Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Every one a reseller. Deal with it

There's levels of this though.

There's buying 12 pairs to sell on eBay guy. And there's also buying 2 pairs because your OCD and you wind up selling your extra guy.

I don't have a problem with the 2nd one.

Last edited:
Definitely should be added to your collection. I framed these up, these are one of the sneaker that is meant to be look upon, not to rock. 
smokin.gif

Exactly like let me pay $400 for a pair shoes and not try to make up that money

People don't know how to manage money properly

Gotta play the game these days, if I could walk into Footlocker like the old days and cop at retail I'd have no need to make up funds for having to pay resale myself for stuff I want
i can walk in footlocker and pay retail and if i cant i dont even try. maybe the guys who are buying things beyond their means are the ones who cant manage their money. when i buy a shoe i can afford it and dont need to compensate for it, not callin u broke but im certainly not.

The ranting about resellers is stupid at this point. It's part of the game and it's part of life. Either get your money up or get out. Just please shut up about it already.

Last edited:
I explained this to someone on here this morning: if you want to charge or value your shoes at $350 today, but then want to use the months-old pricing of another shoe vs what it was going for after week 1, I'm not going to play by those rules. Like was mentioned above, there is probably someone who will, and everyone can take advantage of that. Thousands more pairs were available in Houston. More than a few people have it on good authority these are dropping (not a simple restock) again on 3/23. If these drop in more numbers next month, the resale on these goes down big time.

What Jordan released in big numbers right now is going for more than $50-$60 above retail plus taxes a couple months later? Maybe these settle in to the $300-$350 range, but if more pairs release, I see this being a $275-$300 shoe, and only that high because of the exorbitant retail on it to begin with. Some dudes will part with more money than they have to, but I am always looking at these like investments and won't get in when there's a craze that will dissipate in time.

Last edited:
i can walk in footlocker and pay retail and if i cant i dont even try. maybe the guys who are buying things beyond their means are the ones who cant manage their money. when i buy a shoe i can afford it and dont need to compensate for it, not callin u broke but im certainly not.

What can you walk in and buy at a Footlocker these days?

Did I not say if I could cop at retail like old days then I wouldn't bother making that money back but I'm not a dummy who is gonna drop $300+ on a shoe I could obtain 10 years ago for retail with ease and just eat that extra $150 I have to pay extra

Believe me I make good money but I'm not stupid with it

It might be smarter for resellers who got them online to actually wait til 3/23 instead of selling them off now. Gonna be plenty of broken hearts that day as well, and plenty that are willing to bite the bullet and spend $400 just to have them that same week.

It might be smarter for resellers who got them online to actually wait til 3/23 instead of selling them off now. Gonna be plenty of broken hearts that day as well, and plenty that are willing to bite the bullet and spend $400 just to have them that same week.

Yeah but once that extra quantity comes on 3/23, the overall price will take a drop. It just has to based on volume of secondary market sales available for consumers to choose from. Simple economics. If you're trying to maximize your resale value, keep at it right now while these are still not as visible and the info on 3/23 is still a little tighter to the vest.

[/quot. Good point

I missed the FNL release of the GS sizes by a few seconds. By the time I got on there, all sizes were available except a 7 which I needed. I'm usually a 7.5 so I chanced it and copped a size 8 from Eastbay during the initial release. The size 8 were way too big so I ended up having to sell them since Eastbay told me they did not have any other 3s left I could exchange it with. I will def keep an eye on FNL because they might restock both mens and GS. *I hope*

I explained this to someone on here this morning: if you want to charge or value your shoes at $350 today, but then want to use the months-old pricing of another shoe vs what it was going for after week 1, I'm not going to play by those rules. Like was mentioned above, there is probably someone who will, and everyone can take advantage of that. Thousands more pairs were available in Houston. More than a few people have it on good authority these are dropping (not a simple restock) again on 3/23. If these drop in more numbers next month, the resale on these goes down big time.

What Jordan released in big numbers right now is going for more than $50-$60 above retail plus taxes a couple months later? Maybe these settle in to the $300-$350 range, but if more pairs release, I see this being a $275-$300 shoe, and only that high because of the exorbitant retail on it to begin with. Some dudes will part with more money than they have to, but I am always looking at these like investments and won't get in when there's a craze that will dissipate in time.
Funny you are posting this to validate a point. These are someone's rules just as your rules you are trying to adhere to. Not everyone agrees with this. You can hold your theory close in heart, but everyone is different. As you mentioned, not everyone thinks like you. Everyone places their own individual value on shoes. For someone, paying $50 plus a certain a pair of shoes FOR another pair of shoes is equitable. Someone else might think $25 on top is equitable. You can try to think you know the market, but you don't. The market depends on what people (not you). want to pay for it. Some hustle and some just want to get their shoes as the enjoyment of wearing them supercedes the haggling for a few bucks.

As I said, you can wait until 3/23 and hope to get a chance on the restock. After shipping, tax and shoes, you "could be" in $250.  Paying $100 or $50 or $25 (or whatever) more to get those shoes is that person's perogative. Price won't go down big time based on restock. Yes, you will have some buyers holding out. But, there will be demand and how much demand depends on if people still want the shoes.

I have owned a few pairs of the 88s and they are one of the better retro releases to come out. Quality (relative) is a lot better than what i have seen from a lot of the retro releases. You will also have a bunch of people who copped the 88s, like the quality, and go in for another pair.

By the way, I did get my price. Just a little patience and holding to my "rules" goes a long way. Peace.

Last edited:
LOL at anyone who thinks the quality on these is better than most retros. Do people forget the pages of photos of lopsided pairs, bad paint jobs, wrinkled and pre-creased leather? The quality has been one reason the price on these has begun to fall. As the perceived limitedness goes down, and many flawed pairs are moved, there's no way $350-$400 stands on these. It hasn't even been two weeks since the initial drop. Some people just throw reason and history out the window. 3,000 more pairs dropped into the market last weekend. A fair retail is going to be $150 over MSRP, especially if there's a second release and undoubtedly Europe getting their's? Some of you guys crack me up. You have both panicked, ignorant consumers and then resellers trying to act like a "fair" price is 1.5-2x retail. The people who wait will be the winners on this release.

Oh and FYI dude above, no one was paying $250 after taxes and shipping on these unless they chose overnight. This is a max $220-$225 retail purchase if you're in the U.S. cranking up the retail price to fit your reseller agenda doesn't change the facts.

Last edited:
LOL at anyone who thinks the quality on these is better than most retros. Do people forget the pages of photos of lopsided pairs, bad paint jobs, wrinkled and pre-creased leather? The quality has been one reason the price on these has begun to fall. As the perceived limitedness goes down, and many flawed pairs are moved, there's no way $350-$400 stands on these. It hasn't even been two weeks since the initial drop. Some people just throw reason and history out the window. 3,000 more pairs dropped into the market last weekend. A fair retail is going to be $150 over MSRP, especially if there's a second release and undoubtedly Europe getting their's? Some of you guys crack me up. You have both panicked, ignorant consumers and then resellers trying to act like a "fair" price is 1.5-2x retail. The people who wait will be the winners on this release.

Oh and FYI dude above, no one was paying $250 after taxes and shipping on these unless they chose overnight. This is a max $220-$225 retail purchase if you're in the U.S. cranking up the retail price to fit your reseller agenda doesn't change the facts.
Yeah some people are ******ed. Him included. I paid 225 shipped/taxes. Resellers are garbage.

It's just the same story every release, sans a few VERY limited releases which this one has quickly turned out not to be. Dudes panic and overpay up front, more pairs drop, the resale value plummets, and then everyone forgets about day 0 - 20 and how many people raped themselves because they had no patience. I'm just not one of the guys who will pay out the butt if I miss or want a second pair unless I know it's a truly limited, hard to come by shoe. People got reamed on XIs, reamed on IVs, you can keep going down the line. Dudes were saying $300-$350 was fair for Thunders. Revisit last year's release threads and you'll find the same pattern.

I advocate not being a chump.

I find it funny you post that the IIIs aren't great but you were the one that messaged me looking to get a pair. Look, I know what you are trying to do. Try to keep the down low enough so you can sneak a pair. Spoken like a hustler...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom