Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dkeso611

Just got my pair from END. The box is eff'd up. I should eff END and Fedex up "quick two times" - Buggin' Out.

yeah my box from end was screwed...but these iv boxes are a lot stronger than the iii boxes because i was able to shape it back & its fine now.....if this happened to the iii box you might as well throw it away or grab some duct tape

Time for an open letter to Nike. Started with the Concord release and has continued to snowball out of control culminating with today's ASG shenanigans. Short of some major news outlet killing them in the press, nothing is going to change. They're making a killing and will continue to. Clearly the consumers are mere pawns.

It's getting absolutely ridiculous.

I may write something up and put it up on NT to see what others think, maybe even get a petition going.

As a loyal customer of this company for as long as I can remember, I'm reaching the point where the love isn't what it once was.

Nike cares not for you, but only for your dollars.  
They know without a question that no matter what they do, you will continue to throw your money at them for inferior products.  

Why would they ever stop?

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Time for an open letter to Nike. Started with the Concord release and has continued to snowball out of control culminating with today's ASG shenanigans. Short of some major news outlet killing them in the press, nothing is going to change. They're making a killing and will continue to. Clearly the consumers are mere pawns.

I may write something up and put it up on NT to see what others think, maybe even get a petition going.

As a loyal customer of this company for as long as I can remember, I'm reaching the point where the love isn't what it once was.

Uh yeah...My reaction isn't bad enough to write open letters and stuff. If I ever felt that bad I would just stop buying. I don't really care that demand was huge for the Concords or I that I didn't get this round of the cements (yet). It's just shoes...yeah shoes that remind of the past and I want for my collection...but still just a shoe. I'll get it when I get it. Have 100+ others to wear and love in the meantime...

It is pretty bad, I understand that they are "limited" releases, but the tactics being used are not fair to the consumer, just like the foamposite release, canceling the online release just days before they were due to be released. 

Two pairs from NDC arrived and they are amazing looking with hangtags included and the overwhelming smell of glue!! People keep coming up to me at work  "oohing and awing " wanting to touch them 
mad.gif

As glove72 said, "isn't bad enough to write open letters"

I will be snagging up a pair for $205 shipped from a NT fam
wink.gif

Was able to trade my sz 10 for an 11 with a fellow NT'er so happy to have my sz in hand now the search for a second pair begins.

these are very snug around the toes. was gonna unds today but there pretty uncomfortable. never had a problem with 4 being uncomfortable until these and I've owned cdps, mist blues, and tours

It is getting absolutely ridiculous. When the iv's came out I was lucky enough to get through on the phone with ndc, but i'm not sure how much longer i can push my luck with all these online sites. And forget about camping for 15 hours. I have school, work, and a social life to attend to. There's no way i can compete with these hungrier sneakerheads. After i get the air pillars i'm seriously considering throwing in the towel with nike. I'll prob just start buying some of the old stuff i missed out on back in the day. 

Originally Posted by babyJs23

As glove72 said, "isn't bad enough to write open letters"

I will be snagging up a pair for $205 shipped from a NT fam
wink.gif
damn, thats a nice deal
eek.gif
mad.gif
pimp.gif

#%@? I took the laces out to spray the toungue, and laces, down w/ protector, looked at the laces, and they had black on them from the lace locks. Anyone had, or seen, this?

Originally Posted by philaflava1

those incidents you speak of are nothing but PR for nike and its FREE!

I've been saying that since the concord release. All those newscast and reports online were just a bunch of commercials. Now you have a bunch of people who were never in to sneakers wanting to be like everyone else.

They've reached Apple territory.

As they should.  Which is why I don't understand why they don't price these shoes more appropriately based on what they are actually worth.  These cements should've been put out at $249.99 retail; the concords $349.99 retail; etc.  Why price the shoes so low?  Just price them based on how much they're worth to maximize profit and we won't have all this craziness 

Can't say Im not mad hearing people say a mall in Orlando got a huge stock of these after cancelling my NDC order.

If Nike wanted a special stock of these for All-Star weekend they should have made a special batch specifically for Orlando.

Why you gotta do me like that Nike??

Still on the hunt, resellers can kick rocks if they're asking over $220.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Can't say Im not mad hearing people say a mall in Orlando got a huge stock of these after cancelling my NDC order.

If Nike wanted a special stock of these for All-Star weekend they should have made a special batch specifically for Orlando.
This is what I was trying to say...but by no means am I organizing boycotts and  planning a march
roll.gif

Just copped my pair from a fellow NT'er for $240 shipped. That's a pretty good deal IMO cause I would have paid more for my size 12 on Natterjacks and waited longer for shipping...

Originally Posted by Sting83659

As they should.  Which is why I don't understand why they don't price these shoes more appropriately based on what they are actually worth.  These cements should've been put out at $249.99 retail; the concords $349.99 retail; etc.  Why price the shoes so low?  Just price them based on how much they're worth to maximize profit and we won't have all this craziness 

Im sure they are doing just fine as far as profit margins...General release completely cleared out in a matter of weeks.  No other non-premium brand can pull that off I think.  If you price to high then they catch more flack not being available to the fans/customers that want them...plus we would be really scrutinizing the quality of the shoes/materials...Hell we already do when we pay regular retail.  

I dont understand why people still posting pics of the shoe like yours is different than ours, lol.

Anyways, instead of writing Nike, write CNN or FOXNEWS, MSNBC etc., they'll do a news report and go straight to Nike for answer. When Nike feels pressure they'll respond.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I dont understand why people still posting pics of the shoe like yours is different than ours, lol.

Anyways, instead of writing Nike, write CNN or FOXNEWS, MSNBC etc., they'll do a news report and go straight to Nike for answer. When Nike feels pressure they'll respond.
Not really thing to respond to...
- "What happened with the Cement III release where orders were cancelled after originally going through?"

Answer: We apologize, our servers got completely overwhelmed due to high demand and we apologize to all our loyal customers.  We also gave each of them a $50 gift card (which they really didn't have to do)

- "What about the Concord release and the incidents at various malls?"

Answer: We had no idea there would be this much demand for the shoe.  We made the shoe a general release which means it was mass produced and distributed as much as possible.  We have no control over how the shoe stores distribute, allocate, and sell the shoe (wristband, numbers, employee purchases).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom