***Official Air Jordan Retro 8 Black/Red Post!***

Originally Posted by calvin101c

some say that they got these .......
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
05368061_l.jpg

Where did they get them from?? I want thise more

I got my pairs in from Eastbay today and I'm pleased with them. I'm a little bit surprised how fast these went considering they are GR's butobviously people can't have enough black and red Jordans in their collection.

But I still think the Aquas are hotter than these. I just like the color scheme better.

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

the quality of these were very good. good job JB
no offense...but Only a young kid could feel this way...

i loved these when they first came out...and i love them now. i actually agree with dude. it is a good quality release, all things considered. meaning, by recent standards, these are a very decent retro.

and i was born in the 80's...so, yeah, i'm not that young.

How does fnl.com ship there packages, is it ups or usps? I ordered mine friday nite at 12 when they were released with free shipping, will i get it bysaturday????

I'm sorry...when I speak in terms of quality I am speaking in reference of comparison to the OG counterparts...None of them feel as good as OG's, but I mean at least the aquas looked the part...

Anyone who remembers, or in this case still wears their OG's, knows that the way they make J's today is far from quality, Not only can they for some reason not make them match the look of the OG's, but they make them as cheap as they can make them and still call them authentic and still charge the same High price or higher than they did 10+ years ago...

They can do this because the younger generation has no basis of comparison...this is why I take the chance of being looked at as a cynical old geezer of the shoe game, and voice my unhappiness about how this brand has changed its morals, values , and mission statement from the glory days that these young guys don't even remember...

I mean I read a post where someone stated the reason he wanted these was they came out on his first birthday....Like he actually remembers waking up that day and heading to footlocker just to touch and feel the New J's...No offense to him, but if they really new they would be just as upset as I am that JB somehow couldn't find the extra pennies to add a red pull tab to this shoe, and paint the midsole black like they were supposed to...

But hey, maybe I shouldn't complain I mean they did save me some money by making it easy to pass on these poor replicas....

All I ask is Look at as many pics as you can of the actual 8's, preferably with MJ wearing em in game action, and tell me you think they did the right thing on this one....
m_923dc403443b4351e130e347299a663b.jpg

I HAD TO LET MY OPINION OUT,,,

ok JB has been here for 22 going on 23 years now,,correct??
if ive noticed anything about the brand since the past,,ive noticed that quality apperantley isnt a factor anymore to consumers,,see my first pair of jordansthat i actually cherrished and tried my best to keep in the best condition would be the powder blue X`s,,although I was very young I was very careful withthese shoes,,but if i can say anything about them,,I would say that they held up way,way better than my retro X`s from `05,,although the quality of retro shoesaren`t nearly as good as the OG`s,,we still buy them,,see JB has alot of young guys including my self on a spell,,we can sit on the computer all day arguingabout how cheap the quality of shoes are now days,,but I gurantee you that next Saturday they`ll be a line coming out of footlocker with all of us in it,,yousee we dont care about quality anymore,,if the shoes look nice,,were satisfied,,thats why most of us here on NT buy several pairs of the same shoe when a newpair releases,,why?? because we love the shoe and shoes,,now no one can deny,,JB shoe quality sucks,,i can go to payless and get shoes with way better qualityfor a way cheaper price,,but were finatics and finatics dont care about quality,,we just love shoes,,my step-dad stopped collecting shoes a while back,,and iasked him why?? all he told me was "they just dont make them like they used to" it took me a while to understand and sink in what he had told me,,butfrom what all the OG niketalkers are saying,,its obviously true,,but still we love shoes so were still gonna spend 100`s yearly,,

For me, it doesn't matter about quality. What matters to me is that I have J's that I did not have before when they were released originally coz' Icould not afford to but them. NOW, I have them, even 2 pairs!

Damn even though its the holidays no one in nyc should be ordering these online.. Shame on u this is a easy cop

U guys know where i can get a 7.5 either online or stores im from SAN JOSE CALI.....couldnt get them cause im on x mas vacation =(

Originally Posted by EdgarVega4

U guys know where i can get a 7.5 either online or stores im from SAN JOSE CALI.....couldnt get them cause im on x mas vacation =(

uptempoair.com has 7.5 for $179.99

To the dude up there that asked about availability, in my area (NY/NJ) they're practically gone. If a store has them on display it's most likely sincethey only have one or 2 type of thing

im going to check for these tomorrow in ny. any places you guys have seen these around i can check so i don't waste time

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

close up of swapped lace locks

my sneaker spot is the only one in nyc that sells these t-shirts...i look at this and think, "freshness
pimp.gif
"

Do they sell that shirt online?

no...if you're ever in brooklyn ny its Lee's Sneakers on Pennslyvania ave. across the street from Modells

Does anybody work in footlocker, modells , footaction or finishline know if the store will get a restock of the 8"s

Coulda SWORN my bro was copping me these for Christmas, but he pulled the okie-doke on me and got me the Laser XV's instead
pimp.gif
. I'm happy though,because I don't have and XV's and now I can just cop the Playoff's tomorrow because they are all over the DC/MD/VA area.

Back
Top Bottom