Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Hopefully these get slept on in between the Foam's and all of these ASG/BHM releases. Gonna try my luck with my local spot tomorrow on a preorder. If not I'll take it to the net at midnight next Sat. Worst case scenario I have to wake up the morning of the release and put in a lil work, but one way or another these will be had. Check another one off the list and onto the Playoffs.

These will not be slept on bro.
Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Trust me, these wont get slept on. Many peoples grails, one of the most classic shoes of all time. Not to mention havent been out since 99. More iconic than any bhm or all star shoe will ever be lol. That being said if you do your homework you should be alright

I think I phrased that wrong.  Hopefully there will be less of a hassle than usual.  I'll still score my pair (or pairs, haven't decided for sure yet), but it'd be nice not have to deal with the Concord aftermath where suddenly everyone is into shoes. The days of walking into a store on RD and copping without an issue are a thing of the past.

Calling my spot this morning to place my preorder.  Chances are that should be good enough then I can take the 18th off.  If not, I have no problem putting in work for a release.

Only release I've missed out on lately that I wanted was the Concords and that's because I had to deal with a family situation the morning of RD.  I'll cop those eventually, but I'm not stressing it.

4's are my favorite J of all time and due to not wanting to deal with the headache of crumbling midsoles, I'll be scooping all three OG colorways dropping this year.  As long as these are nothing like those garbage 4's from 06 I'll be satisfied.  From all indications it looks like they're not.

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

anyone know how these fit compared to the recent chi X's in terms of sizing?

I went up half a size on the X's due to them being snug
With these I will be getting my normal true size

Man these are growing on me. I guess I'll take my chances online to grab a pair. If I can't cop, no big deal. On to the Obsidian XII's it will be. Good luck to everyone waiting til release. And congrats to those that chose to secure their pairs a bit early. Enjoy them.

End clothing is full of it too... Couldn't add to the cart... Tried for about an hour with no luck......

SERIOUSLY DUDE
"Please do not share this link as it is only for customers who have e mailed in advance that we wanted to ensure they got the size they wanted "shm
laugh.gif

fam didnt read %+## he just clicked the damn link
30t6p3b.gif

Yo thanks alot man. I saw the email when I was in class and was waiting for my lunch break to cop them. Thanks to you, they sold out with the quickness and will have to rely on another site to cop a pair. Appreciate you following their directions

"Please do not share this link as it is only for customers who have e mailed in advance that we wanted to ensure they got the size they wanted as we expect them to sell out very quickly on the day of launch."

I know you're trying to help. But, the only people you help when you do %%+# like that is people who don't put in any work to get the sneakers. Meanwhile you screw over people who did do work to try to get them.

Originally Posted by air4life

The concords have this whole board traumatized.   We all have PTSD. 

LOL... U HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL,BRUH! I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, BUT EVER SINCE THE CONCORD RELEASE, THE CLIMATE OF THE SNEAKER GAME HAS CHANGED DRASTICALLY. GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN U CAN JUST CASUALLY WAKE UP ON RELEASE DATE, AND SCOOP A PAIR OF YOUR FAVORITE KICKS (GENERAL RELEASES AT THAT.). THE EMERGENCE OF THE INTERNET, RE-SELLERS,AND OVERALL UN-NECESSARY HYPE HAVE CHANGED THINGS FOR THE WORST,IMO. NOW, U GOT CATS LINING UP HOURS (SOMETIMES DAYS) BEFORE THE MALL OPENS FOR A GR SNEAKER....FIRST, IT WAS THE CHICAGO X'S(WHICH I CAN KINDA UNDERSTAND THE ANTICIPATION FOR THESE BEING THAT IT'S THE 1ST RE-RELEASE OF THIS COLORWAY.) THEN THE RED FOAMS( THIS ONE SHOCKED ME,BECAUSE THERE HAS NEVER BEEN MUCH HYPE SURROUNDING FOAMS,ESPECIALLY DOWN HERE IN H-TOWN.)...AND I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW IT WILL BE FOR THE CEMENT IV'S,SMH.
MY ADVISE TO MY FELLOW NT'ERS IS TO DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE, SECURE YOUR CONNECTS,BUILD RELATIONSHIPS IN ADVANCE OF HIGH-PROFILE RELEASES,AND MOST IMPORTANTLY GET UP ON TIME( IF YOU'RE GOIN' THE MALL ROUTE)! THE GAME WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE THE SAME
ohwell.gif
...OH WELL, WE JUST GOTTA ROLL THE THE TIMES, I GUESS. HOLLA...

CED B.

Apparently my local spot majors in A+ customer service/satisfaction. I go there in person about two weeks ago to do a preorder. They say to call over the phone in order to do the preorder a little over a week before release date.

Call them yesterday, they tell me to call back today. Call them when they open, they say they have my size and that they'll take care of me in an hour. Call them back again in an hour and...

"You have to come in person to do the preorder."

roll.gif

Same exact dude who I spoke to two times already. Apparently he rode the short bus to work this morning. Is what it is. At least get your information correct rather than wasting my time.

I'll drop by there after work and see if they still have them.

If not, release date it is.

I don't know the tone some of y'all are typing in, but it seems like some of y'all are mad. Just calm down. If you don't get the shoes, you just don't get them.

Do you guys think that these shoes will have web site crashes? on the main sites like finishline and footlock/eastbay?
and do you think ppl are gonna line up?

Originally Posted by raptors29

I don't know the tone some of y'all are typing in, but it seems like some of y'all are mad. Just calm down. If you don't get the shoes, you just don't get them.

nah this happened in the concord thread people blow up euro spots(in the thread/forum we ALL know or should kno these sites by now) & post the damb link's when the phantom drops happen & lurkers clean them out..the email clearly stated do not share this link & what did he do HE SHARED THE DAMB LINK...

Originally Posted by rabreu84929

Do you guys think that these shoes will have web site crashes? on the main sites like finishline and footlock/eastbay?

deadstockshoes crashed on a preorder(at $215 shipped).... uptempoair had a fsr yesterday(well above retail $260 shipped) & they were all gone in minutes aside from 7.5 & 14.... numb nuts up there posted a private link for a euro pre-order(under retail shipped i think) & they were cleaned out before 9 o clock (a lil over a hr)...& people will def line up... spots in downtown chi sold out @ $200+..... retail will be a whole nother beastin my gbds voice

I'm not steaming mad, but I am annoyed. I wouldn't have copped them at $188 since I think I can get them for retail. But they did say

"Please do not share this link as it is only for customers who have e mailed in advance that we wanted to ensure they got the size they wanted as we expect them to sell out very quickly on the day of launch."

The company is doing the people who put in work to get the sneakers a favor. As a courtesy they ask not to distribute the links so that loyal costumers can get them and he blows up their spot.

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

I'm not steaming mad, but I am annoyed. I wouldn't have copped them at $188 since I think I can get them for retail. But they did say

The company is doing the people who put in work to get the sneakers a favor. As a courtesy they ask not to distribute the links so that loyal costumers can get them and he blows up their spot.

Precisely 44 4's...if he would have followed thier instructions you could be 45 4's now

Eastbay is almost guaranteed to crash. NDC is your best bet. Why you got a pair of fake altitude 13s in your avy tho 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

while im still kinda upset fam(AdamKarvounakis) blasted EC ...i emailed EC & they had a SINGLE SZ left & it was my sz
pimp.gif
i just ordered it $183.43shipped ($7.43 over retail) one down 2 to go.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Eastbay is almost guaranteed to crash. NDC is your best bet. Why you got a pair of fake altitude 13s in your avy tho 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
theyre early release versions though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom