:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Only reason I think Nike called these the Cavs has to be because Melo didn't want to wear them.
This is a Knicks colorway and we all know how much MJ loved putting on a show in the Garden.
Had they called them the Knicks there might have been riots for them in NY/NJ.

True.
But people were still calling the Knicks anyways, and they are the same colors.

So I don't think it matters, people were still hype.

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by toneloc83

Originally Posted by jkim5157

I can share some of my opinions on this issue from experience. I am currently selling my collection now because of financial hardship, but not having much luck, even on some of my deadstock sneakers. It might be a great idea at the moment to buy what's hot and in now, but later down the road most of the sneakers lose their hype and depreciate in value. I am very surprised it was going to be this hard to sell old sneakers that are BRAND NEW. For example, I cannot sell my deadstock Olympic 6's (2008) for the life of me. They were the ones that were multi-colored with the embroidering on the toe box. They were "limited" and retailed at $175. I'm lucky if I get $175 back, but I wouldn't get the tax that I paid for back, which was like $15. Basically I lost money and time. After I experienced this, I realized I have purchased many sneakers that were not flying off my shelves as I would like. But, again, I am dealing with people from craigslist 
indifferent.gif
. freakin' hagglers.
I believe some kicks could be used as an investment but that would be a bad example for a shoe used as such.
grin.gif

Agreed. Those are ugly.

MANY traditional "investments" result in losses...that doesn't mean they aren't investments.  Anybody own Ford stock?  Probably not, but it was once a solid investment that has crumbled.  You guys are making the term "investment" and "profitable" interchangeable, which they are not.

Aside from the fact that I specifically used the terms "almost" and "OG"...those (terrible) oly VI's are not OG's...they were also whack when they released and they're whack now. 

Still missing the point like a freethrow shot...

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Only reason I think Nike called these the Cavs has to be because Melo didn't want to wear them.
This is a Knicks colorway and we all know how much MJ loved putting on a show in the Garden.

True.
But people were still calling the Knicks anyways, and they are the same colors.

So I don't think it matters, people were still hype.
I live in NY and i'm in no way knick fan and i had to get these...the colorway makes people turn heads everytime I go out. It does get annoying with all my friends who are knick fans they call them the jordan 4 knicks.

would a trade for a DS pair of cav 4s for a used package of the old love new love bmp 1s be a good deal? who would have the better end of this? and value wise? please help. im considering. not sure if its worth it.

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by Hibb304

Um yeah
all sold out. that wont happen

posts like that are dead giveaways for post boosting...

sunshine, i'm still trying to find you a pair out my way 

actually almost every release hits outlets, they are called b-grades.  it doesnt matter how big or hyped a release is there is always a chance they can show up there...

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

all sold out. that wont happen

actually almost every release hits outlets, they are called b-grades.  it doesnt matter how big or hyped a release is there is always a chance they can show up there...

true, i'll retract my statement.. a lot of em also end up on those websites that charge "reasonable" prices after the hype as died down.. like u said. b grades

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

What don't you people understand?

They're the Cavs 4's because wore the 4 for 'the shot' against the Cavs 23 years ago.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Charles Barkley voice "you NY dudes"

They just do happen to release them in a Cavs colorway, on an anniversary and same week "the shot" happened.

Theres no way they can be Cavs and not Knicks. (sarcastic)

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

They're the Cavs 4's because wore the 4 for 'the shot' against the Cavs 23 years ago.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just turn 23 tomorrow and I know this. Yet I get picked on for being a "kid" in Jordans

Lol at ppl having their own theories on shoe names based off colors... Instead of being on niketalk so much some of y'all need to go to YouTube and watch some Jordan highlights....

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

Lol at ppl having their own theories on shoe names based off colors... Instead of being on niketalk so much some of y'all need to go to YouTube and watch some Jordan highlights....

This

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
jordan-the-shot-2.jpg

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ this whole comment.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just turn 23 tomorrow and I know this. Yet I get picked on for being a "kid" in Jordans

This sentence makes no yet. Your past occurred in the future..Picking up my pair tomorrow for 210. Waited out the hype and win

I got lucky some guy wanted 240 his other buyer fell thru he got desperate and let me get them for 205

Originally Posted by bhakc001

I can't believe I got scammed. Found out another user did too.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope some will be availaibe on the 11th or so of June when i get my next check.
I'm the other guy that got scammed by dipsetkid44 aka Joseph Martin aka martinj1807@gmail.com. He also claimed to be eBay user shoegame_23. FWIW, the origin of the tracking number was Evanston, IL I'll just say it's my fault for trusting him too much. I've done "gift" payment transactions with a few other NT members (before the current rule) in the past, but they were seasoned and had refs. I'll admit I was a bit salty for missing out online and through all the options in my area, and was a bit quick to jump the gun with the price we agreed on - no excuse either way. Big lesson learned and it's on to the next.

I know. I just didn't want to put your name out there. Are you trying to get another pair? I will but I won't get paid till mid June. Ill try to scoop these and the militaries at the same time. If not, at least ill be getting all the OG colors.

Yea I still want A pair but need to prep for a crazy June next month. These seem to be widely available anyhow.

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

Or better yet, full games

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Many different fakes out there. This lil dude didn't even get the high quality fakes.
laugh.gif

here go fakes with the cement fold box...not my pics
http://i689.photobucket.c...v258/md156656/Cavs4s.jpg

and
roll.gif
@ not being able to move 2008 olympic vi's for over retail. Those are a pair of sneakers someone would have to pay me just to take off their hands.

At least fam got a retro card
laugh.gif

The hypebeast in the video paid $99 for a fake? Could have bought the real thing for an extra 60

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

true, i'll retract my statement.. a lot of em also end up on those websites that charge "reasonable" prices after the hype as died down.. like u said. b grades

okay yea b grades, but not any of the store "a-grades" and i they usually come in an orange nike box

Back
Top Bottom