Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

so I called nike customer service and *****ed about the elephant print being cut differently on each pair...they gave me a measly 15 percent off code.. (not surprisingly they had none in stock to exchange)...this is eerily reminding me of when the iphone5 came out and ppl were *****ing about nicks and stratches on the phone out of the box (myself included)

it is what it is im wearing mines soon closest im gonna get back to 88 without a time machine ,a wearable pair thats worth 200 to me  

The hype on the Banned 1's is solely because of the leather. It's not that cheap plastic looking crap we usually get with 1's.

The shoe obviously won't compare to te 94's or 01's, but it had been the best quality 1 in almost 10 years.

i never copped the black & grey AJ1 from a few years back...was it different leather than the banned 1? or the same?

so I called nike customer service and *****ed about the elephant print being cut differently on each pair...they gave me a measly 15 percent off code.. (not surprisingly they had none in stock to exchange)...this is eerily reminding me of when the iphone5 came out and ppl were *****ing about nicks and stratches on the phone out of the box (myself included)

yourself included....i bet
just curious, do you have an ebay handle that i can block? thanks

yourself included....i bet
just curious, do you have an ebay handle that i can block? thanks
i told them i wanted to do the right thing and not sell them for twice what they are..but it may come down to that , i know someone is going to want them regardless of the shoddy quality

U def weren't persistent enough, I know a dude that had a scratch on the toe of a fire 5 and he got full refund and got to keep the shoe...u should have gotten the same...I would call back if I were you. Do a video chat with them and don't accept anything less than maximum refund, just keep asking to speak to a supervisor.

maybe they had a meeting because too many spoiled brats were calling demanding a full refund & to keep the shoes...

but if they are damaged to the point of warranting a full refund, then surely an honest one would not want to keep them, right?
and this dude speaks as if his hand is being forced to re-sell for double if they can't make amends? like that makes any sense

and it's not just persistence, you can't be a half-wit either

Last edited:
Yeah I've always heard about it but never really tried to find out if it was truth or just a myth. But in recent post I saw that people were still using a "special" link & that helped them out with a lot of the re-releases also heard people got to use it with the 88 cement 3's. So I just thought I would ask if anyone knew about it or had any info to help me out. Thanks a lot maybe I'm just chasing a unicorn *Jordan Shrug*
all it was was a link that would get past the splash screen on FNL.. doesn't work anymore because FNL rerouted it(don't know what the technical term is).

I know someone is going to clown me for this.. but some of the minor defects are ok with me.. they make my pair have character.. but then again I wear my Jordans.. 

Where are you located?

I am in Toronto and my pairs from Eastbay are arriving today.  That is less than a week and pretty impressive as it usually takes me over a week to receive anything I order from the US
Im from T.O also. Still waiting... Ordered mine from Footlocker and I just got my Purolator pin, that doesnt work.

you cant compare the leather on the banned 1's to the nike air 2013 leather

in fact you cant put the banned 1's up to any jordan retro released in a very long time and i'll ever go back to the early 2000's retro's
nothing comes close

banned 1 leather is real quality at a cheap price not this cheap synthetic leather nike uses on everything

Ive seen and heard SOME of the complaints quality wise. I understand the issues but at least yall got pairs. Im sure their would be tons of people including myself that would be cool with them just to get a pair at retail. Would I take them if they had other pairs available of course not but I think if your planning on wearing em dont let the imperfections bother you too much. Sometimes I think after reading some of these quality complaints not just in this thread but a lot of others too that we lose track that it is really just a shoe in long run. Bought a few pairs of nikes in the past few months and honestly never really examined none of  them with a fine tooth comb, Im sure I would see at least one flaw but I was just happy to cop. If a major flaw and you feel as though it warrants a return then return them

Ive seen and heard SOME of the complaints quality wise. I understand the issues but at least yall got pairs. Im sure their would be tons of people including myself that would be cool with them just to get a pair at retail. Would I take them if they had other pairs available of course not but I think if your planning on wearing em dont let the imperfections bother you too much. Sometimes I think after reading some of these quality complaints not just in this thread but a lot of others too that we lose track that it is really just a shoe in long run. Bought a few pairs of nikes in the past few months and honestly never really examined none of  them with a fine tooth comb, Im sure I would see at least one flaw but I was just happy to cop. If a major flaw and you feel as though it warrants a return then return them
agreed.

when you purchase ANY other item and are not happy with the quality, what do most people do?  return the item right?

you got dudes on here who wanna get a full refund AND keep the sneakers?  gimme a break.

and i know this has been said before - all these complaints about quality release after release, yet everything still sells out.  so tell me again, what incentive does JB have to "step up the quality?"

Got my pair from NDC yesterday (regular free ground shipping). Box arrived perfectly intact, both shoe sizes matched on my size 10, no problems with the Nike Air on the back, elephant print on the toe actually looks great and not mismatched like some others have reported. I feel thankful. :smokin

Last edited:
Ok, I got my pair yesterday. My apologies in advance if anything that I'm about to say has already been said, argued, beaten in to the ground, debated, etc.

Leather IS DEFINITELY a better grade than the 2011's...They're DEFINITELY softer. However, my pair still had factory flaws, such as excess clue, precreasing on the toebox and an inexplicable vertical line/smudge/scuff on the side

The tongue is EXTREMELY soft...I don't have the 2003 retro of these, but I imagine it to be close to those. The part of the tongue that is under the laces (I actually don't know the techincal term for that part of the shoe) has perforation that is much more noticeable than on the 2011 version. The holes are MUCH bigger and you can easily tell that the tongue is perforated...Unlike the 2011 version which does not look perforated from afar. Only under close(r) inspection, can you see the perforation.

I thought they were leaving the Jumpman on the insole, but they DID replace that jumpan with a Nike Air, so kudos for that.

All in all, I don't think it's ridiculous to drop $200 on these if you really want them, but the resell prices on these right now is a joke. For me, I got offered $500 for mine, so they're getting packed and shipped soon. Absolutely no shame in my game. I DID plan on keeping them, but for $300, it was an easy decision.

Shout to everyone who got their pairs and are happy about them. Good luck to those who are going to try on this alleged re-release...although if JM Adidas said it, then I'm rockin wit it.

Peace.

I'm not going back a million pages. I tried to look but everyone is talking about quality and shipping. So, are these a half size big like the 2011's? Thanks for any help.

Mine are huge and I wear a 10. My buddy who wears an 11 tried them on and they fit him. I'm gonna have to put decreasers and some insoles in these haha

I'm not going back a million pages. I tried to look but everyone is talking about quality and shipping. So, are these a half size big like the 2011's? Thanks for any help.

People act like you just banged out their mom by asking about the sizing around here so I'll be glad to answer...yes, for me these run a half size big.

Last edited:
these are buttery.   and yeah what's up with the pre-creasing on the toe box .    what ,  they try them on in the factory ?  smh

People act like you just banged out their mom by asking about the sizing around here so I'll be glad to answer...yes, for me these run a half size big.

:lol:...that's freaking funny! Thanks, bro, really appreciate it. If I bite the bullet on these, I need to know what to get. Can't try on shoes in these hypebeast days.

TTS-A tad big if anything. I usually get 11's in J's (Except the XI's...I size up .5) A lot of people were saying to size down on these, but I'm glad I didn't. 11 was a perfect fit.

Back
Top Bottom