Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if someone feels they have to act on an opinion. Kcmo had info and gave it. How people react and what they do with it is thier own problem. If u took info from here, called stores to be told no way then translated that into we gotta drive 100 miles to the nearest and/or camp out out for hours cause u thought they are full of it then u look like and are a tool. Kcmo basically just gave info and suggested checking up with places then tried to manage all the pestering fools.

lol okay sure.

I said what I had to say and trappedintime said it best. You rambling about 100 miles this and that when nobody did that means nothing.

If you repeatedly tell people one thing and then are completely wrong, expect a little backlash. He's been talking about a FNL restock for weeks. No one's saying he's a bad guy or was trying to deceive anyone, but the info turned out to be bunk. Isn't there a lesson to be learned here? It's not to withhold info, it's to be a little less specific and definitive when it's not YOUR info but a 2nd or 3rd hand source. Not too difficult to understand Sanzer.
correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't atleast some of the stores he said restock?

Here's the breakdown of the story: kamuekcmo was told by his source that FNL was gonna restock at the stores he listed out. However, that plan was trashed as they were planning to remodel those stores and release them after they remodeled. It didn't prevent some stores from getting shipments because FNL is disorganized and didn't stop them in time. Now a lot of people are salty and are very thirsty.

Tl;dr: Rumored plans by FNL were mostly not true, salty sneaker heads mad at kamuekcmo and FNL.

Last edited:
In the midst of all this arguing, I still haven't gotten the shoes.

Suicide.gif

Here's the breakdown of the story: kamuekcmo was told by his source that FNL was gonna restock at the stores he listed out. However, that plan was trashed as they were planning to remodel those stores and release them after they remodeled. It didn't prevent some stores from getting shipments because FNL is disorganized and didn't stop them in time. Now a lot of people are salty and are very thirsty.

Tl;dr: Rumored plans by FNL were mostly not true, salty sneaker heads mad at kamuekcmo and FNL.

here's the real breakdown since ive been following the thread.

A lot of people are holding out for a restock while others are biting the bullet and paying aftermarket prices. kamuekcmo has already stated that Finishline has held back inventory for another restock type of event. Everyone is cool with that especially since he says it could happen months or even a year from now.

Later on, kamuekcmo starts preaching patience because a restock is coming then he posts a list of Finishlines that SHOULD be getting the shoes.L7ser (spelling?) posts a pic of a pair he picked up last week at a MD's HoH grand opening. Very shortly afterwards (I mean hours), kamuekcmo confirms that the stores on his posted list should be getting them any day this week. He does NOT tell people to go to the store but states that the employees are unaware that they are receiving them and that spots already have lines. Naturally, many people that have access to stores on the list flood the phone lines and head to the store. Some people even started camping.

No one has confirmed that they got a pair from a Finishline on the list which is amazingly strange because Niketalker's generally wont be denied. No one of credibility has even had their intel at the stores confirm a silent restock (that I remember reading). The initial people that were co-signing with kamuekcmo have gone MIA.

Niketalkers get really suspicious on the info and try to set kamuekcmo on fire while others try and defend him.

I think he was/is trying to be helpful and he isnt the only one saying restock stuff this week. It's just that hes pretty much the face of the "confirmed" restocks at this point and hes getting all of the heat for it.

STOP BEATING ON A DEAD HORSE!!!

Kamo shared a tip from his sources which turned out to be good to some extend.   "A limited number of stores will be getting the shoes"  he did not clarify when but he did include the where. So stop spitting your vile on this forum... "IS NOT LIKE YOU PAID THE GUY FOR THE INFO"!!!

STOP BEATING ON A DEAD HORSE!!!

Kamo shared a tip from his sources which turned out to be good to some extend.   "A limited number of stores will be getting the shoes"  he did not clarify when but he did include the where. So stop spitting your vile on this forum... "IS NOT LIKE YOU PAID THE GUY FOR THE INFO"!!!

I feel like people really can't read. He did clarify and that's why people are mad. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend who is a regional IOA with Finishline. I can say this definitively...two of the stores listed on that list WILL NOT be getting the Royals in Q2 2013 at all. Unfortunately, that is the extent of her visibility into inventory.  

After this fiasco, I had to ask her. She doesn't think that they'll become available in any broad-scale retail sense anyway. But she can guarantee that two of the stores listed in MD, DC, PA, VA WILL NOT be getting Royals in Q2 2013. And don't read too much into that - by inferring the negative context (i.e. don't assume that just because she can only confirm that they won't be available in Q2, it necessarily must mean that they'll be available later in the year - that would not be a good assumption). 

I won't say which two stores because people should look anyway if they're that pressed and I don't want anyone thinking that I'm trying to throw the scent off to benefit someone else getting the shoes. 

As an aside, I don't believe that KC would purposefully mislead anyone in this context. His info was too specific and there was no margin of error for him to be wrong. If he was just trying to give the appearance of having an inside edge, he wouldn't have boxed himself in with that degree of specificity. I think he just received some bad info and felt comfortable communicating it because it's been right before. It's tough to blame the guy for dispensing info that he sincerely believed would help folks acquire shoes. 

I have a friend who is a regional IOA with Finishline. I can say this definitively...two of the stores listed on that list WILL NOT be getting the Royals in Q2 2013 at all. Unfortunately, that is the extent of her visibility into inventory.  

After this fiasco, I had to ask her. She doesn't think that they'll become available in any broad-scale retail sense anyway. But she can guarantee that two of the stores listed in MD, DC, PA, VA WILL NOT be getting Royals in Q2 2013. And don't read too much into that - by inferring the negative context (i.e. don't assume that just because she can only confirm that they won't be available in Q2, it necessarily must mean that they'll be available later in the year - that would not be a good assumption). 

I won't say which two stores because people should look anyway if they're that pressed and I don't want anyone thinking that I'm trying to throw the scent off to benefit someone else getting the shoes. 

As an aside, I don't believe that KC would purposefully mislead anyone in this context. His info was too specific and there was no margin of error for him to be wrong. If he was just trying to give the appearance of having an inside edge, he wouldn't have boxed himself in with that degree of specificity. I think he just received some bad info and felt comfortable communicating it because it's been right before. It's tough to blame the guy for dispensing info that he sincerely believed would help folks acquire shoes. 
then y mention it?

I feel like people really can't read. He did clarify and that's why people are mad. LOL.
Would you mind providing the dates that according to you he share?  Because all I remember was a potential restock on a number of stores....   People are mad because they don't know how to analyze a tip and instead act impulsively.   A few stores received a restock by mistake so goes the rumor, but nothing confirmed.   

If nothing else.... Can we at least admit this thread has been entertaining :smile: and has gone a great distance without being locked!

Would you mind providing the dates that according to you he share?  Because all I remember was a potential restock on a number of stores....   People are mad because they don't know how to analyze a tip and instead act impulsively.   A few stores received a restock by mistake so goes the rumor, but nothing confirmed.   

He said stores will be getting them today, possibly Thursday or Friday. That's pretty darn specific if you ask me. All you had to do was read his posts to see he was too specific with his info and that ultimately led to the backlash.

Last edited:

And since you're lazy to actually read, let me hold your hand and guide you. His post states;

"Call your Finishline on the list, they are dropping them all this week, some today, tomm, Thursday, and Friday...... Im not sure which ones have which dates..."

Last edited:

He said stores will be getting them today, possibly Thursday or Friday. That's pretty darn specific if you ask me. All you had to do was read his posts to see he was too specific with his info and that ultimately led to the backlash.

Call your Finishline on the list, they are dropping them all this week, some today, tomm, Thursday, and Friday...... Im not sure which ones have which dates...

I guess I missed that Thursday or Friday post...  However, he is accurate when he says some stores will be getting them.  I was able to confirm it with a store manager.

And since you're lazy to actually read, let me hold your hand and guide you. His post states;

"Call your Finishline on the list, they are dropping them all this week, some today, tomm, Thursday, and Friday...... Im not sure which ones have which dates..."
Not lazy... but unfortunately your brain doesn't allow you to follow instructions "CALL YOUR FNL ON THE LIST".  You are probably one of the guys that can't pass a multiple choice exam with the answers right in front of him...  

Whoever mentioned a while back (maybe in a different thread) that the current sneaker culture is not a game is wrong. It's not a matter of getting the sneaker or not - anyone can buy any sneaker if willing to pay the price. The game is now getting the sneaker for retail. If you can do that, especially for those super limited releases ( a la the royals), then that is saying something.

There is a bunch of spoiled NikeTalk members in here. First information is given as help so the intent is good. Second no one on here owes you anything so stop going after someone if you think there information is not valuable to you because it might help someone else. Hey if you don't get the shoe is it the end of the word. NO!

STOP COMPLAINING because a shoe store can get stock and sell some or all of their inventory on some shady style and you will not know if those regional and corporate offices never advertised the product anyway.

This site was meant for sharing info and support system for sneaker heads not complaining.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Ok, here is a few examples I pulled up from Tuesday and even Monday morning before I posted anything.... And there are more and even pics all over Twitter..... The HOH in Bmore dropped on Friday, so these people couldnt be talking about that.....
looks like select stores on kcmo's list just restocked the royals this am ...just seen alot of tweets about em in the last 45 mins 
Dixie Normus (@_benCHUNG) tweeted at 6:38 PM on Mon, Apr 01, 2013:
I bought stephen the royal 1's today
(
https://twitter.com/_benCHUNG/status/318870006131740672)

(@DMV Sneakers) tweeted at 6:53 AM on Tue, Apr 02, 2013:
@jay_jacq I stated it in my tweet "Royals" But it's a mute point now because if u didn't know by last night you probably u will miss it

(@EaglesandHeat) tweeted at 6:54 AM on Tue, Apr 02, 2013:
@RemingtonGuest It's a mute point now. because it was selected stores so ppl had to do there homework by yesterday. info was out for days
(
https://twitter.com/EaglesandHeat/status/319055325821014017)

Call your Finishline on the list, they are dropping them all this week, some today, tomm, Thursday, and Friday...... Im not sure which ones have which dates...
ok, wow..... I went to sleep and woke up and dudes are still missing the whole point.....

THE FINISHLINE RESTOCK/RELAUNCH IS STILL GOING TO HAPPEN AT ALL THE STORES I LISTED, I NEVER GAVE ANYONE AN EXACT DATE, OR TOLD ANYONE TO RUN TO A STORE, SO THE INFO I POSTED AND HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR WEEKS/MONTHS IS STILL A GO! I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT THE DATE WAS TBD............. WHEN I WOKE UP TUESDAY, I SEEN MY TWITTER GOING CRAZY LIKE ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE SAID AND TWEETED FROM DIFF AREAS, AND POSTED PICS ABOUT, SO I CAME HERE AND SEEN ONLY A FEW POST ABOUT IT SO I POSTED IT TO GIVE PEOPLE A HEADS UP..... Like I said if anyone checked Twitter and did a search for Royal 1's on Tuesday or Monday morning, lots of people including a few major sneaker sites posted info about the restock way before I did.... I dont care what anyone says, people got Royals on Tuesday and Monday morning, just because they are not part of NT and didnt post pics on here, dosent mean it didnt happen... EVERYONE IS NOT ON NT OR A SNEAKERHEAD........ I was told that a few were shipped by accident to some stores on my list and I think that was true..... But to make a long story short, they had them and still have some, and they will drop at the stores I posted... 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom