Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by uniballa23

Originally Posted by sorianotron

25p45z9.gif

Easily one of the stupidest things I have ever read on NT in 10+ years.
This is actually not bad a point. The part that sucks is the diehard sneakerheads will be forced to pay the higher prices: The best solution: increase supply. Everyone will get shoes for retail and since the supply is so high, resellers will be out of a job.
And we have a winner.
Do not increase price.  There are a lot of sneaker enthusiasts that can get their pair for retail don't want to pay more.  You are assuming that people have a ceiling for shoe price.  So you sell shoes for 350 retail you still can't get them....resellers buy them all...but you then assume that no one will pay $700 for them resale.  That they will say "no way" i will pay $500 max, which would cut into reseller profits and hurt them in the long run.  But judging by the Galaxy Foam madness.  There is no ceiling for some people they will drop whatever on shoes.  And with idiots out there these days higher price = cooler, more show off points?.  So who knows what effect that would have.   

But JB knows how to maximize profit.  And you can't increase supply too much because if they flood the market they won't be as sought after.  Moral to the story we are screwed 
laugh.gif
Exactly. If the market is saturated too much, the shoes will end up at outlets and their appeal will decrease.

Originally Posted by KoBrons24

ordered a pair to sell to a friend and hes being cheap,fml.

Is he trying to buy them off of you for less than you paid?

If not, how is he being "cheap"?

Or, are you selling a pair to your "friend" for over retail at a profit?

If that's the case, perhaps your idea of a friend is much different than mine, or you could rethink your idea of who's being "cheap"?

first post on niketalk whats good fam. just wanna speak on my experience from this release. had no luck online from midnight to 4am (I live in NY). went to camp at my closest mall at 6am which has 3 stores champs fl and ftl. each store supposedly got 12 pairs each so I struck out since cats there were lining up at 2 am. I get back home at around 11am SO salty especially after the same bs went down for the concords. finishline is still open on my computer so i refresh and somehow there is a 9.5 sitting in my cart. i proceed to checkout for the hell of it thinking there was no way it would go through. 2 min later i get a conformation email and thanks to my ridiculous luck the shoes showed up at my door 4 days later on a Wednesday. has this ever happened to anyone or did i just get extremely lucky? between canceled orders and people not being able to check out i dont get how my size was still in my cart the following morning almost 12 hours after release. o well these shoes are hot keepin them on ice for a few more weeks congrats to all that copped and to those who didn't keep trying you will get a hold of them eventually

Originally Posted by acoppola331

first post on niketalk whats good fam. just wanna speak on my experience from this release. had no luck online from midnight to 4am (I live in NY). went to camp at my closest mall at 6am which has 3 stores champs fl and ftl. each store supposedly got 12 pairs each so I struck out since cats there were lining up at 2 am. I get back home at around 11am SO salty especially after the same bs went down for the concords. finishline is still open on my computer so i refresh and somehow there is a 9.5 sitting in my cart. i proceed to checkout for the hell of it thinking there was no way it would go through. 2 min later i get a conformation email and thanks to my ridiculous luck the shoes showed up at my door 4 days later on a Wednesday. has this ever happened to anyone or did i just get extremely lucky? between canceled orders and people not being able to check out i dont get how my size was still in my cart the following morning almost 12 hours after release. o well these shoes are hot keepin them on ice for a few more weeks congrats to all that copped and to those who didn't keep trying you will get a hold of them eventually
That's never happened to me before
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by SLK 102

playoff and Bordeaux 13's are easy cop for me. this one is almost hardest GR to cop on me.
hoh beverly center only had 210 pairs compare with 500-600 pairs of concord they had last XMAS

I don't quite understand. Bordeaux XIII's?
nerd.gif
Probably meant Playoff XIIIs and Bordeauxs.

Finally wore these, a little stiff at first but after they start breeaking in they feel better, I was stomping around in these trying to loosen them up and bending and creasing the hell out them and still look DS after wearing them. JB did a good job for once.

Emailed sns about my order this is their reply.

Hi,

Nike has confirmed that we are getting the pairs we have ordered and that they are "just" delayed so you are guaranteed the pair you ordered.
As soon as we get any updates we will notify you directly.

Best regards
Olof
SNS

My Snipes order finally arrived in at my local post office. I hope it ships out today but probably will be tomorrow.

Just got my order in from CT this morning (NYC), that I ordered using sneakersaver. However, I got hit with customs fees
mad.gif
frown.gif
. I am surprised because I thought that anything below $200 you wouldn't get hit with fees. 

Originally Posted by CRH1979

my snipes status says, "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

That's what my snipes status says too.  The tracking info hasn't been updated since 2/28. 

acoppola331 wrote:

Yeah, new to posting here. Been a reader for a little bit. I'm more into Air Max running shoes and Dunks at this point, but this was my grail. I started collecting with the OG AJV after seeing the IV in DTRT. Yeah, I'm now in this super small town and didn't think I'd be able to pick this shoe up. I was one of the many that tried for a couple hours on NDC. At around 2:30am, I clicked over to FNL and was able to cop a pair in my size in less than 5 minutes. However, I think I got lucky due to having size 15 feet. One of the rare occasions. I'd consider picking up a 2nd pair, but I'm not really needing it. I think this might be my last Jordan pick up. I know there is talk that Jordan retros will always be limited; I'm just not up for the hunt anymore. I'm also not up for paying reseller prices. 

Originally Posted by YANO

Emailed sns about my order this is their reply.

Hi,

Nike has confirmed that we are getting the pairs we have ordered and that they are "just" delayed so you are guaranteed the pair you ordered.
As soon as we get any updates we will notify you directly.

Best regards
Olof
SNS

I keep emailing them with caps lock hoping theyll give me a 20 or 25% off code instead of 15%
roll.gif

It's my first time ordering internationally. How are custom fees paid?

Do you have to pay the mailman or else he won't give you the package or do they give you an invoice that you can pay at the post office by a certain date?

Originally Posted by kjlee85

It's my first time ordering internationally. How are custom fees paid?

Do you have to pay the mailman or else he won't give you the package or do they give you an invoice that you can pay at the post office by a certain date?
It's going to vary depending on who's delivering. For example, I know FedEx will deliver and you may not get a bill until a few weeks later. My case with USPS was they delivered the shoe and it had the customs bill attached to it.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by CRH1979

my snipes status says, "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

That's what my snipes status says too.  The tracking info hasn't been updated since 2/28. 
same here.

Do we have to pay the mailman on the spot or can we pay the post office before a certain due date?

Just asking, cause I probably won't be home and will leave the money with a roommate just in case.  And how much was yours?

Do we have to pay the mailman on the spot or can we pay the post office before a certain due date?

Just asking, cause I probably won't be home and will leave the money with a roommate just in case.  And how much was yours?

It can be paid at your local post office, I doubt you can pay the postman directly. My fee was $63.00
sick.gif

LOL 63...for 1 PAIR OF SHOES?

Guessing we cant refuse delivery? LOL

Isn't there an appeal process?

LOL 63...for 1 PAIR OF SHOES?

Guessing we cant refuse delivery? LOL

Isn't there an appeal process?
Have to pay it. USPS = Federal Government. No way to get around it, if I just refuse to pay, I'm sure they'll put it on my credit report, tack on more fees, or put a lien against me.

Tried mine on for the first time today. And wow  they really do feel nothing like previous retro 4's. They feel way more open in the toe box and the ankle collar is much shorter feeling. Overall I'd still say im satisfied with them

couldnt justify paying 170 for these especially with the quality now days... so i was checking out the buy/sell forum and got my ultimate grails for $20 more..... the columbia's!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom