Official Air Jordan High Strap Release Post! 11/22/2008! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

i bought three pairs for $90 each, so i made $100 off of selling, so its basically like i got mine for free, which isnt too bad

I had 8 pair on ebay starting at 99 cents and the highest I made was $240 shipped and the loweset I made was $200 shipped.I didn't have a reserve oranything.I didn't expect that at all........That was the week of the release.......Then I got lucky again and found the doernbecher 1's in my size 12for $200 shipped.I had to have em since NDC cancelled my order.

Originally Posted by sincere

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

damn i sold 2 pairs one for $155 and the other for $135 im starting to think that was a little to low
ohwell.gif

Nah, the other cats are too high. Everybody and their momma has these up for sale on eBay. The feeding frenzy is over. There are too many other good JB release that came out after this and more are coming. I wear a size 13 and I've seen a whole bunch of them on eBay in that size and now all of the sellers are finally realizing that they should'nt bought these as a quick flip for cash. They weren't limited, so why copp for resale. I know many sellers who have some left are feeling a little funny about copping so many. Watch the price drop like a knock kneed baby on ice. Heck, it's already dropping.
roll.gif
Don't get me wrong I have 2 pairs and copped them on release day, so I do like them. My point was that this was a lot of hype for resellers. Let's face it...it was damn near a General Release. Let'em go and move on to the next big JB release. If not...hang on them for 2 years...the value may go up again at that point if JB doesn't drop anther red on black AJ1 Retro. Oh shoot...I forgot...can we say "Infared"?
roll.gif
JB put too many 1 retros (including the Blue on Black low and the Red on Black lows) out there within a 2 month span. Sorry to break the news like this. Honestly in today's current market, that $155 and $135 might be too high. I keep seeing the same sellers re-listing the same shoe over and over again with no bid or purchases on the previously listed items. Stop the madness. It isn't worth it. Reselling J's isn't worth it these days, not unless it is truely a limited QS. Other than that. let it go, you save yourselves and your bank accounts. Believe that!
pimp.gif

Your joking about when you said "There are too many other good JB release" I've gotten offers of Concord XI, Hulk SB, Playoff XII, ect...........Re-Sell price/trades are actually pretty good right now for these shoes.........
wink.gif

757 Hampton Roads area...if you are still looking try Sports Zone Janaf or Shoe City Military Circle. Not too sure if still in stock, just thought I'd tryand look out. On rd, I called around a few places these were the only two stores that had them.

these are my first Air Jordan I Highs....and before i would just say why is everyone complaining about the Mids. But after having these and wearing them...nowi look at my "Old Love" I's and i must say Highs are way better than mids i cant even look at my "Old Love" the same anymore.

well after 2 weeks of not being home finally came home to see these from nike.com. u def need a 72 laces on these

i was just able to pick up a 7.5 from my local store so around my way they aint selling to good

Do u know if they can a 9.5 around ur way that i can get..

Originally Posted by fly1587

i was just able to pick up a 7.5 from my local store so around my way they aint selling to good
na they only got one 9.5 in and i bought that for my friend like a month ago.

Do u know if they can a 9.5 around ur way that i can get..

Originally Posted by jstatus238

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Originally Posted by jstatus238

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

where did you guys buy black laces. are there any online stores........
I found mine on ebay. They are 72" and are the perfect length. They are slightly narrower than the red laces but move through the lace holes more smoothly

72?! Mines are 45 or 54 i think? But they fit good except i skip lace holes
pimp.gif

Yes, these will allow you to lace them all the way up if you wanted to and still have enough to tie. I lace mine to the hole second from the top. I've tried 45 inch laces and you can't even lace them up on the ankle portion.

heres how mines are looking with 45'.....
161apfl.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sincere

damn i sold 2 pairs one for $155 and the other for $135 im starting to think that was a little to low
ohwell.gif

Nah, the other cats are too high. Everybody and their momma has these up for sale on eBay. The feeding frenzy is over. There are too many other good JB release that came out after this and more are coming. I wear a size 13 and I've seen a whole bunch of them on eBay in that size and now all of the sellers are finally realizing that they should'nt bought these as a quick flip for cash. They weren't limited, so why copp for resale. I know many sellers who have some left are feeling a little funny about copping so many. Watch the price drop like a knock kneed baby on ice. Heck, it's already dropping.
roll.gif
Don't get me wrong I have 2 pairs and copped them on release day, so I do like them. My point was that this was a lot of hype for resellers. Let's face it...it was damn near a General Release. Let'em go and move on to the next big JB release. If not...hang on them for 2 years...the value may go up again at that point if JB doesn't drop anther red on black AJ1 Retro. Oh shoot...I forgot...can we say "Infared"?
roll.gif
JB put too many 1 retros (including the Blue on Black low and the Red on Black lows) out there within a 2 month span. Sorry to break the news like this. Honestly in today's current market, that $155 and $135 might be too high. I keep seeing the same sellers re-listing the same shoe over and over again with no bid or purchases on the previously listed items. Stop the madness. It isn't worth it. Reselling J's isn't worth it these days, not unless it is truely a limited QS. Other than that. let it go, you save yourselves and your bank accounts. Believe that!
pimp.gif

You're tripping dude... these are still selling for $200+ in many sizes. You can't judge based on size 13's... lol. The market for size 10.5 forinstance is MUCH stronger. The key to reselling is to stay away from sizes like 13 and 8 b/c they won't ever sell for much more than retail. And theseJordans were rather limited, particularly in certain areas of the country (scroll back through this thread and you'll see that a bunch of peopleweren't able to get there's at release). I know you want resellers to fail, but wishing it doesn't make it so.

Back
Top Bottom