Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creased up shoe = beater

I fold up socks and wear over my foot... Been doing it for 10+ years. My feet are just used to it I guess

1's are definitely the worst, you have to be extra dilligent in the placing of socks/shields to get them not to crease.

All the guys saying creases give a shoe character... Do y'all clean your shoes after you wear them or is that a no no as well?

Don't we all like our shoes to stay fresh as long as possible right?

Yeah depends on the shoe for me tho..
I wear some of my Js whooped just to switch up my style..it gives it that Hipster/Vintage look..specially if I go to school in S.F I'm surrounded with a bunch of Hips..

The whining should be banned.

MN saying very limited, take it for what it's worth.

Just don't be that sad face on the 16th.

I think Ye pics should be banned.

All in favor?
Unless its got Kim's backside in it, I'm willing to let it pass 
happy.gif

I remember these kicks as a kid. I skated and beat these to death. Tommy Guerrero of the Bones Brigade rockin Black and Royal with custom aqua green paint. circa 1986.  Can't wait til the 16th!!

tommyguerrero1986_378209.jpg

Rep for this...

That right there is what I think of when I see Jordan 1's...

My brother was all about skating in the 80's and I remember one summer (Had to be around 86') he spent $80 of money he had earned from mowing lawns on three pairs of 1's (Two pairs of Black / Reds and a pair of the White / Grey) and a Hosoi Rising Sun Deck...I remember my mom flipping out that he spent that much cash and getting even more pissed a couple months later when she noticed what he had done to the shoes :lol:...By the time I got into skating it was all about DC, eS', and Adio kicks...

So yeah I thinks it's safe to say I'm copping x2...Purchased two extra pairs of Playoff XI's so I could use them as trade / sell them for funds if needed...Been planning ahead for this and the 16th can't get here soon enough...

For those that don't know...

Lance Mountain wearing Black / Royal 1 on left foot and White / Carolina 1 on the right foot = 8)

Last edited:
Bro the thirst is understood. Been plotting since announced on the 1st thread.

These will be had. I refuse to see it any other way

Another from Joe La Puma of Complex.

I think that's his second wear, if so
mean.gif
at the toebox creasing like that already.
creasing is fine by me.... i just want them noooooow!
shoes crease, end of story, just wear em and stuff them to original specs when you put them away simple
THIS!
Dude has those shoes tied tight that's probably why they creased so quickly. Most dudes wear them loose so you don't see this effect so fast.
ahhh touche ... excellent observation
Really hope they come with black laces too don't like the look with the blue
hmmm in joe la puma's pic it had black laces, while in russ bengtson's pic it had blue

Last edited:
why are people complaining about shoes being creased? some of you guys act like you never seen a crease on a shoe before

Thought I was the only one who trimmed my sneaker shields those things are uncomfortable otherwise

Def not alone my dude. I cut out the little toe section and and about 1/4 inch off around the bottom. Completely changed the feel. Now it just feels like I'm wearing a half size down.

Creases are fine in sneakers in my opinion, as long as I created them.

Now when they come pre-creased when you buy them, then THAT'S when I have a problem.

Otherwise I'm cool.

Rep for this...

That right there is what I think of when I see Jordan 1's...

My brother was all about skating in the 80's and I remember one summer (Had to be around 86') he spent $80 of money he had earned from mowing lawns on three pairs of 1's (Two pairs of Black / Reds and a pair of the White / Grey) and a Hosoi Rising Sun Deck...I remember my mom flipping out that he spent that much cash and getting even more pissed a couple months later when she noticed what he had done to the shoes
laugh.gif
...By the time I got into skating it was all about DC, eS', and Adio kicks...

So yeah I thinks it's safe to say I'm copping x2...Purchased two extra pairs of Playoff XI's so I could use them as trade / sell them for funds if needed...Been planning ahead for this and the 16th can't get here soon enough...

For those that don't know...
Lance Mountain wearing Black / Royal 1 on left foot and White / Carolina 1 on the right foot =
glasses.gif
I watched the Bones Brigade documentary on Netflix, and it was one of the best things I watched on Netflix. I always respected Tony, but I never knew how dope Rodney Mullen was.

so idont get out of topic royal blues are dope........ rodney mullen is dope i remember the mullen vs dae won song days ..... oh the royals are dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom