:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Well I told him to bill me. PayPal said it was a bill not a money transfer, but I think it was. Either way he claimed it was a service, that way I can't get my money back through a PayPal claim. I also prolly won't get my money back from the bank since I did authorize the transaction and they can't get their money back from him.

He sent me and the other dude the same tracking number. He did some fraudulent mail activity for sure as the package moved over Illinois and Iowa in a weird fashion. I even went to the post office as it said it was delivered to my house but I wasn't there to pick it up. The guy at the post office printed out a history of my package since he couldn't find it and he couldn't make sense of what happened. I

Ohh well now I will make sure to know the difference between a bill and a money transfer and to check if he described it as a service.

$240 gone
30t6p3b.gif

I don't quite understand your story, but you also can file a claim with Paypal saying you didn't receive the package.

My bad I am on my phone. I ain't got no internet right now.Basically he covered all his bases. He sent a money request not a bill and he told PayPal it was a service not an item. PayPal denied my claim because of those two reasons. I went to the bank, they said since I authorized the payment there is little they can do. But they did file a different type of claim just in case (can't remember the name, but it was better than nothing)He sent me and the other guy he ripped off a tracking number with a package that went all over the place (some fraudulent type #+%!).Moral I want to get out there. When you pay for anything over PayPal, make sure the guy sends you a bill and not a money transfer request. I now know the difference. Also make sure the bill says you are ordering a product, not a service. That way you can get your money back.I'm just putting sneaker heads in the know, so it doesn't happen to you. And i will put him on blast in my sign when I am on a computer.As for the guys trying to help me out in my inbox. Thanks, truly appreciated, I will reply when i am on a computer since pm don't work on the phone.

another thing to take note of is to ALWAYS ask for references before you do business on here. I looked up the guy and he minimal posts and was a new member. Most of the time that means show the most caution before proceeding.

^i never even taught about asking for references. Thanks!

I have bought pairs from lurkers with no problem until now. His join date was 05 though.....

Also I assumed you had to be truly bout it to know of this site. I have been a sneaker head since I was 15 and been collecting a few kicks here and there since I was 10 and never heard of this site until when i was 20 and just joined not to long ago even though my 23rd is on Thursday.

But a lot of this is from my own ignorance and i am mad at myself the most. Especially being from Chicago. I never thought the first time I'd be taken for my kicks was online. :[ I'm feeling salty as hell right now.

LOL at resellers thinking this was going to go for $350-$400... Even more to people who bough them close to that price.

Looking around this is a resellers flop and see them going for $200 the lowest on CL.

Originally Posted by melofan15

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by apthekid

Skip, where you from?  Where did a Niketown close down??  That definitely must suck...I would have thought that Niketowns, like McDonalds or gas stations, are pretty much ALWAYS profitable, and thus, fail-proof.  Apparently not...
he probably means Chicago. Niketown Chicago is closed until fall for repairs. the only plus is that theyre finally putting an ID studio in there 
pimp.gif

nah he's talking about miami. closed permanently
30t6p3b.gif
never even got to try my luck with the  new twitter rsvp
Yep. I guess it just wasn't bringing in enough money. Rent must have been expensive as hell where they had it, and it honestly seemed like stuff never sold there unless it was Jordans or other limited stuff.

To the people that got scammed.... I almost got scammed a month ago on a pair of WCIV from a guy from the "other site". He said he mailed it out and I never received it and he said he'd check the mail. Totally thought he was screwing with me.... I called paypal to file a claim and it turns out I accidentally sent him a personal payment without having the fees taken out. I explained the situation to the guy that it was an error and he put me on hold. He came back and told me he believed me based on my stellar paypal history and quote said "I can see this isn't your first rodeo" I LOL'ed. He put a hold on the sellers funds until he provided a tracking number which he eventually did and I did get my shoes in the end. He put the wrong address down on the label in the first place.

Cliff Notes....

Call paypal they will work with the buyer even if you didn't pay with the fees taken out whats the worst that can happen?

I am going for my CPA too good luck man!

speaking of getting scammed on these cav 4s... my friend (not into sneakers like us) who came with me to my local shop when i picked up my pair, got a sz 10 to "see what he could get" for them. the guy at the shop wasent going to give me a 2nd pair so i told him to go ahead and get them.

Long story short after someone picked up his buy it now auction on ebay for $350, they send him the money along with a few messages asking to ship the pair to a different address then in the paypal account information. My friend being fairly ebay savvy ignored this message and sent the pair to the original address as he had already recieved the payment.

Just yesterday he was contacted by paypal saying that the funds would never be sent as the paypal and ebay account had both been hacked by someone with a brooklyn address. He ended up recieving the 350 from paypal and were not working on contacting the people at the address to attempt to get the package back.

Could work out in our/his favor but interesting that there were multiple stories on people scamming on this pair.

Originally Posted by Boader254

speaking of getting scammed on these cav 4s... my friend (not into sneakers like us) who came with me to my local shop when i picked up my pair, got a sz 10 to "see what he could get" for them. the guy at the shop wasent going to give me a 2nd pair so i told him to go ahead and get them.

Long story short after someone picked up his buy it now auction on ebay for $350, they send him the money along with a few messages asking to ship the pair to a different address then in the paypal account information. My friend being fairly ebay savvy ignored this message and sent the pair to the original address as he had already recieved the payment.

Just yesterday he was contacted by paypal saying that the funds would never be sent as the paypal and ebay account had both been hacked by someone with a brooklyn address. He ended up recieving the 350 from paypal and were not working on contacting the people at the address to attempt to get the package back.

Could work out in our/his favor but interesting that there were multiple stories on people scamming on this pair.
It's not just the cavs.. Jordan scams been happening since Michael came out of his mother's womb!

Good thing I don't have to worry about any of that since I'm going to be wearing my pair
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Remedial

Well, since my inquiries on which stores had RSVP and whether EB had a restock fell upon deaf ears, I'd like to comment on the Niketown closings.  Living in Miami where ours just closed, my belief is that it wasn't feasible to keep that location open because the traffic is almost nil on days not associated with a special release.  That coupled with the fact that the sneaker game is dominated by folks searching solely for special drops, the cost of leasing a space and paying an entire staff to basically babysit a store until the next major drop is futile.
I've always thought a better business model would have been to have constant restocks of the special releases (in small amounts, of course) while integrating a NikeID studio in every location to satisfy that niche market.  The restocks would keep heads constantly coming through to check for what's gotten replenished this week and the NikeID would definitely be a boon. Then, just round out the locations with services geared towards runners, which I'm sure is the next tier of their customerbase.  Treadmills for testing shoes, devices for determining the best shoe for each customer, etc...

I know some of us would frown on the constant restock model I mentioned, but, honestly, I think that Nike's own forced exclusivity and shortened supply is hurting the company and the buyer.  When you know you have to compete with cats who are trying to get 5-10 pairs of a shoe to resell and you can't even get one, either you're going to work harder, pay outrageous reseller prices or quit.  I'm sure most folks just quit, as I have at times in the past.  With this model, even if you go into NT and don't find the particular sneaker you're dying to have, you might luck up on something else that you may have missed or could use another pair of, thus reinforcing brand allegiance and customer confidence.

With those changes, they'd start having the kind of traffic that you want and then the only other thing would be to train staff so that customers feel welcome and not like the staff is doing them a favor by helping them (which I'm sure we've all experienced) and getting the aforementioned traffic to buy something.  Akin to a car salesman asking what it would take for him to get you into a car today.
The Niketown would have worked if the space wasn't so big. The rent and the staffing must have killed them. Also, it sucked to pay for parking there.

Originally Posted by allonakaoak

Good thing I don't have to worry about any of that since I'm going to be wearing my pair
grin.gif
wore mine out of the store, no issues for me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggah

What happened ? How you get scammed ?

Well I told him to bill me. PayPal said it was a bill not a money transfer, but I think it was. Either way he claimed it was a service, that way I can't get my money back through a PayPal claim. I also prolly won't get my money back from the bank since I did authorize the transaction and they can't get their money back from him. He sent me and the other dude the same tracking number. He did some fraudulent mail activity for sure as the package moved over Illinois and Iowa in a weird fashion. I even went to the post office as it said it was delivered to my house but I wasn't there to pick it up. The guy at the post office printed out a history of my package since he couldn't find it and he couldn't make sense of what happened. I Ohh well now I will make sure to know the difference between a bill and a money transfer and to check if he described it as a service.$240 gone
30t6p3b.gif
call your bank and explain that someone else got a hold of your paypal log-in info and used it to make a unauthorized purchase. you then will have to get in contact with the fraud department of your bank. you'll have to put it in writing and then fax over to them. once they receive it, they will give you a full refund. it happened to me when someone scammed me for 275 for DS DMP XIs a few years ago. I filed a claim with my bank and got my money back. What sucks is that Paypal placed my account 275 in the negative and said that even though I didnt get what I paid for, I at least got something in the mail and should be glad (I got a used dirty camo hat instead of my shoes). I proceeded to curse the customer service rep out for her rudeness and told her where to go stick that Paypal account 
pimp.gif
God, do I hate paypal. They're colluding with these scammers

That's crazy bro !! I hate hearing that cause we all in it for the love of kicks. Now I understand why nt strict about this stuff. My dude both you guys gotta go through with that mail fraud. I know no one wants to go through that but damn. He doesent realize cops don't play with mail fraud. Datz a federal charge that you don't want. Give this goof a heads up that that's your next step and if he knows what's good you better see a credit back in your acct in an hr. hope your %!% works out for you guys.

I should've but idk how detailed the investigation would be. I am about to become a CPA and I don't need police in my life.

I hear that !!! No one needs that in There life !
Excellent idea, you complain to the post office online or just mention it, you'll get your money back

I can't believe I got scammed. Found out another user did too.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope some will be availaibe on the 11th or so of June when i get my next check.

That sucks bro, put him on blast

I will put his userpic and user name on my sign when i get internet back. I am on my phone. But his user name is dipsetkid44 his real name is Joseph Martin but he goes by Jo.
I need this kids info. I am currently investigating an Joseph Martin in Houston for theft. 

WOW!!!scammers are all over the place now,,make sure do your homework fellas and NEVER EVER SEND YOUR FUNDS as a GIFT,USE PayPal,i dont care who they are,how long they've been with NT,,and TRUST your INSTINCT!!!These SCAMBAG are out there to ruin the game and STEAL your money and shoes.

Originally Posted by BayArea23

LOL at resellers thinking this was going to go for $350-$400... Even more to people who bough them close to that price.

Looking around this is a resellers flop and see them going for $200 the lowest on CL.

screw that price brah!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^ if ur willing to pay it then better act quick homie cuz by the time u wait for responses..dudes on here gonna cop and ur gonna be SOL..

^^Exactly. Good price for now. Most are going for a bit more. Only time will tell where the price of these finally falls. Either sky high or right around $200...IMO they will be right around here. I think there are more pairs out there than people think..

These have always reminded me of the Knicks V's that I think Anderson was wearing for a while there some years ago...the CW works much better in V's...these just have no appeal to me...matte that suede to begin with...

Back
Top Bottom