Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad state of affairs. JB has us locked in cages. The quality isn't anywhere near banned 1s and they might actual be around that price for resell. Game is just sad nowadays, have to do rsvps and go the extra mile to get a pair of shoes now.
Stop comparing these to Banned Is.  You're just giving resellers ideas.  These will not sell for Banned I prices.  2001 Royals don't even sell for that much.  These are worse quality.  They are more widely available (they are selling online and in GS sizes).  The colorway is not as sought after as the Black/Red colorway.  Some of you make the shoes you want harder to get by building unwarranted hype.

Stop comparing these to Banned Is.  You're just giving resellers ideas.  These will not sell for Banned I prices.  2001 Royals don't even sell for that much.  These are worse quality.  They are more widely available (they are selling online and in GS sizes).  The colorway is not as sought after as the Black/Red colorway.  Some of you make the shoes you want harder to get by building unwarranted hype.
Yeah I'm with you..Flightclub has a sz 7 & 7.5
For 220...
Ebay prices have dropped a bit..
Most ppl hyping these up are resellers on here

Been saying this the entire time. People want these to have a crazy resell price so bad it's a shame.

Yeah I'm with you..Flightclub has a sz 7 & 7.5
For 220...
Ebay prices have dropped a bit..
Most ppl hyping these up are resellers on here
if flightclub has these at 220, ill easily cop them for 180-200 from a reseller

then again they are 7 and 7.5, and im an 11

These aren't as limited as most think. I know for a fact FINL will have as many pairs online as they did Bred XIII's. They had about half as many Squadron XIII's FWIW.

No beef, but those trying to hype this release up are lame. Do your homework if you want a pair and you should be fine.

If you look at the 6th picture...around the check the way the leather is a little creases i looks like its a good quality leather

These aren't as limited as most think. I know for a fact FINL will have as many pairs online as they did Bred XIII's. They had about half as many Squadron XIII's FWIW.

No beef, but those trying to hype this release up are lame. Do your homework if you want a pair and you should be fine.
You do realize how much more sought the royal 1s are than the squadron blue jordan 13s and the knicks 1s. I mean not the resellers but people who want them. The hype is gonna kill the release. They will sell out day 1. Those who've been waiting for this release and the resellers is gonna make this one a tough pick up.

Last edited:
You do realize how much more sought the royal 1s are than the squadron blue jordan 13s and the knicks 1s. I mean not the resellers but people who want them. The hype is gonna kill the release. They will sell out day 1. Those who've been waiting for this release and the resellers is gonna make this one a tough pick up.

I think you need to reread my post. I'm not comparing Royals to Squadrons in any way shape or form

It's amazing how many people on here "know" so much, yet really know nothing at all.

I miss the days of simply being the first to show up at your local retailer and landing your pair. No raffles, no RSVPs, no wristbands. It was strictly who wanted it more (or who had the most flexible job schedule to call in for the day). Sadly, those days are gone.

I don't know how "limited" they are and I strongly feel no one on here truly does. Just exhaust all your efforts, locally/regionally/nationally. However you have to. If you don't land a pair, expect to pay more if you want them. Simple as that.

I think you need to reread my post. I'm not comparing Royals to Squadrons in any way shape or form
Sorry about that. But still the royal 1s which haven't retro'd since 2001 is more sought than the bred 13. So many resellers got the 13 breds around here you could find pairs for 200. Only $20-30 profit for them. The royals will not be like that for sure.

I don't even think it's hype though. The facts are on the table.

-About 25,000 or less pairs made.
-Some stores that had the Knicks 1's aren't getting them.
-NDC isn't releasing them, NTs only.
-Footlockers with HOH will be releasing them but most of those stores received 30 pairs, if that.
-Pre-Orders already up to $300 :smh:

I'm not saying these will be impossible too get but even if you did your homework & handed it in on time, there's still a good chance you might fail the test on 2/16.

Last edited:
I don't even think it's hype though. The facts are on the table.

-About 25,000 or less pairs made.
-Some stores that had the Knicks 1's aren't getting them.
-NDC isn't releasing them, NTs only.
-Footlockers with HOH will be releasing them but must of those store received 30 pairs at most.
-Pre-Orders already up to $300
mean.gif

I'm not saying these will be impossible too get but even if you did your homework & handed it in on time, there's still a good chance you might fail the test on 2/16.
repped

facts are facts ..

and to many, including myself this is the drop of the YEAR ... 

Just called DTLR.

"Are you getting the royal 1s on the 16th? I was told you would know by today."

"Idk, maybe. If they're a General Release." 

"She hangs up"

I'm so mad, because these have 400 different labels. Limited being one of them, so im traveling to all my stores later to see whats up with the final consensus

Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom