Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by all19mjs

dam so people were buying sizes that they cant even fit just to try an trade with someone for their size . If your size is sold you should give up an let the next person behind you live it might be they size you just took lol
 No, because then you are left without or have to pay reseller prices. So then you're paying $220-$300.

You buy one that isn't your size, sell it up here or the other site and buy your size. That way you break even or close.

No way I'm wasting whatever time you spent online refreshing, spending hours standing line, just to come home empty handed AND then paying reseller prices.

If you do that, you're not helping out a fellow sneakerhead, you're being stupid. It's amazing to me how people don't understand this. These aren't people buying four pairs. I don't see how it's that hard for people to understand.
PREACH!!!! how are you supposed to waste your time and show nothing for it and then pay these ridiculous prices to top that? momma ain't raise no fool

Originally Posted by rmK

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by mross16

Yeah man....I'm in the same boat as you. They're going to cancel our pending payment.
i have three pending transactions from FNL 
laugh.gif
. Hopefully at least one goes through.
I take it none of yall got a confirmation e-mail either?  I got one pending on debit still and can't stay on hold for over 30 minutes for %%+*....can't take the California Girls instrumental any longer!!
mad.gif
I don't even think my order actually went through. I submitted my payment through paypal, and once I got back to the fnl website to submit the order there was some type of error, but they still charged me smh

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

I miss those days when you could walk into the store and buy J's. Now either camp, gamble online or try to buy them overseas. So silly that its more convenient to buy my J's thousands of miles overseas and I live in NYC!
 Id have to strongly agree.....this was the first release that I ever placed an order for overseas
sorry for the back-to-back posts but this is so true man, I feel like the concords really %$%@#$ %@%# up for a lot of people.
I don't even cop that many Js these days but damn, does it really have to be this difficult. 

This is exactly what happens when a good thing gets exploited by the masses.

Straight up, I'm going to try to trade my size 10 for a 9, cop the BRED IVs on Black Friday and the Bred XIs this christmas or the next and hanging up my jordan jersey for good. 

If anything, just going to buy some Brons if the line starts picking up again... IMO they went down hill after the VIIs and VIIIs.. the IXs were nasty IMO

Quick Question.
Anyone order from NDC and have 2 pairs that didnt get cancelled. Or ordered 1 pair and did get cancelled.

Originally Posted by zuz624

Quick Question.
Anyone order from NDC and have 2 pairs that didnt get cancelled. Or ordered 1 pair and did get cancelled.

i ordered 2 sz 11 after the reboot and havent been cancelled......yet

Quick Question.

i ordered a 9.5 and 10 and is still processing, so I'm guessing its all good since I never gotten a cancellation email

Stood in line for about 3 hours and didnt get my size which is a 9.5 so i just snatched a size 10.5 hopefully i can trade them or sell to get my actual size

"Congratulations, it looks like you are one of the lucky few that have successfully ordered the Air Jordan 4s and the Kobe 7s."

My heart skipped a beat once the ndc rep responded after I asked her for an update on my order. Apparently it will stay pending til Tuesday, then shipped out.

Also I never received a confirmation e-mail either.

Originally Posted by all19mjs

I understand why people buy sizes they cant fit but people complain that the shoe game is messed up imo this is one reason why it is everybody is copping everybody size , in hopes to trade or resell. We talk down on hypebeast an resellers on nt but will contribute to it if our size in not in the store but its understandable tho i

So explain what would you do, because regardless of what you do, you have two options

1. go with out
2. pay the reseller

Meanwhile you've already just wasted several hours. And you're assuming the person who gets the kicks actually cares about them and won't do the same thing.

So please explain to me what would you do great wise one.

Originally Posted by wilmusrandolph3

Wow. This is my first time on since the release and I really feel for you guys that are having these online issues (reminds me of the concords). I luckily live in Pittsburgh (no real sneaker culture). I got in line at sneaker villa at 8:15 am and was 12th in line. They started letting people in 3 at a time at 8:50 and I picked up the last one of my size (11). There was a footlocker around the corner that opened at 11 so most people who didn't get one at villa got some there. It was actually my first time camping and wasn't too bad. BUT TO SET THE RECORD STRAGHT: I am a highschool freshman. And although my only memories of Jordan are his last season with the wizards, I still have a great appreciation for art and style as well as history. Mike's shoes are the pinnacle of that for me and I dot like how some people on here are trying to say that my appreciation is somehow lesser because I was born in '96. Sorry for the rant but to me it seems like some of the older heads are just salty that anyone else is getting the shoes that they can't and that teens are the easiest to blame. I am NOT a hypebeast or follower or anything. I am a sneakerhead just the same. And I can only hope that by the time I'm in my thirties these experiences can be passed on to the next generation of kids just like me. Sorry for the rant guys. I just was irked by some of this.
DO NOT feel the need to explain yourself to these oldheads who think you have to be 35 or older to enjoy a pair of kicks. There are so many reasons besides nostalgia (which I bet most of these guys weren't even bulls fans outside of those in chicago, they were so many great teams back then). I am almost 23 and few of these oldheads target me. Not that I even give a #%%%. I never owned a pair of Jordans till I was 16 because my mom wouldn't buy me expensive shoes (she got me the Air Force Vs and 99 white cements from being extra good that year and that's it). She is from Nigeria and doesn't believe in such nonsense (as she so eloquently tells me). In fact, until I was 16 I could only afford Reebok classics, and a few of the cheaper Nikes and one or two pairs of air force ones (which I quickly learned I didn't like). I like jordans because I am a sneakerhead, plain and simple. Although I was old enough to watch him play (is why they give me a pass) but I dont believe in that logic. 80s and 90s had the best shoes and I am a fan of old school, yet somewhat simple, shoes. I dont like all these intricate curves and zigzags and other such nonsense you find in say, the foamposites. I do not limit myself strictly to Jordans, I have all types of Nikes, Converses, Creative Recreations, a few Reeboks and I just got into Vans! 
The oldheads in this site (I've met a lot of cool ones irl so I wont say all oldheads) complain about young people wearing Jordans, yet a lot of them sport Kevin Durants, Lebrons, etc. You can't say that Jordan was "your" player and claim everyone after him. They say anyone under 21 isnt old enough to watch him play, but my younger cousin watched him play with me and he is turning 19 this year.

These guys don't have a single VALID reason why there should be an age minimum and they contradict the lame reasons they do give.

The only nostalgia I have with this shoe is being made fun of for sporting the payless shoe store brands since my mom couldnt afford jordans for the longest time, yet i still collect em. SUE ME!

Originally Posted by allensoko

Quick Question.

i ordered 2 sz 11 after the reboot and havent been cancelled......yet

same deal here. fingers still crossed haha

All of you wondering if your orders are good, pick up the phone and call nike. Very simple. None of us here will be able to tell you if your order is good or not.

Quick Question.

cousin placed two seperate orders for 2 pairs each and they are both good to go

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

Originally Posted by LORENander

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

@memphisboi55 which mall is that?
it looks like solano westfield mall in fairfield, ca. damn i haven't been to that mall in years when my ex used to work for champs. 
never been to that mall before. Do they usually have alot of shipments?? 

I say about your average shipment.

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

Does anybody know when SNS orders will start shipping out?

if you ordered 2/11 then they are being shipped out tomorrow....anytime after that will be shipped on 3/1/12

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

Does anybody know when SNS orders will start shipping out?

if you ordered 2/11 then they are being shipped out tomorrow....anytime after that will be shipped on 3/1/12
Cool, thanks

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by raptors29

I thought it was a universal rule that if they don't have your size, you get another size.

ive never done that, i dont have time to deal with selling them and buying again. its either my size or nothing.

If you have time to post as often as you do on Nt then yes, you do have the time to deal with, just not the energy!
this

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by wilmusrandolph3

Wow. This is my first time on since the release and I really feel for you guys that are having these online issues (reminds me of the concords). I luckily live in Pittsburgh (no real sneaker culture). I got in line at sneaker villa at 8:15 am and was 12th in line. They started letting people in 3 at a time at 8:50 and I picked up the last one of my size (11). There was a footlocker around the corner that opened at 11 so most people who didn't get one at villa got some there. It was actually my first time camping and wasn't too bad. BUT TO SET THE RECORD STRAGHT: I am a highschool freshman. And although my only memories of Jordan are his last season with the wizards, I still have a great appreciation for art and style as well as history. Mike's shoes are the pinnacle of that for me and I dot like how some people on here are trying to say that my appreciation is somehow lesser because I was born in '96. Sorry for the rant but to me it seems like some of the older heads are just salty that anyone else is getting the shoes that they can't and that teens are the easiest to blame. I am NOT a hypebeast or follower or anything. I am a sneakerhead just the same. And I can only hope that by the time I'm in my thirties these experiences can be passed on to the next generation of kids just like me. Sorry for the rant guys. I just was irked by some of this.
DO NOT feel the need to explain yourself to these oldheads who think you have to be 35 or older to enjoy a pair of kicks. There are so many reasons besides nostalgia (which I bet most of these guys weren't even bulls fans outside of those in chicago, they were so many great teams back then). I am almost 23 and few of these oldheads target me. Not that I even give a #%%%. I never owned a pair of Jordans till I was 16 because my mom wouldn't buy me expensive shoes (she got me the Air Force Vs and 99 white cements from being extra good that year and that's it). She is from Nigeria and doesn't believe in such nonsense (as she so eloquently tells me). In fact, until I was 16 I could only afford Reebok classics, and a few of the cheaper Nikes and one or two pairs of air force ones (which I quickly learned I didn't like). I like jordans because I am a sneakerhead, plain and simple. Although I was old enough to watch him play (is why they give me a pass) but I dont believe in that logic. 80s and 90s had the best shoes and I am a fan of old school, yet somewhat simple, shoes. I dont like all these intricate curves and zigzags and other such nonsense you find in say, the foamposites. I do not limit myself strictly to Jordans, I have all types of Nikes, Converses, Creative Recreations, a few Reeboks and I just got into Vans! 
The oldheads in this site (I've met a lot of cool ones irl so I wont say all oldheads) complain about young people wearing Jordans, yet a lot of them sport Kevin Durants, Lebrons, etc. You can't say that Jordan was "your" player and claim everyone after him. They say anyone under 21 isnt old enough to watch him play, but my younger cousin watched him play with me and he is turning 19 this year.

These guys don't have a single VALID reason why there should be an age minimum and they contradict the lame reasons they do give.

The only nostalgia I have with this shoe is being made fun of for sporting the payless shoe store brands since my mom couldnt afford jordans for the longest time, yet i still collect em. SUE ME!
Hey, I'm one of those oldheads you speak of.  We get grumpy when we don't get enough fiber.  Seriously, don't take comments to heart. We tend to romanticize things in the past.  That's just human nature.  I actually feel sorry for younger cats.  Back in the day, it wasn't about the availability of the shoe.  It was about the availability of your money to purchase the shoe(at least in my instance it was).  You shouldn't have to go sit outside a freaking store for 12 hours(if you're lucky) to get a shoe. It's a freaking shoe.  Websites crashing,  people ordering from sites in languages you don't understand, breaking mall doors..etc...all over some shoes!!! Where's my damn fiber
roll.gif

Originally Posted by riceeeeeeeeee

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Ordered my first pair off CrookedTongues when they released them, ok Sweet!
Woke up next morning around 715..alarm was set to weekdays only
mad.gif
, mall opened at 9, got there about almost 8.
Wasn't tripping since I secured a pair, just wanted to go get a 4.5kids for my homegirl who was unable to get due to prior engagements with her kids.
Get to footaction, wasn't too bad actually, I was about #20-25 in line,  I got the last size 10.5 as they we're handing out tickets.
pimp.gif

Said ++!% it, i'll take another pair.
Was some chill dudes in line with me, chatting it up.

Norcal.

28vamtv.jpg

2zxsbyf.jpg
that dude in red was annoy as hell. cant believe they broke down the doors though haha

lol'z... no comment, he can be a little extra though.
Yea, i heard it was the 2nd time that happend.. concords being first.

i was gonna hit up nike on twitter but it looks like they arent tweeting this weekend so i just sent them a chat request on nikestore. this is what i got

IS2k7.png

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

then i said the usual thanks and goodbye

luknP.png

i will definitely enjoy wearing mine 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom