:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Some people have made this a job, I don't understand people who camp out all night and buy up sizes then turn around to the same people who waited all night with you and try to make a profit, you have to be totally heartless to pull a stunt like that. It's becoming a trend, these shoes are posted all over Ebay, literally hundreds of shoes bought for the purpose of reselling.

Originally Posted by The7onius

Some people have made this a job, I don't understand people who camp out all night and buy up sizes then turn around to the same people who waited all night with you and try to make a profit, you have to be totally heartless to pull a stunt like that. It's becoming a trend, these shoes are posted all over Ebay, literally hundreds of shoes bought for the purpose of reselling.

Funny how people camped out 24 hours for this and sell them for $100-$150 profit.... Pretty much getting paid less than minimum wage for this. Not the kind of job you wanna get. $150/24hrs = $6.25 per hour. Is it even worth it? And I've heard people who actually camped out 48 hours for this. SMH...

Originally Posted by 916kid

did anyone get their shoes shipped from FNL using the 15% discount code? sorry if this was answer before.
It seems like the people who used Credit Cards got their shoes shipped, sounds like the paypal peeps got screwed.

Originally Posted by sakibomb523

did anyone get their shoes shipped from FNL using the 15% discount code? sorry if this was answer before.
It seems like the people who used Credit Cards got their shoes shipped, sounds like the paypal peeps got screwed.

I tried using the code but it didn't work, at least mine got shipped and I did use CC to buy

Originally Posted by sakibomb523

I payed with PayPal and my order is complete.Funny thing is I made three orders, one at 8:01, 8:03, and 8:07. The last one is the one that went through and the first two still say pending in my PayPal and I never received any confirmation email for the two.Ill be calling them up today.

my two size 12s shipped from finishline yesterday they will be here by tomorrow I paid with a cc. and the size 6 from footlocker also shipped no delivery date yet tho..

Originally Posted by BayArea23

Can you some how make a report to Nike if you find out 1 of the stores that has a Nike account turns around and sell their shoes for more than retail?
No, retailers can sell the sneakers for whatever they want.  That's why the price tag on the box label is perforated and easy to remove.  That's also why it's the MSRP (Manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price).

Dudes is gettin applauded for ridiculous reselling prices on Niketalk...that hurts my heart. I hold NT as one of the few "pure" remaining sneaker forums...clearly not the case.

sad day...and before somebody says something stupid like I'm just mad cuz I didn't cop...Best believe I ALWAYS get what I want...retail. I've only paid over retail 4 times...

Originally Posted by apthekid

Dudes is gettin applauded for ridiculous reselling prices on Niketalk...that hurts my heart. I hold NT as one of the few "pure" remaining sneaker forums...clearly not the case.

sad day...and before somebody says something stupid like I'm just mad cuz I didn't cop...Best believe I ALWAYS get what I want...retail. I've only paid over retail 4 times...

this.  i came in here to see what has been new since the release and maybe see some dope pics and instead find this.  pathetic.  

How long does it take a pending charge from finish line to go away if the order didn't go through? I saw one guy on here say it took over a month, but I'm hoping that was just a freak occurrence 

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

this.  i came in here to see what has been new since the release and maybe see some dope pics and instead find this.  pathetic.  
yea I honestly thought it was a joke or something but I guess not. 

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program...the kicks! congrats to those that got em...I'm glad I copped 2 pairs!

cab16e6be3d15b905b8df450da21901838d020f4_r.jpg

Nice pic ^^^ I didn't want these but that pic above has me hoping the blk/reds will be done with this quality now I really can't wait till November

QFT
frown.gif

Just got my shipping confirmation from Eastbay. Btw has one tried calling finishline to apply the discount code after their orders have been shipped. I don't think I've seen an answer to this question. If its been answered, my bad.

It's funny how people complain about resellers.. Yet half this thread people are saying they sold them for 300+ lol SMH should have gave other people a chance to cop....
I thought I was mad because I paid 220$ for these lol

Its mostly these 90s babies that shouldn't be allowed to join this forum. But I was apalled to see some respected vets on here giving props. Disgusting. Glad I'm almost out of the game and completed my collection.

Originally Posted by The7onius

Many are on facebook and post on this forum also. I'm not going to knock their hustle because they actually are making money in a legit way, but Buyers and Nike could avoid giving them profit. Until people that missed out on a hyped up release all refuse to pay over retail after the fact, resellers will live.

First off I'm 26 been in this "shoe game" for more than half my life... Been on niketalk since like 6 months after it initially started up... This is like my 3rd screen name... Back when Cameron Nelson would always delay pics of his Saturn... Back when pharrell was spotted in his Enzo then EVERYONE spotted him... Back when dj bana was takin pics wit shaq... I'm not even close to being new here... I do work 40 hours a week and have connects at shoe stores and because I spend a lot of $$ wit them.. They take car of me in return.. So I as able to buy 5 outta total 12 pairs they received... Ppl that say its less than minimum wage.. Ur factoring in 1 pair... Times that price by 2,3,4.....anyways back to the shoes... I LOVE MY PAIRS!!!!

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

First off I'm 26 been in this "shoe game" for more than half my life... Been on niketalk since like 6 months after it initially started up... This is like my 3rd screen name... Back when Cameron Nelson would always delay pics of his Saturn... Back when pharrell was spotted in his Enzo then EVERYONE spotted him... Back when dj bana was takin pics wit shaq... I'm not even close to being new here... I do work 40 hours a week and have connects at shoe stores and because I spend a lot of $$ wit them.. They take car of me in return.. So I as able to buy 5 outta total 12 pairs they received... Ppl that say its less than minimum wage.. Ur factoring in 1 pair... Times that price by 2,3,4.....anyways back to the shoes... I LOVE MY PAIRS!!!!

You just mentioned some old school names there. I remember back in the day when OG NTers were posting pictures n pictures of multiple pairs such as the Concord release in Fall 2000 for example and no one even mentioned or assumed you were a reseller. Nowadays, someone post more than 3 pairs of IV CAVS and you're already accused of being a reseller. How times have changed. Ive got 4 pairs coming in. 1 for me and 3 for some friends who I offered to cop for them so they wouldnt have to wake up. I bet if I post all 4 up I'll be labeled a reseller. Resellers will live on because the people who missed out will always be willing to buy their pairs above retail. It will never stop unless it's boycotted.

Back
Top Bottom