Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

How did he con you? I'm curious to know so history doesn't repeat itself

Without going into full details let's just say I sent him money and he never sent me any sneakers, but he claimed he sent the sneakers, promised a tracking number, which he never sent and tried the old send through paypal as a direct gift scam, but I included enough information on the transaction notes so I was able to get my doe back.

After careful consideration, these will be had.

Gonna try and get the Knicks, and if I get those, nice!

But these take priority over the Knicks, even though no Nike Air.

It seems like these will be hard to get out in the SF Bay Area.

Hopefully I get through via RSVP

Not really stoked about the quality as shown in the video above, but I am still gonna try to grab a pair on Saturday. That colorway is too cool to pass up.

Really want the Knicks colorway. That orange and blue is just nasty. Really don't care if the leather is average either. I'll just use those mugs for beaters. 
wink.gif

That rep sounds like she's just saying it to say it.
laugh.gif

I'm still 50/50 on these, worst comes to worst if I can get a discount on them I'll pick a pair up and sit on them.
doubt they'll be around long enuff to get a discount.

da places that were selling em early sold out around my way.

I'm in the Bay and I'm passing as if I'm J. Paxson...

Gluck to those who shooting for them. 

you think so? from past years 1's are always still in stores weeks after they come out.

maybe the color changes it for this one tho

not only did they butchered this model by using leather tongue but the quality is just :x
for those who are planning to buy... you're only buying the colorway jb ain't selling you the same shoe anymore. :smh:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hulGFoI4eHA

:lol:

I will now love this guy forever. Exactly what I've been saying. I want to thank Joe V. for showing the differences between this new release to those other two which were good. JB trollin' hard.

This video pretty much finalized my decision on these. I'm gonna pass on these and probably just double up on the Royals.

All this raffle bs is wack, walk into these stores and these damn employees act like I'm speaking Chinese...then every store is giving out tix on different days, I'm not going to the mall 3x just to cop shoes smfh I need to step my online game up...

New York and Toronto are completely different when it comes to regular JB releases. Though, times have changed and now people lineupfor pretty much every drop it's not THAT crazy here. If you have your connect game up to par, getting most GR releases at a discount isn't hard. For instance, Bred 4's and Thunders were allowed EMP discount, Bred 11's obviously weren't. I would expect these to be considering it's a mass release.

http://airjordaninfo.com/air-jordan...ared-to-air-jordan-1-retro-high-chicago-2013/

Last edited:
Ok guys my .02 cents on this . THIS RELEASE IS A STRICTLY NOSTALGIC/AESTHETIC RELEASE,NOTHING MORE!! Have my pair and could care less about the so-so quality of the leather. I knew what the story was on these. I love them cause its a clean, deadstock, wearable pair of one of my top 5 favorite Jordan's of all time. I don't plan to do anything athletic in these anytime soon so it's not a concern. And the box plus price point gets a thumbs up from me. And to those who think these are gonna sit or potentially go on discount, like ninjahood said, spots around the way had em early and they are moving. Don't hold your breath. And nike air on this colorway is not dropping. Expect the "quality" talk have no effect on the impending zoo that the black/royal release will ignite. im done. 

Last edited:
All this raffle bs is wack, walk into these stores and these damn employees act like I'm speaking Chinese...then every store is giving out tix on different days, I'm not going to the mall 3x just to cop shoes smfh I need to step my online game up...
That sucks for you.

Like I said before cop these now, keep them on ice, and sell them for retail IF they're re-released the correct way.

Hell, when I copp I'm beating these to death. And will copp the ones with nike air if they release as well and not give no dambs about it. People saying that the banned ones had better leather quality is just pointless. That was one of the main selling points of that shoe. Everybody knows JB purposely put premium leather on those. The leather on those banned ones was probably more tumbled and "premium" than the OG black/red 1s from 85 if you ask me. IMO its not fair to compare that release to any new JB GR retro. We've been getting the pleather for years. Whats the problem now? **** is laughable. Can't wait to cop on saturday. Had the 94s in 5th grade. First retro ever. I had em. My older cousin had them and convinced my mama to buy them for me too. The first "Air jordan 1 Retro" was new but old at the same time back then. Other kids my age knew nothing about air jordan 1s at that time.Only the new ones. I barely did myself. I remember being teased when I wore these in 94. Stupid kids telling I was wearing "clown shoes" because of all the red. Still wore them everyday and beat them to death. Looking back, I was doing it big even though my kicks were not "hot" in the eyes of the other 5th graders. Needless to say, I'll be damed if I don't cop these. Nike air or not. Anyway, sorry for the cool story bros, just had to share.

Last edited:
Just got a call back. Excited to have these. The Chicagos were as limited as the Knicks around LA. Anyhow :pimp:

...nxt stop Royals. Good luck out there, and be safe y'all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom