expect 2001 or 1994 quality to reappear as if Nike was going to begin sourcing its materials from new supplies on a whim for one release? Go back to the molds and create a new one? Are the jokers and crimsons releasing in the next month also 2011 remakes? Call a spade a spade. This is a 2013 release with 2013 quality. They're just giving you a feature/branding to the shoe that hasn't been around for 19 years. $200 take it or leave it, but they know this is something many people want and they're going to see if it's worth doing on future releases. What's the alternative, that they never bring Nike Air back?

I wish everyone would stop saying a "2011 remake". Did people expect 2001 or 1994 quality to reappear as if Nike was going to begin sourcing its materials from new supplies on a whim for one release? Go back to the molds and create a new one? Are the jokers and crimsons releasing in the next month also 2011 remakes? Call a spade a spade. This is a 2013 release with 2013 quality. They're just giving you a feature/branding to the shoe that hasn't been around for 19 years. $200 take it or leave it, but they know this is something many people want and they're going to see if it's worth doing on future releases. What's the alternative, that they never bring Nike Air back?

Do you remember the whole spacejam fiasco? What if there was an overrun of materials from the 2011 release? Slap a new heel tab (because the old tabs are yellowed) and a 2013 manufacture date. Call them what you want. The mold, materials exude 2011. It's all a price test, which it will pass.

I definitely agree retros are going to be $200 without nike air due to this release
You know it

I cannot wait to see the retail price in 3 years lol 
At that point I will stick to Nike Retros. I do this **** cuz it is fun, if they are determined to make it so it is no longer fun then they keep the hobby.

Are there even releases near the 225000, I can't even imagine nike/jordan would make that many pairs, I always thought around 50000 is a general release
A GR is a lot more than that. Im sure that is not enough for NYC and the Bay Area

Retros will be $200 soon regardless of this release.... JB knows how to capitalize on their popularity.....

i disagree, by selling out a $200 pair of NIKE AIR jordan IIIs just made all their other jumpman embroidered releases

irrelevant to people who been thirsting for nike air.

i can tell you just from my position that i will NO LONGER BUY I-VI's jordans with jumpman logos where da nike air supposed to go...

i already have a closet full of that stuff already, i aint copping da same pair anymore, if it aint da real deal holy field then JB can keep it.

definite getting these! if i can. wheres the good old days when we could wait in line to garauntee our shoes and size... this luck ****z is whack

man these are receiving crazy feedback. i hope that these don't get too crazy. i don't think its worth a life. people gotta realize it aint that serious. just relax. and jb just release some more shoes. release some more 3s in maybe some other colors. i do like these. they look clean but they need to have him retail at like 160 max. i hope the prices go back down and more pairs come out. i heard about them days when they were seating on shelves. i hope it returns to that one day. 

Sorry guys I'm new to the shoe game, but why is "Nike Air" so special compared to the jumpman? Is it because not a lot of shoes have Nike Air?

man these are receiving crazy feedback. i hope that these don't get too crazy. i don't think its worth a life. people gotta realize it aint that serious. just relax. and jb just release some more shoes. release some more 3s in maybe some other colors. i do like these. they look clean but they need to have him retail at like 160 max. i hope the prices go back down and more pairs come out. i heard about them days when they were seating on shelves. i hope it returns to that one day. 

View media item 230399

never liked the 3s but i do appreciate the NIKE AIR returning....BUT i dont appreciate JB killin pockets(price hike),poor materials, and hyped up releases very few can actually get their hands on for retail

:rofl:

Too many people freaking out over these. When will they release? Really 200$? How many pairs? Limited? GR?

Calm down people, they're only shoes.

We'll know all that info before the release anyway.

Back
Top Bottom