Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Fella's,

As Promised I Snapped Off A Few Quick Shots This Morning Before Work Of An OG 1985 And This 2013 Retro Comparison.... I Was Forced To Use A Camera Phone So Please Do Forgive The Low Quality Of The Pics..... As I Had Mentioned, The Royal Color On This New Retro Is WAY Off As Compared To The OG's But That Really Doesn't Come Thru In Most Of These Pics.... Biggest Noticeable Difference Other Than That Is The Height Comparison
eek.gif
*NOTE* The OG 1985 Pair Has A White Label Tongue (This Practically DS Pair Of Mine Had A Tagging Mistake At Factory Level During Production And Came With One White Tage And One Blue Tag)..... These '85's Are Also A Size 11.5 Where As My 2013 Retro's Are A 9.5.... Hoping These Shots Help Give An Idea Of The Differences And Honestly How Much The Shoe Has Changed Over The Year (JB Did A Decent Job On This Retro, Don't Get Me Wrong).

*For Those Of You Complaining About Wrinkles On The Sides Of Your DS 2013's...... Keep In Mind, OG's Had Them Too
wink.gif

All In All, I Would Say JB Did A Decent Job On This Retro Release With Exception Of These Production Numbers
sick.gif
...... I Mentioned Before I Was A Bit UNDERWHELMED After Having These In Hands But I Honestly Think That's Just Due To Having 2 Pairs Of Royal 85's In Excellent Condition
grin.gif
Looking Forward To Picking Up Another 9.5 From My Connection Here Later This Week And Hopefully Another Pair Or Two From This Other Shop Supposed To Release Them This Week As Well
nerd.gif

Hope These Comparisons Helped Fella's
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

***SIDE NOTE**** - If Anyone Is Planning To Beat The **** Out Of These And Doesn't Care Anything For The Box, I Am Looking For An 11.5 Box And A Size 10 As Well To Store My OG's In..... Also Needing A Size 10 Chicago 1 Box As Well For Some OG's And Will Be Needing A Banned 1 Box For My Pair Of Original Banneds That Are Showing Up Today.... Any Help Or Donations Would Be MUUUUUCH Appreciated By Myself AND These Crispy OG's!!!!
Thanks for the pics! I know the quality doesn't compare to the OGs or the 94s but I actually prefer the shape of the '13.  Also, is the sole more narrow on the OGs compared to the 13s? Looks that way in the pic.

can you pm me the polish site that sent confirmation?cause i sent in most of them and as i explained before they nevere shipped to greece,now they ship to the us?

Btw I'm not a reseller I just helped out other people that were very interested in $275 price point. I'm still looking for my size. 8.5. Been on the hunt non-stop for under $240 price. Doesn't seem likely at all but $100 over retail is enough for me

If you just PM'ed me hold up. I need your PayPal email btw. I just messaged him. He's not US based so you need to give me a moment. He provides tracking # and is shipping them out as fast as he can.

$275 he last told me he had 11,11.5,12 left

Nothin confirmed yet... he said he will calculate the currency exchange and get back at me tomorrow morning.... hope he hooks me up he's in the thread but not going to disclose his name he will get blowned up lol :smokin

P.S: New member as well :smokin

Don't put your business out there.....

You and he are about to get smoked for that price

If you just PM'ed me hold up. I need your PayPal email btw. I just messaged him. He's not US based so you need to give me a moment. He provides tracking # and is shipping them out as fast as he can.

$275 he last told me he had 11,11.5,12 left

lol at not reselling...

First time post long time lurker, I've been acquiring J's since early 00' when the retro craze started.  I haven't seen anthing like this since the cool greys xi were first released in 01'.  I intend to ingratiate myself soon enough but does anybody out there have a ends to a sz 8.  Any sites please pm me. 

I think it's a bit misleading to compare the height of an 11.5 vs a 9.5. Overall, the 2013 appears to be just about as tall as the OG, and significantly taller than the 2001. The shape of the 2013 is certainly truer than the 2001's, even with the choice to matte down the blue a bit which isn't something I personally care about. I'd argue that this is about as close to an original colorway retro as you'll see from Nike since when they were still working with original molds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom