Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
better than the leather they put on the chi's
That was NOT leather that they put on the chi's.

Really hope i can get my two pairs on rd. Won't be able to catch any of the restock if any since i have to travel the day after. Kind of regret not getting the preoder from osneaker.

Last edited:
Damn that mean my local mom and pop ain't getting these..:smh: I will still check tho...

These been a loooooong time coming for me.. I missed out last time.. Aint had them since 86. Hahahahahahahaha.. My grails. For sure

these are looking hott! deff gon try to scoop a pair for retail!! :D are these for sure droppin on the 16th tho?

That was NOT leather that they put on the chi's.

Really hope i can get my two pairs on rd. Won't be able to catch any of the restock if any since i have to travel the day after. Kind of regret not getting the preoder from osneaker.

It's definitely leather, you just don't like the type of leather. "Pleather" and "fake leather" don't change the fact that the material is indeed a real leather, just not the kind of leather you're looking for.

Way to misquote me. Clearly I was saying that whatever term you want to use doesn't change the fact that it's leather. You may call it "fake leather" but it is real leather, just not the type most people want. Wax or other finishing substances may coat a leather too creating shines and finishes that don't look "natural", but I've seen no evidence that Nike is using polymeric synthetics on any retro. If someone can prove otherwise, go for it, but time and time again people claim "it's not real leather" when it is. Same thing on the Cement IVs last year. That's real leather as well.

cannot wait for these. i had the patent leather ones in gold/blk red/blk/wht and unc blu . even the ones in all white and low top. retroed back in 01-02 . definately goin to cop these right here

It's definitely leather, you just don't like the type of leather. "Pleather" and "fake leather" don't change the fact that the material is indeed a real leather, just not the kind of leather you're looking for.
This is the reason why jb has been short changing us on quality. No one knows or cares for the difference anymore. Not even going to get into it any further after this response.

Please, if it's not leather do inform us what material it is. I'd love to get a name of the material out of you rather than your arrogance while not providing an answer. I never said it was as high of quality as some rich, full-grain leather, but Nike has switched to lesser quality leather on almost all retros, Jordan or otherwise. In fact, many of their current releases use cheaper leather too like this too. That's pretty much been the name of the game in the sneaker market for the past decade. It's all about profits.

Is $300 for DS 2001 Royal Blue 1's a good deal or is the price gonna drop when they release them in Feb?
I say it's a good price. I think the lowest i've been able to find throughout the years was $350 with a bit of yellowing. Actually i would take the deal if i could.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom