Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by eatMYswoosh

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

I was kinda oblivious to the hype surrounding release night (and day), due to traveling on quick getaway w/ my wife. Was actually in Vegas during the release & didn't care to deal in "foreign territory". But thankfully a certain OH connect (
wink.gif
 ) finally held me down and I received mine today in the mail. I'd take pictures but I'm still trying to sneak them in the house from my truck 
30t6p3b.gif
Why do you need to sneak them in?
eyes.gif

2 Reasons.....I bought entirely too many shoes while traveling, and my wife doesn't totally agree w/ this hobby of mine
grin.gif
 She tolerates it.....to a ceratin extent!!! But she really doesn't like seeing any shoes right now since we're in the process of building another house....in her mind, ALL extra monies should go to the home. And as far as she knows, right now.....ALL extra money IS going towards the home!
wink.gif

Well I definitely appreciate that my girl wears jordans lol.  House>Shoes but I couldn't pass on these either if I were in your position
laugh.gif

im still looking for my size 9. waiting for restock..hopefully. SO far all the pics looks good.

^^^I know that's what's killing me, the pics all look pretty solid. I was able to pass on black/cement III's cause i could tell they were trash quality-wise but these look good. Hoping for a restock.

Bout to head out and trade these for a pair of DS playoff XIIIs sz11. Thanks fam for the advice. Goodbye beautiful.
2rotiep.jpg

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

^^^Seriously, women don't always get it about collecting kicks. If you're irresponsible about it I understand but even when it's your own expendable income they can give you a hard time about it.

I feel you.... my ex used to complain and think I was so dumb for setting up 3 computers at once for midnight releases and going to such great lengths to cop a hot new release. Dumped her +%%, now my new girl man's a computer for me and usually gets a pair even when I can't. Can we say keeper? I admit that I do go a little crazy over my sneakers but it's a passion just like any other hobby. If your girl don't respect your passions then scrap her and find one who does. God bless good women and Jordan retro's!

After logging into this thread at least 200 times before and after release date, I am finally moving on from these shoes too. I'm still on the lookout for restocks and would like to have these at or close to retail. If I come up short on the quest for my size 9, oh well. It's only a shoe. After I struck out on release date I was no doubt mad, but then you just forget about it.

Congrats to everyone who copped, the pics look great. I am still happy with my Concords and Chicago X.

Originally Posted by cloudypokerchips

^^^Seriously, women don't always get it about collecting kicks. If you're irresponsible about it I understand but even when it's your own expendable income they can give you a hard time about it.

I feel you.... my ex used to complain and think I was so dumb for setting up 3 computers at once for midnight releases and going to such great lengths to cop a hot new release. Dumped her +%%, now my new girl man's a computer for me and usually gets a pair even when I can't. Can we say keeper? I admit that I do go a little crazy over my sneakers but it's a passion just like any other hobby. If your girl don't respect your passions then scrap her and find one who does. God bless good women and Jordan retro's!
She sounds like a keeper fam.
pimp.gif

My girl always thought it was a little weird that I had more shoes than a lot of females out there.. but she's starting to become a shoe fiend like me now. She has Cardinals, Black Cement IIIs and WC IVs.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Although IV's are my favorite J, I would do that trade.  Playoff XIII's are built like tanks in comparison to these although all things considered, I'm ok with what I received when compared to the 2006 IV's.

Luckily I have both.

I kind of regret letting go of my 2nd pair that I have in the Playoff's, but I know the pair I have now will be good for a while.

The quality on the Playoff XIII's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2012 WCIV's

This is TRUTH.

The truth is the iv's look better than the 13's. The 13's remained true to the retro and origingal 13, based on appearnce. The ivs out shine the 13s but sadly to say the 13 last longer. Little to no creasing an all black shoe despite white teeth areas. Good trade hopefully your ivs wouldn't crack or yellow or even crease. Ill keep your shoes in prayer while I'm at Sunday mass

IV's are grail status...and if they would've taken care to put the attention and quality into the IV's like they did the Playoffs...oh mannnnnn...I'd be very pleased with them...

Finally copped these today for 230... thanks to my #NTwitter brothern
83426201ee93d693327f0bce8a163246c4c7562a_r.gif

No thanks to some DMV Nter who wanted to charge 265 to shipped and I live around the corner from him...he said it cost more for a meet up and i was like...

7c326051bb97e6e1306f44c450169941b45b6d4e_r.gif

Anywho...they ship Monday and then I can finally

f0a362fd1cb39c87644f30b2f220c6061ff58bf4_r.gif

#Bammas 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cloudypokerchips

I feel you.... my ex used to complain and think I was so dumb for setting up 3 computers at once for midnight releases and going to such great lengths to cop a hot new release. Dumped her $!!, now my new girl man's a computer for me and usually gets a pair even when I can't. Can we say keeper? I admit that I do go a little crazy over my sneakers but it's a passion just like any other hobby. If your girl don't respect your passions then scrap her and find one who does. God bless good women and Jordan retro's!

yea and i wonder why women think its okay to drop like 700$ for some designer stilettos or some %%!#? womens high end designer stuff is like 10x more expensive than mens. no contest

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Finally copped these today for 230... thanks to my #NTwitter brothern
83426201ee93d693327f0bce8a163246c4c7562a_r.gif

No thanks to some DMV Nter who wanted to charge 265 to shipped and I live around the corner from him...he said it cost more for a meet up and i was like...

7c326051bb97e6e1306f44c450169941b45b6d4e_r.gif

Anywho...they ship Monday and then I can finally

f0a362fd1cb39c87644f30b2f220c6061ff58bf4_r.gif

#Bammas 
grin.gif

didnt know you're from the dmv...haha..now i know for future reference.

I remember talking to you....hey I was gonna have to offer you $265 also to get my correct size...

but I was trying to obtain several of my sizes before selling.

Now im stuck with two 7.5's....sns needs to hurry up and ship...

Originally Posted by jwang333

Originally Posted by JWILLS

Originally Posted by jwang333

did anyone else order from livestock (deadstock.ca) ???

I did got mine Thursday was gonna post pics soon once my SNS order comes Mon. 
Mine comes in tuesday
embarassed.gif
did they double box? and how do they look?

THey looked good no issues had the hang tag and was double boxed....

I see what you mean...but that would be tough...Cements, Concords...price high...um...Royal and Chi Xs?  if they misprice, nothing sells.
Besides, that still happens.  If you don't mind paying a higher price then there are plenty of websites that mark up the price based on the hype...and there is always resellers.  Nike then doesnt have to take the risk and can still sell out on product and let then us (collectors and hypebeasts) set the market.  Nike doesnt mind resellers...it adds to the legend/demand of the shoe.  

Disney does the same thing putting out classic movies on DVD for short amounts of time...way of creating a false demand.  Only certain companies can pull that off.  If Nike really wanted to maximize profits they produce another batch of Concords 6 months....but then we wouldnt want them so bad would we?

Definitely agree, limiting these does create quite a bit of demand.  I just wish JB would price these high from the start, like they do with the non-retros.  Those come out and sit on shelves for months, until they finally go on sale for a reasonable price and people buy them.  That way if people really want them they can walk up to a store in peace after a few days from releasing and easily purchase a pair. 

The retros come out and are priced much lower than what supply/demand would typically require.  All the craziness around the retros these days is only because the shoes are priced way too low to begin with, nothing more.  JB needs to increase prices on retros so we don't have all this camping out, riots, busy signals as midnight, resellers on ebay, etc.  It's getting out of control

if you were the dude at Pearlridge mall today rocking the 4s with the handtag on, that I said "nice 4's... minus the handtag" towards...

just to clarify, your shoes look stupid with the handtag on

Originally Posted by Sting83659

I see what you mean...but that would be tough...Cements, Concords...price high...um...Royal and Chi Xs?  if they misprice, nothing sells.
Besides, that still happens.  If you don't mind paying a higher price then there are plenty of websites that mark up the price based on the hype...and there is always resellers.  Nike then doesnt have to take the risk and can still sell out on product and let then us (collectors and hypebeasts) set the market.  Nike doesnt mind resellers...it adds to the legend/demand of the shoe.  

Disney does the same thing putting out classic movies on DVD for short amounts of time...way of creating a false demand.  Only certain companies can pull that off.  If Nike really wanted to maximize profits they produce another batch of Concords 6 months....but then we wouldnt want them so bad would we?

Definitely agree, limiting these does create quite a bit of demand.  I just wish JB would price these high from the start, like they do with the non-retros.  Those come out and sit on shelves for months, until they finally go on sale for a reasonable price and people buy them.  That way if people really want them they can walk up to a store in peace after a few days from releasing and easily purchase a pair. 

The retros come out and are priced much lower than what supply/demand would typically require.  All the craziness around the retros these days is only because the shoes are priced way too low to begin with, nothing more.  JB needs to increase prices on retros so we don't have all this camping out, riots, busy signals as midnight, resellers on ebay, etc.  It's getting out of control

Ummm...???...put shoes at an upmark price and then reduce over time?  That doesn't make good business sense.  Again, JB has no control or concern over resellers and the drastic measure we take to get their shoes.  They control product, not our actions.
Those that have dough to pay an upmark price should just cop from website that sells for a higher price but guarantees their shoe.  That way they dont have to worry about busy signals or camping or riots.  Thats what I did for Concords and Space Jams...just not willing to do that for this one off general principle.

I'm not sure how $180 plus tax is a shoe being priced "too low" in today's economy.  Just some folks priorities are way out of whack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom