Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
His information is accurate. He is heavily involved in the analysis section of the retail footwear industry, and a trusted source for verified information, about as high up as it could possibly be verified. Kind of like a Jim Cramer of the shoe business.

There were sizes 8, 8.5, and 10.5 on FNL when I got there this morning. My tracker popped em up while I was looking at work emails, and I still couldn't get all the way through checkout without them leaving my cart. Hopefully some other NTer's got in and got those pairs.
What tracker? You and some other users have this

I'm no footwear analist but it may be less than that considering it was 20 - 25k of the 88's and it seemed these we a lot harder to get than 88's

I'm no footwear analist but it may be less than that considering it was 20 - 25k of the 88's and it seemed these we a lot harder to get than 88's
Yeah but the 88's had all stock for the most part online spread between 3 sites, so IMO it seemed "easier" to cop.....where as the Royal 1's were in stores as well online so the distribution was more spread out making them harder to get.

Yeah but the 88's had all stock for the most part online spread between 3 sites, so IMO it seemed "easier" to cop.....where as the Royal 1's were in stores as well online so the distribution was more spread out making them harder to get.

true

Those are global numbers for the Royals.  If you have been following news on the Royals, you'd see that the good ol' US of A got the shaft on number of pairs shipped to our retailers.  If you are using how difficult it is to get a shoe to determine production numbers, then comparing a shoe that had an online only release, and only at all major US retailers online, to a shoe that only released at a few major retailers online, even fewer in store, and most of them going to small shops/boutiques and overseas is like comparing apples to oranges.

And those numbers for the 88's are still just guesses by people on NT and are not verified.  And those numbers were guessed on here before release even happened, with no concrete info to back up those numbers.  Throw in that the 88's will release at HoH's (mine already has the matching apparel in the stockroom) and European retailers on March 23rd, and the number of 88's will now climb even higher.

Last edited:
What tracker? You and some other users have this
It's just a script that runs.  It isn't the same thing that the guy with Bill Nye as his avi said he uses on google chrome and got the info about off of the retail savings blog (can't remember the name of the site).  I still don't know for sure what he is using.  He said he would share after he got his Royals form that first canceled order set that went up, but he never shared after his order completed.  It's some sort of google add on that you enter the shoes original link into and it updates when you pages are made to that page, or at least that is the best I could decipher from his teasing posts that followed.  I tried to google some info about it, but haven't found out anything useful yet.

It's just a script that runs.  It isn't the same thing that the guy with Bill Nye as his avi said he uses on google chrome and got the info about off of the retail savings blog (can't remember the name of the site).  I still don't know for sure what he is using.  He said he would share after he got his Royals form that first canceled order set that went up, but he never shared after his order completed.  It's some sort of google add on that you enter the shoes original link into and it updates when you pages are made to that page, or at least that is the best I could decipher from his teasing posts that followed.  I tried to google some info about it, but haven't found out anything useful yet.
You mean page monitor for google chrome?

Did anybody who was successful with queens get their shipping emails yet?
I got 100% confirmation through Twitter DM and had a pretty long conversation with them.  Great customer service.  They didn't say they would be sending out shipping confirmation, but that I could DM them back Wednesday morning (our time) and they could verify my size 10 was shipped and give me any info they may have regarding shipping. 

Thanks man. Bill Nye lol I call him Phillip. He's a pretty cool guy actually. Looked out for me with the royals. Wish I had the amount of pairs he had though haha

Got confirmation from queens today that my size 10 will ship today or tomorrow. Finally the hunt is over :smokin

Hypothetical - would you rather pay resale for a pair of 2013's (I'm assuming $350ish) or pay $350 - $400 for a pair of 01's that have been worn a few times?

Hypothetical - would you rather pay resale for a pair of 2013's (I'm assuming $350ish) or pay $350 - $400 for a pair of 01's that have been worn a few times?
I don't like buying worn shoes....

So for me it would be a no brainer....

But if you don't mind worn shoes go with whatever you think is better quality....

Why do people assume 01 has better quality? Is it because its 01? Lol I felt the 01 & 85s yesterday @ a sneaker shop & if anything the 13s feel more to the 85 pair than the 01s

Thanks man. Bill Nye lol I call him Phillip. He's a pretty cool guy actually. Looked out for me with the royals. Wish I had the amount of pairs he had though haha
LOL I just couldn't remember his screen name but definitely remember his pic.  Yeah, he ended up getting all those BD orders too.  That's cool he was able to help you out with these.  I'm not familiar enough with google chrome add-ons to put together what he was using from the few hints he left.  Sounds like it definitely works well though.

I wore my Knicks pair and they had that awful, unnatural creasing from the second I put my foot in the shoe, but only on the left shoe toe box.  The right shoe toe box feels and wears like the Royals and while they all crease (as 1's should), it is natural creases in the expected areas.  The left toe box on my Knicks has that paper thin feeling and looking leather like what is used all over the upper of the '88 WC3's....

Those are global numbers for the Royals.  If you have been following news on the Royals, you'd see that the good ol' US of A got the shaft on number of pairs shipped to our retailers.  If you are using how difficult it is to get a shoe to determine production numbers, then comparing a shoe that had an online only release, and only at all major US retailers online, to a shoe that only released at a few major retailers online, even fewer in store, and most of them going to small shops/boutiques and overseas is like comparing apples to oranges.

And those numbers for the 88's are still just guesses by people on NT and are not verified.  And those numbers were guessed on here before release even happened, with no concrete info to back up those numbers.  Throw in that the 88's will release at HoH's (mine already has the matching apparel in the stockroom) and European retailers on March 23rd, and the number of 88's will now climb even higher.

Actually these Numbers for the 88's arent just from NT the whole internet is saying that and of of course it's not verified. It's very rare that the actual production numbers on any shoe is verified. Like the bred 11's for example it's a general census that 500 - 700k were produced (not verified). Nike is the only reliable source that can actually verify a production count. when is the last time that was done? Also production #'s very rarely climb. Normally only the amount they decide to release climb. I bet the 88's that release on the 23'rd have the same production dates as the ones that released in Feb.

Last edited:
Actually these Numbers for the 88's arent just from NT the whole internet is saying that and of of course it's not verified. It's very rare that the actual production numbers on any shoe is verified. Like the bred 11's for example it's a general census that 500 - 700k were produced (not verified). Nike is the only reliable source that can actually verify a production count. when is the last time that was done? Also production #'s very rarely climb. Normally only the amount they decide to release climb. I bet the 88's that release on the 23'rd have the same production dates as the ones that released in Feb.
I know that the 88's will have the same production number.  It was all planned.  And you are wrong on verified production number info.  Just because sneaker blogs and regular old guys on NT don't get the information does not mean that it doesn't exist.  The reason there was an original estimate by Matt Powell and his team is because Nike hadn't given their company the final numbers because they wanted, to the best of their ability, to keep the 2nd release of the bred 11's a secret.  I haven't looked at his recent reports for info about bred 11's, but I bet Sports OneSource does have a fairly accurate production number now.  Nike does release this information to that company and a few others like them.  Their industry research and analysis is fueled by information directly from Nike, Reebok, Adidas, etc....  That is what that company does, they do not work on guesstimates to provide that type of analysis to their clients.

There is a completely different side of this than the gossip blogs and sneaker enthusiasts opinions and "research."  This industry is analyzed the same as any in the retail sector, and some companies are more reliable because they get first hand information, which is the reason they are the best at what they do.  When Matt Powell makes a statement like that, it is not a guess.

Last edited:
Cant fault most for not knowing that kindve info. Blogs, forums and such are driven mostly by gossip and opinions. Unfortunately its what the general public have access to for thier insider secrets.

I can't believe its monday and I still don't have a confirmation or tracking number from Warsaw...smh I have a bad feeling about my order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom