:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by apthekid

Dudes is gettin applauded for ridiculous reselling prices on Niketalk...that hurts my heart. I hold NT as one of the few "pure" remaining sneaker forums...clearly not the case.

sad day...and before somebody says something stupid like I'm just mad cuz I didn't cop...Best believe I ALWAYS get what I want...retail. I've only paid over retail 4 times...

Its mostly these 90s babies that shouldn't be allowed to join this forum. But I was apalled to see some respected vets on here giving props. Disgusting. Glad I'm almost out of the game and completed my collection.

It really is sad.
But its only gonna get worse as the releases of the summer add fuel to reseller prices (Obsidian 12s, Olympic 6s, GMP pack, Fire Red 4s, etc.

I was able to cop another size 11 from eastbay.

Call them and see if they have any cancelled orders.

Good luck.

Its a new school in here on Niketalk..  I remember waiting for Snuggles or EKIN to drop info and they always used to come through.  No teaser pics or BS like that either, just legitimate info.  I remember people trying to figure out who Snuggles and EKIN were lol

Alright the guy I ambuying off is not answering and is probably ripping me off. I will file a Paypal dispute. Does anyone have any more sz 11-11.5?

Markets change, the game changes, life goes on.  I actually appreciate the secondary market.  I'm old as h@#.  I'm not going stand in anyone's line for a shoe...ANY shoe.  So, between here, CL, ebay..etc...IF you're patient, you can find a good deal.  Patience is the key.  If you have to have the shoe today, then you will pay through the nose.  But, if you can wait, there are a slew of deals to be had.  Especially with these guys who purchase the shoe and have absolutely no interest in anything but turning a profit.  

the sad thing is that resellers don't understand that true sneakerheads who want to cop and wear are getting screwed over in all this. All the resellers want is money and they don't think about those who actually wanna cop and rock. BUT as sneakerheads if we want the cavs should we buy them off resellers for $300+? Would it stop the problem if people stopped buying for over retail? I bought a pair of cavs for myself and the 6 dudes in the front of the line were all CLEARLY resellers they scooped the pearls and threw them on eBay right in front of everybody *smh
We all know re sellers will camp for 24 hours like its their job b/c it pretty much is their job. The only way we can stop it is by not buying for $300+ so they'll be stuck with some J's which they obviously won't wear and like a lot of you guys have seen they will re list the shoe for less money.  But I don't know the exact solution I think it differs for each person and how much they are willing to pay for a new release and what they think is a good deal.

Like the dude above me says if we you just wait eventually you'll find a descent deal but some people don't have patience and what might be a good deal to someone else might be a horrible deal to another dude...  

Sickest release yet this year ... Best new colorway by far in years if not ever (besides the OG colorways of course)

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

We all know re sellers will camp for 24 hours like its their job b/c it pretty much is their job. The only way we can stop it is by not buying for $300+ so they'll be stuck with some J's which they obviously won't wear. I don't know though it's a big problem but with any business you'll hit a roadblock and business won't be flourishing but as of right now... resellers are "Ca$hin out"

false, dumb resellers or people without jobs do that.

i spent exactly 1 hour, doing all this, i drove to the mom and pop before they opened, bought all the pairs i wanted, went to FC and dropped them off
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

Its a new school in here on Niketalk..  I remember waiting for Snuggles or EKIN to drop info and they always used to come through.  No teaser pics or BS like that either, just legitimate info.  I remember people trying to figure out who Snuggles and EKIN were lol
I really miss Snuggles and his initial pics of upcoming releases. It was because of his pics I got hyped over certain releases like the Fire Red Vs, Military IVs, and Grape Vs. In fact, I remember the Grape thread in 2006 had more hype than any shoe that had been released in previous years before it.

You know what's funny?  People act as if being a reseller and a sneaker head are mutually exclusive.  Just take a look at everyone signature in this thread.  EVERYONE is selling shoes.  We are the problem.  The shoes get hyped up.  People who have no interest in shoes become interested because there is money to be made.  The result is that you have grandmas and grandpas standing in line for the next release.  This makes it harder for people who want the shoe to actually wear to get the shoe.  Those people end up missing out and purchasing from grandma and grandpa, thus reinforcing their standing in line.  And the cycle continues.... Case in point.  I know we notice shoes.  We're on a shoe forum so we notice shoes.  To me, there seems to be a discrepancy between the effort it takes to obtain Jordans and the amount you see people wearing on the street.  It seems like everyone and their mother wants Jordans and this is reflected in how hard it is to purchase them on release date.  But then you look around, and I don't see a ton of people wearing Jordans where I'm at.  I walk through the mall and kids don't have Jordans on.  Where are they going?  It's grandma and grandpa buying them up and throwing them on Ebay, CL..etc....and the cycle continues
roll.gif

Originally Posted by lockdown36

I was able to cop another size 11 from eastbay.

Call them and see if they have any cancelled orders.

Good luck.
I just tried calling and they said they're not allowed to tell me if they have any cancelled orders.

Originally Posted by air4life

You know what's funny?  People act as if being a reseller and a sneaker head are mutually exclusive.  Just take a look at everyone signature in this thread.  EVERYONE is selling shoes.  We are the problem.  
roll.gif

Come on bro a majority of us are selling to get rid of em for one reason or the other but some who are selling shoes in sigs doesn't make them the problem chill

I just called to try to get my FIRST pair. Eastbay got nothin left. SMH at those calling around to cop multiples when theres dudes like me feenin for one pair to rock this summer

I waited in line four hours. Kept a size 9 for me and sold three others for $235 a pair after shipping/paypal costs. I left Champs/Footlocker/Jimmy Jazz with $680 in receipts for four pairs.

Off the three pairs I sold, that totaled $705.

I do this to get my (fourth) pair for free. My pair. It works without charging rape and helps out other NTers who didn't get pairs.

Originally Posted by DEpast

I waited in line four hours. Kept a size 9 for me and sold three others for $235 a pair after shipping/paypal costs. I left Champs/Footlocker/Jimmy Jazz with $680 in receipts for four pairs.

I do this to get my (fourth) pair for free. My pair. It works without charging rape and helps out other NTers who didn't get pairs.
can't wait for the flaming or "reseller" comments.  so where do people draw the line as being excessive? i mean $235 seems high to some, but better than $300 right?  people are always gonna be critical no matter what others do..

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

can't wait for the flaming or "reseller" comments.  so where do people draw the line as being excessive? i mean $235 seems high to some, but better than $300 right?  people are always gonna be critical no matter what others do..

What I don't understand is this:

Why do NTers expect to get a limited shoe for retail shipped hours after a release when they didn't do their homework or their spot sold out?

Is it fair to request $40 to $50 for knowing sources, waiting sometimes for hours, why others just missed out on their computer?

At some point, I have to make a little money to make it worth buying multiple pairs and worse case scenario, bringing my wife with me to releases (she hates shoes, have to drag her out of the house sometimes).

The three NTers that are getting my pairs for $235 will be happy, I'll tell you that.

How did you get your fourth pair free?

705-680 = $25...

What one man thinks is worth X amount of dollars may not be the same as what another man thinks is worth X amount of dollars. It's the same with any in demand product out there that people purchase and then markup the price for profit. It's "the American way" as the saying goes. We can lead our crusades all we want, but at the end of the day who are we to tell another man/woman how to spend their money? If that person puts in work and flips what they purchased, more power to them. If some person decides to pay $300 for a pair of shoes they like, more power to them. Getting that to stop completely isn't going to happen. It's naive to think otherwise.

If people want to make a difference, put your money where your mouth is and help others out when you can. Unfortunately we live in a world where everyone wants to be "hooked up," but when it's time to return the favor, very few do it which is why this sneaker s hit is what it is today. Hooked up a NTer with the size 13 that I saw at a local spot Saturday afternoon. Do I expect to have someone come along and save the day when I miss on a release because of that? I'm skeptical. It is what it is though. I'm not necessarily going to break my back to save the day for others, but when it takes minimal effort, passing along the good fortune isn't exactly a chore if it means helping someone out. Trying to paint this entire "resellers are bad, they're ruining the game" picture as if it's that simple though is borderline foolish. Areas of grey exist with every situation.

Boasting about prices that shoes are being sold for though, that's another thing all together...

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

We all know re sellers will camp for 24 hours like its their job b/c it pretty much is their job. The only way we can stop it is by not buying for $300+ so they'll be stuck with some J's which they obviously won't wear. I don't know though it's a big problem but with any business you'll hit a roadblock and business won't be flourishing but as of right now... resellers are "Ca$hin out"

false, dumb resellers or people without jobs do that.

i spent exactly 1 hour, doing all this, i drove to the mom and pop before they opened, bought all the pairs i wanted, went to FC and dropped them off
pimp.gif

who can be mad at that? I spent about 15 minutes ordering these from my phone as I laid in bed saturday morning. got lucky and order went thru easily. I don't particularly like them so I plan to sit on them and use them as trade bait for a pair I really do want. I know I'm not always gonna be able to cop as easily as I did online so if i miss out on that gold medal 6/7 this summer trust i'll be taking these to flightclub and use those proceeds to get the 7s.

Resellers. I'm my own worst enemy. But it's a necessary evil in my eyes.

Originally Posted by lockdown36

How did you get your fourth pair free?

705-680 = $25...

He made $705 and paid $680, so he got his pair free and an extra $25.

Back
Top Bottom