Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
^It's not that serious son lol. They made plenty of pairs. These ain't the Galaxy Foams, Yeezys, or even South Beaches, etc.

lol people thinking these will drop to $200 and lower. Keep wishing. If you see them for $220 you'd better buy them.

Originally Posted by babyJs23

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

Originally Posted by babyJs23

Picking up a second pair for $205 meet up tomorrow
pimp.gif

Awsome, have prices dipped on these?

I had to work the deal with the seller all day and finally got him to come down
wink.gif

anything can hapen if you know how to use your mouth piece...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

lol people thinking these will drop to $200 and lower. Keep wishing. If you see them for $220 you'd better buy them.

this. its a very popular shoe

Same people said Concords will go down to 250 and those have never dipped below 300. 240 is the price and it will be 275 in 6 months and over 300 in 2 years. A few idiots who think they are resellers may get desperate and sell for 215-225 but you better hope that guy has your size. For REAL resellers it's a no brainer. 99 4's went from 100 retail to 400 in 4 years. No icy bottom to get yellow makes this shoe easy to hold onto for awhile. The prices will soar in years to come. Just like 3's 4's and 11's have always done.

Originally Posted by biaac diaac

Same people said Concords will go down to 250 and those have never dipped below 300. 240 is the price and it will be 275 in 6 months and over 300 in 2 years. A few idiots who think they are resellers may get desperate and sell for 215-225 but you better hope that guy has your size. For REAL resellers it's a no brainer. 99 4's went from 100 retail to 400 in 4 years. No icy bottom to get yellow makes this shoe easy to hold onto for awhile. The prices will soar in years to come. Just like 3's 4's and 11's have always done.

I agree, the shoe will probably dip after the initial hype then when the supply has been sold and time passes the shoe will increase in value tremendously....

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

No rush to get these at all as I see prices on CL gradually dip, 
laugh.gif

No sympathy for these suckers, scooping up multiple pairs for a measly $15-20 profit.  Thanks for waiting in line for me chump.
200 dollars equals 40 bones... mean price still above 220... quit takin shots at the reseller and except their hussle
tired.gif
pimp.gif

its redic that retail is now a stealll for Js but what can you do...
grin.gif

i love my aj4 they look slick without the hangtag,is it just me or is it a hassle just to log on to niketalk, it didnt recognize my log in account and then i logged in several times and my profil page didnt come up. any ideassss.

ba8161130cab702e8bd61a7a2f93b39df11097ea_r.jpeg
FOR ALL U YOUNGSTA'S OUT THERE STILL HATIN' ON THE HANGTAG,SAYIN' "WHO REALLY ROCKS THEIR SHOES WITH THAT SILLY HANGTAG?" OR "ONLY LAMES ROCK THE HANGTAGS.",HERE'S MY BOY T.I. SHOWIN' Y'ALL HOW THE REAL O.G.'s ROCK THEIR JORDAN 4's. I KEEP TELLIN' Y'ALL THAT EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS SILLY TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION, THE 30 AND UP CLUB CLEARLY REMEMBER THIS IS HOW WE SPORTED THESE JOINTS... SO WE ROCK 'EM WITH THE TAG ON FOR NOSTALGIC PURPOSES. I GUESS IT'S A LOVE IT/HATE IT TYPE OF THING,BUT ME IM GONNA ROCK MY TAGS WIT' PRIDE!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
#HANGTAGGANG . HOLLA...
CED B.

^why are u so focused on what someone says about a handtag?

if u like it like that then rock it

who cares what t.i does

Just because a celebrity or public figure, wheres an article of clothing in a certain fashion. that doesnt mean you have to follow. If im not mistaken back in the day that nike hang tag, was flat. this tag on the other hand resembles a lolipop and it proably wieghs the same amount as an ankle weight. Im not gonna lie they look ok from the pic, if you think about it, this photo was taken at a certain angle which make it looks appealing but what about in person or a close up zoom shot of his foot... i think that would def change your opinion. at the end of the day everyone has there own sense of style but the tag was flatterrrr, this tag is bigger and it pops out no go.

Wow...Ordered on release night 2/17 off Crooked Tongues.  Sent them an email yesterday...their reply intimates I should wait up to 40 days after my order was placed before getting frazzled...
Thanks for your email.

I’ve checked your order details and I can see that it was dispatched on 27/02/2012 using our Global Sneakersaver service. We advise that this service can take up to 11 working days to reach you, so your order is due to be with you on 13/03/2012.

If it still hasn’t arrived, we kindly ask that you wait a further 11 working days from the due date above to allow for any postal delays that may have occurred in your area. If you’ve not received your order by 28/03/2012, please check with your neighbours and any safe places that a parcel might be left.

A tracking number is unavailable with this order.

If you have any further questions about this delivery, please let me know.

All the best,

Ozzie

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^why are u so focused on what someone says about a handtag?

if u like it like that then rock it

who cares what t.i does

I CLEARLY SAID IT'S A LOVE IT/HATE IT THING, 'LIL HOMIE. I'M NOT TRIPPIN' ON WHO LIKES IT OR NOT, IM JUST SHOWIN' AN EXAMPLE OF HOW THE TAGS WERE AND STILL BEING WORN BY THE O.G.'s IN THE GAME, AND WHY WE ROCK THE TAG. COOL YA JETS,CHAMP. HOLLA...
CED B.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Just because a celebrity or public figure, wheres an article of clothing in a certain fashion. that doesnt mean you have to follow. If im not mistaken back in the day that nike hang tag, was flat. this tag on the other hand resembles a lolipop and it proably wieghs the same amount as an ankle weight. Im not gonna lie they look ok from the pic, if you think about it, this photo was taken at a certain angle which make it looks appealing but what about in person or a close up zoom shot of his foot... i think that would def change your opinion. at the end of the day everyone has there own sense of style but the tag was flatterrrr, this tag is bigger and it pops out no go.

1st OFF, I'M NOT FOLLOWIN' WHAT ANYBODY DOES. I BEEN ROCKIN' MY TAGS SINCE I OWNED THE OG'S IN '89. I SAW THE PIC OF TIP, AND THOUGHT "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE",AND DECIDED TO POST TO THE YOUNGER CROWD SO MAYBE THEY'D UNDERSTAND FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE (THE 30+ CROWD) AS TO WHY WE ROCK OUR 4'S WITH THE TAG STILL ON. IT'S JUST A NOSTALGIC THING,THAT'S ALL. IT'S A FREE WORLD,AND U CAN ROCK 'EM HOW U CHOOSE. I'M NOT GONNA JUDGE U EITHER WAY,FAM. 2nd, THE ORIGINAL TAGS WERE EXACTLY LIKE THE NEW TAGS OF TODAY(EXCEPT FOR THE "NIKE AIR",OF COURSE.). THEY STARTED MAKIN' THE PAPER-THIN HANGTAGS AFTER 1990. HOPE THIS CLEARS THE AIR FOR YA,FAM. HOLLA...
CED B.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Sting83659 wrote: 

As they should.  Which is why I don't understand why they don't price these shoes more appropriately based on what they are actually worth.  These cements should've been put out at $249.99 retail; the concords $349.99 retail; etc.  Why price the shoes so low?  Just price them based on how much they're worth to maximize profit and we won't have all this craziness  
25p45z9.gif

Easily one of the stupidest things I have ever read on NT in 10+ years.
This is actually not bad a point. The part that sucks is the diehard sneakerheads will be forced to pay the higher prices: The best solution: increase supply. Everyone will get shoes for retail and since the supply is so high, resellers will be out of a job.

Originally Posted by uniballa23

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Sting83659 wrote: 

As they should.  Which is why I don't understand why they don't price these shoes more appropriately based on what they are actually worth.  These cements should've been put out at $249.99 retail; the concords $349.99 retail; etc.  Why price the shoes so low?  Just price them based on how much they're worth to maximize profit and we won't have all this craziness  
25p45z9.gif

Easily one of the stupidest things I have ever read on NT in 10+ years.
This is actually not bad a point. The part that sucks is the diehard sneakerheads will be forced to pay the higher prices: The best solution: increase supply. Everyone will get shoes for retail and since the supply is so high, resellers will be out of a job.

And we have a winner.
Do not increase price.  There are a lot of sneaker enthusiasts that can get their pair for retail don't want to pay more.  You are assuming that people have a ceiling for shoe price.  So you sell shoes for 350 retail you still can't get them....resellers buy them all...but you then assume that no one will pay $700 for them resale.  That they will say "no way" i will pay $500 max, which would cut into reseller profits and hurt them in the long run.  But judging by the Galaxy Foam madness.  There is no ceiling for some people they will drop whatever on shoes.  And with idiots out there these days higher price = cooler, more show off points?.  So who knows what effect that would have.   

But JB knows how to maximize profit.  And you can't increase supply too much because if they flood the market they won't be as sought after.  Moral to the story we are screwed 
laugh.gif

Jking0821 wrote:

But JB knows how to maximize profit.  And you can't increase supply too much because if they flood the market they won't be as sought after.  Moral to the story we are screwed 
laugh.gif

Yep, it's a fine line they have to walk.  They have to make sure JB doesn't become FUBU lol.

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

Can't believe these are coming off the shelves for $325-350 at consignment shops.
Im guessing flight Club, because the average price on ebay is 250.oo

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

Can't believe these are coming off the shelves for $325-350 at consignment shops.
Im guessing flight Club, because the average price on ebay is 250.oo

Yup, I wouldn't say the average is 250 at ebay though. That's the low end, BIN prices are at $260 at the lowest for my size.

Originally Posted by cedb713

1st OFF, I'M NOT FOLLOWIN' WHAT ANYBODY DOES. I BEEN ROCKIN' MY TAGS SINCE I OWNED THE OG'S IN '89. I SAW THE PIC OF TIP, AND THOUGHT "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE",AND DECIDED TO POST TO THE YOUNGER CROWD SO MAYBE THEY'D UNDERSTAND FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE (THE 30+ CROWD) AS TO WHY WE ROCK OUR 4'S WITH THE TAG STILL ON. IT'S JUST A NOSTALGIC THING,THAT'S ALL. IT'S A FREE WORLD,AND U CAN ROCK 'EM HOW U CHOOSE. I'M NOT GONNA JUDGE U EITHER WAY,FAM. 2nd, THE ORIGINAL TAGS WERE EXACTLY LIKE THE NEW TAGS OF TODAY(EXCEPT FOR THE "NIKE AIR",OF COURSE.). THEY STARTED MAKIN' THE PAPER-THIN HANGTAGS AFTER 1990. HOPE THIS CLEARS THE AIR FOR YA,FAM. HOLLA...
CED B.

they started with the thin hangtags in '88 (or late '87) & were produced through 1990
the jumbo ones like these only appeared on the real luxury Nike Air models in '89/early '90

that's why it's much easier to find a vintage thin tag than a jumbo one, much more were produced over a longer period
hope that helps more

edit: there was one major exception to the rule...for whatever reason, on some models (ie ATSCII or ATCII) that had both a high & a low
version - the low-cut version received the jumbo tag & the more expensive 3/4 or high got the thin tag
finally, the total shoes released with jumbo tags is very low, less than a dozen i believe

I just called sns and they said their shipment from nike is still delayed. I ask if they really had shipment coming and she said yes. I hope sns is not BSing us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom