Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

thats not grimey at all tho
How you figure? If you make a verbal agreement with someone at LEAST give them a heads up they're going to go another route and if there is a higher offer give that person a chance to counteroffer.

It is grimey, especially claiming he hates resellers and even showing dude how to use paypal.

raises hand to chime in my 2 cents.

no agreement is done until money is exchanged. until then, its fair game due to the fact that buyers flaker out all of the time.
now if dude took money then refunded, its a problem.

** fine print - did not read earlier parts of convo. dont chew me a new one.

thats not grimey at all tho
How you figure? If you make a verbal agreement with someone at LEAST give them a heads up they're going to go another route and if there is a higher offer give that person a chance to counteroffer.

It is grimey, especially claiming he hates resellers and even showing dude how to use paypal.

no agreement is done until money is exchanged. until then, its fair game due to the fact that buyers flaker out all of the time.

Outside of Ebay, this is the approach I take whenever I'm dealing with selling anything online.  I've never backed out of a sale, except for when I found out I was dealing with a scammer.  The seller has all the say, as it is their item.  If a local sale makes more sense to a seller, why wouldn't they go that route? 

I have this situation, but there is a guy working very hard to get me bred 11 + $$$ for trade on my 88's, and I've not only passed on other offers, but I've given him notice of some of them too. He seems like a stand-up guy who really wants the shoes. If I lose out and he can't come through and I take a lesser offer...so be it. I'll live with it.

At least I'm honest with him the whole time, and my word is important to me.

Outside of Ebay, this is the approach I take whenever I'm dealing with selling anything online.  I've never backed out of a sale, except for when I found out I was dealing with a scammer.  The seller has all the say, as it is their item.  If a local sale makes more sense to a seller, why wouldn't they go that route? 

i gotta agree their is nothing better then doing a meet up
i also agree you should call the first buyer if a better deal comes in
either by local sale or by mail

dont text
dont email
dont facebook
dont PM

get a contact number so you both know whats going on with the sale by phone

paypal ebay even money orders are all a pair in the *****

cash is king

if you get offered more same or even a little less if nothing has changed hands its fair game
the seller is in the right

retail stores do grimy crap all the time
this is no different and a lot more transparent

Last edited:
feb was crazy for me, spent WAY too much.... the 88's were def my favorite pick up ... only bad thing was the cement print was UBER off on mine
sick.gif
 but still love em

mail

I just picked up a sz 11 at galleria houston, the lady in front of me took 4 sz 11 lol Houston heads if you are looking for 11.5 on up go now

I have this situation, but there is a guy working very hard to get me bred 11 + $$$ for trade on my 88's, and I've not only passed on other offers, but I've given him notice of some of them too. He seems like a stand-up guy who really wants the shoes. If I lose out and he can't come through and I take a lesser offer...so be it. I'll live with it.

At least I'm honest with him the whole time, and my word is important to me.

not many people are "honorable" in this day and age and as a seller, i understand that there are a ton of "kids" out there just making offers with no true intent on buying the shoes. people, like in your case, are doing nothing but window shopping.
i mean, how are you going to offer some shoes you dont even have? how is he working hard to get your black red XIs and cash?

i gotta agree their is nothing better then doing a meet up
i also agree you should call the first buyer if a better deal comes in
either by local sale or by mail

dont text
dont email
dont facebook
dont PM

get a contact number so you both know whats going on with the sale by phone

paypal ebay even money orders are all a pair in the *****

cash is king

if you get offered more same or even a little less if nothing has changed hands its fair game
the seller is in the right

retail stores do grimy crap all the time
this is no different and a lot more transparent

THIS.

STILL WAITING FOR U TO BLESS ME W YOUR EXTRA BANNED 1

not many people are "honorable" in this day and age and as a seller, i understand that there are a ton of "kids" out there just making offers with no true intent on buying the shoes. people, like in your case, are doing nothing but window shopping.
i mean, how are you going to offer some shoes you dont even have? how is he working hard to get your black red XIs and cash?
Completely understand, many people are not honorable when it comes to selling these. He had some worn SJ's in size 10 (I wear 11) which I declined. He's traded them off for some infared 6's and will try to pull the 11's with those. I've given him the opportunity to do what he can, but I have others waiting in case he can't come through, so I'm honestly not that worried if he can't follow through. But considering some of the trash I've been offered, I'm more than willing to give him the chance because he's been the most upfront, open, and communicative with me through the whole process.

Last edited:

Lol not going to chew you a new one. I agree you're absolutely right, it is all fair game. I never said it wasn't but verbal or oral contracts are real. If an agreement is reached and someone backs out that's breach of contract. Obviously I'm not going to do anything about that, because it's just a pair of Js but it's just the principle as to why I feel it's grimey.

Yeah if a local sale makes more sense then cool, but as a person who wants to get more bang for their buck, if I offered 500 but a local sale was only offering 400 and there was no scamming going on from all parties, which one are you going to go with? Obviously the option that's going to give you more money. I don't have an issue with what he did, because you're right it is his product, but at least give me an option to counteroffer.

Ahh well I'll find my size for a decent price soon.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I hope you get your size.  It would only be common courtesy to inform another potentially serious buyer that you got an offer on the shoes.  However, I price my items to sell at a price that I'm comfortable with, which is probably why I've never been in the situation that you were in.  I'm not going to pass up on selling an item for an extra $50 when I know there is someone else with cash in hand.  IMHO, best offer items are for Ebay.

On to the shoes, if come 3/23, this is truly a Euro/Canada only release what legit sites are best for shipping and not having to deal with customs?  Kickz is out of the question, don't want to get hit with customs fees.  At that price, we're at about reseller prices.

I just picked up a sz 11 at galleria houston, the lady in front of me took 4 sz 11 lol Houston heads if you are looking for 11.5 on up go now
Hmmm did they get a restock or something because I called them Saturday and they said all they had left was a 8.5?

I pick up a size 14 at footlocker in the gallaria. I called them to see if they had any sizes left and the lady ask what size do you need. I said a size 13 or 14 she said she have one of each. So I told her to put the size 14 to the side for me she said ok I told her I was on my way. So I got there she had my shoesto the size and a dude was inline buying the only other big size she had which was the size 13 so goodthing I call before I drove all the way overthere and I want to send a big shoutout to fellow NT onlyjs for the tip without his info I would still be looking or paying reseller prices anywayz enjoy the pics peace!

I pick up a size 14 at footlocker in the gallaria. I called them to see if they had any sizes left and the lady ask what size do you need. I said a size 13 or 14 she said she have one of each. So I told her to put the size 14 to the side for me she said ok I told her I was on my way. So I got there she had my shoesto the size and a dude was inline buying the only other big size she had which was the size 13 so goodthing I call before I drove all the way overthere and I want to send a big shoutout to fellow NT onlyjs for the tip without his info I would still be looking or paying reseller prices anywayz enjoy the pics peace!
Good cop homie! Glad to see you copped for retail. These are too ill.

If you guys don't follow solesupremacy, they just posted a comparo with some early release/fake/grey markets.

Careful out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom