Official Air Jordan/Levi's Collaboration Post 3-1-2008

Originally Posted by ViceXXXisFresh

this package is a joke.

I think it's the hardest thing we seen in a long while... A joke is all those garbage 8's last year... phew, I still smell the stink.

Originally Posted by Jekih

this package is a joke.

I think it's the hardest thing we seen in a long while... A joke is all those garbage 8's last year... phew, I still smell the stink.
your trippen bro them 8's are classics this package is definatly a joke especially for that price.. The hardest thing we seen lately are theXX3's.. Co sign with this package is a joke..

the price was a joke since they made only 2323 JB increased the prices like those 2323 basketball that were made that cost 150$

Originally Posted by kleenkutz

this package is a joke.

your trippen bro them 8's are classics this package is definatly a joke especially for that price.. The hardest thing we seen lately are the XX3's.. Co sign with this package is a joke..
Sorry don't agree by a mile. Look at all those other shoes JB makes... just about all of em were better quality than those paper thin shoes. Justsad how some of these retros come out at $150... now they're all over ebay for a bill.

edit: Yes, the XX3's are hot... but the signature shoe is a normally scheduled annual release. We expect another one every year without fail. The Levipackage was something truly original. Sorry if my verbiage was misleading.

^ I know everyone has their own opinion but lets keep it real for just a sec... To those trying to convince people that this horrible overpriced package isworthy of comparing to the Aqua and Playoff 8 releases you have got to be seriously blinded and have become just a "sheep" to this nonsense. On thereal if these 1's were not in a limited package they woulda been seriously hated on and still sitting on shelves lets be honest...

Originally Posted by Creature206

^ I know everyone has their own opinion but lets keep it real for just a sec...
To those trying to convice people that this horrible overpriced package is worthy of comparing to the Aqua and Playoff 8 releases you have got to be seriously blinded and have become just a "sheep" to this nonsense.
On the real if these 1's were not in a limited package they woulda been seriously hated on and still sitting on shelves lets be honest...

Agreed, everyone's entitled to their opinion on the matter but if these 1's were released individually and someone gave them the option to choosebetween BMP 1's (either one, but especially the Black Toes) and these......I guarantee that more than 75% of people would go for the BMP's over these.These IMO don't have anything on ANY of the OG colorways. For retail I could cop 2 BMP packs for the cost of one of these things.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I guarantee that more than 75% of people would go for the BMP's over these.

Actaully , i think (basing my opinion on pictures of these) the Levi's 1 are much better quality than the blacktoes in the pack .. Those shoes in thepack were absolute trash imo quality wise, and being an older Jordan Brand / Nike consumer , i have trouble purchasing and wearing most of the retros they putout lately .. i mostly wear Air Jordans from 2001 and back , because the quality had not been sacrificed to the extent we see today .. even though the elephantprint is a little hard to get used to , i see these as a better made shoe with better materials, but i could be totally wrong having only seen them in pictures... as for the jeans and shirt in the pack , not a big fan.

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Actaully , i think (basing my opinion on pictures of these) the Levi's 1 are much better quality than the blacktoes in the pack .. Those shoes in the pack were absolute trash imo quality wise, and being an older Jordan Brand / Nike consumer , i have trouble purchasing and wearing most of the retros they put out lately .. i mostly wear Air Jordans from 2001 and back , because the quality had not been sacrificed to the extent we see today .. even though the elephant print is a little hard to get used to , i see these as a better made shoe with better materials, but i could be totally wrong having only seen them in pictures ... as for the jeans and shirt in the pack , not a big fan.
Renegade hit the nail on the head... I was rocking OG Cement IV's in the 5th grade... I am defnitley old school if you want to call it that.. I sawall of these joints drop the 1st time. Those are indeed classics, not some hot garbage with similiar colors. Furthermore, I bought a BMP pack and marched itright back to the store on Sunday. I also PASSED on all of the 8's last year becuase they were really cheap shoes (mostly the "OG's" not theLS). An OG colorway means ABSOLUTLEY nothing to me if the colors are applied to a subpar product. If I felt this way about the pack, I would have passed...but I was startled at the quality and attention to detail.

Bottom line, if you fall for the Jordan Brand "OG colorway" hustle (over and over), you are no better than someone who is said to be falling for the"limited to X pairs" hustle... face facts...

I dont care what quality them ugly varient looking 1's have that were in the Levis pack...fact is them 1's (regardless of what you think of them) witha 50 dollar pair of jeans and a 20 dollar Tshirt to me doesnt equal out to 395 limited or not. I mean cmon you only had a choice of whole sizes and 99% of theppl that bought the pack dont even have the right size jeans or Tshirt Id take the DMP 13/10 pack 9/14 pack coming out this month or any of the upcoming packsat 300 over this pack all day everyday I agree that the quality on the BMP pack wasnt all tht great but you cant hate on the dmp or the 10/13 pack Besides theshape of the AJ 1's these days is horrible period, last AJ 1's that even had anything close to the correct shape were back in 2000/01 for example theBlack/Reds and Black/Royal joints Opinions are like you know whats ...everyones got one and this is mine...

I just sold my second size up pack, so my personal pack was free... Peace Out ya'll. Have at it...

I purchased them because they were limited/ the first of its kind. I honestly thought they would look better, but they are still ok though. I drove three hoursfor them, so I couldn't imagine leaving empty handed. I missed out on the titanium XX3's so I had to have something limited that celebrated the 23years, its only right. I predict these will be worth a lot in the future, so i will wait until that day comes before selling (unless I get a greatoffer
grin.gif
). I also wanted to say that I have every package ever released byJB up to date.

When I see someone actually wear these I am just gonna laugh in their face. These were sold simply because JB knows anything will sell at w.e they make retailcuz hypebeasts will buy. The people who end up with them though
roll.gif
These are HORRENDOUS

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Actaully , i think (basing my opinion on pictures of these) the Levi's 1 are much better quality than the blacktoes in the pack .. Those shoes in the pack were absolute trash imo quality wise, and being an older Jordan Brand / Nike consumer , i have trouble purchasing and wearing most of the retros they put out lately .. i mostly wear Air Jordans from 2001 and back , because the quality had not been sacrificed to the extent we see today .. even though the elephant print is a little hard to get used to , i see these as a better made shoe with better materials, but i could be totally wrong having only seen them in pictures ... as for the jeans and shirt in the pack , not a big fan.
Renegade hit the nail on the head... I was rocking OG Cement IV's in the 5th grade... I am defnitley old school if you want to call it that.. I saw all of these joints drop the 1st time. Those are indeed classics, not some hot garbage with similiar colors. Furthermore, I bought a BMP pack and marched it right back to the store on Sunday. I also PASSED on all of the 8's last year becuase they were really cheap shoes (mostly the "OG's" not the LS). An OG colorway means ABSOLUTLEY nothing to me if the colors are applied to a subpar product. If I felt this way about the pack, I would have passed... but I was startled at the quality and attention to detail.

Bottom line, if you fall for the Jordan Brand "OG colorway" hustle (over and over), you are no better than someone who is said to be falling for the "limited to X pairs" hustle... face facts...
Face your own facts. They're not mine...never will be. But respect to your side of the argument anyway..

I still take OG colorways any day of the week. Quality might not always be there but there is sentimental value color wise for OG colorways, not a retro+...and that's just my take..

I have some comments and some questions.

First, did anyone get these at NTSF or Levi's in SF? What was the line like, how many pairs did they have. I wanted these, but I refused to camp soobviously I missed out.

To all of those downing people for getting them saying they are ugly etc. are you guys the same ones who say stuff like "wear what you like, buy what youlike, and who cares what other people think." Maybe that is what some of these people did... A bit hypocritical don't you think?

To some of those people saying they would laugh at anyone who got these (or something similar) maybe people just got them to get their hustle on. 3-4 hundredper pair profit is not bad... Like Jay-Z said "don't knock the hustle!" And to anyone who might say that the resellers are taking away frompeople who actually want them I have a few comments for that:

If you really want them, make it happen and dedicate yourself towards getting them. Even if there were no resellers, there were not enough pairs andavailability was not widespread. Resellers allow people in Nebraska and Arizona and Canada etc. get them. These people would never see a pair if only peoplewho wanted them bought them. People who work on Saturday or late Friday night would never be able to get them. If anyone has ever bought from anyone on NT orebay, they support resellers, so again don't be a hypocrite if you have done one of those things. Simple supply and demand economics as far as that isconcerned.

I had another thing to say, I forgot, but at this point probably no one is even listening anymore...

tyclef I agree with a lot of your statements. These shoes will be highlysought after in the future so all those who think it is funny, laugh it up! I think they are cool, just off the whole Jordan meets Levis collabo. Levis haslongevity unlike a lot of these other hypebeast prone denim companies, so I feel like it was a good move. I put it like this..... I have majority of the olderretros that I wanted so I pretty much have no choice, but to get some of the new stuff
happy.gif
YA DIG? People hated the XI's when they first came out now look atthem.........

sounds like a bunch of boys arguing over a sneaker to me.

1.in my opinion way too over priced
2.jb puts out anything now because he knows it will get bought
3.im mean really guys how much of a life do you really have if your always on niketalk having a debate like you running for president!...smh

its just sneakers it's not reality!

Rant rant rant rant. Rant rant rant rant rant, rant rant rant rant rant rant. Rant rant rant rant ran, "rant rant rant rant", rant!

Rant rant rant.... mo' betta rant.

someone seems bitter about the hate on this pack..
laugh.gif
and its confirmed you spend all day stalking this post!

got my pack yesterday wow levis.com is great my pack was 100% bubble wraped in side a perfect fit box and i recived it in 3 days unlike eastbay or fnl

Back
Top Bottom