Official Air Jordan VI & VII "Golden Moments" Pack! 8/18/12 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be purchasing the Golden Moments Pack?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Back in the day 1994-2003 shoes were easy cops with the same materialistic mentality of today...the difference now is social media. It's become cool to buy sneakers because some of us have to run home and take pictures to upload to a forum or instagram/facebook it.
In the end, shoes bring the weird out of people. You have NTers with newborns who put more work into getting a release than spending that time with their women and kids.
End rant.

THIS.

Got a call yesterday at 12 something from my local shop that I had won the raffle for my size after the first guy never came to get his pack! Really happy I was able to get my 11.5. Just a question for you all...I'm going to college in a couple days and I'm not bringing the pack with me. Would you guys recommend taking out the paper from the box if I want to prevent the sole on the 6s from yellowing while I'm away, or does it not really matter?
Paper does absolutely nothing in regards to yellowing. I still have some icy laney's that have been worn several times & I never took the paper out.

Last edited:
Anyone think of throwing some red laces on the 6's?  They do have some hits of red on em' so it wouldn't be totally out of place, and would break up the monotony of an all white shoe.

YEA UR RITE RED LACE WOULD GO JUST FINE WITH THESE AND THE HITS OF RED... I RATHER HAVE THE CREASES

Why didn't you just drive from LA to LV? Isnt it like 4 hours?
Yeah it is. But the traffic coming back on Sundays is hell! The extra $60 went towards a piece of mind instead of wasting it on traffic and gas. Not a bad deal considering he got two packs. Congrats bro

I was waiting for your updated lol . Are both packs in your size?

one of them are not but another one of them are. should be undsing the black pair soon i'll put up some pics for you guys

Why didn't you just drive from LA to LV? Isnt it like 4 hours?

If you didn't read earlier my family travels a lot and we have a LOT of mileage points. enough for a round trip to bahamas for 4 twice. Plus I didn't wanna deal with the drive so I thought why not.
They told me there was a guy that came all the way from new mexico. THATS nuts.

Paper does absolutely nothing in regards to yellowing. I still have some icy laney's that have been worn several times & I never took the paper out.

yup. my best way to prevent yellowing is a dark room 72 degrees and dont touch em lol!!! the shoes WILL yellow but not AS fast if kept in the right settings. also clean your shoes with jason markk!!! i doesnt reverse the yellowing but i swear when i clean my shoes it sure does feel like the yellowing is removed some. hope this helps.

1. The change I was referring to wasn't an overnight change, it's moreso a change that's occurred starting with the whole SB dunk craze.

2. Did you miss the part where I said that it's his bread he can do what he wants with it?  Different strokes for different folks, the second you spend the bread for the shoes it gives you the right to do whatever you want with them.

Listen, I'm pretty sure we're all guilty of having shoes that are DS at this point, especially if you've been doing this for a minute and have 75+ shoes.  Whether we agree/disagree it's the next man's money.  Props to him for doing what makes him happy.
not trying to argue but by simply saying "we're all guilty" is part of the problem.

This isn't a trial nor is it a crime to do what you want with your shoes.

The "game" will go back to normal when we STOP labeling it as such.

We like shoes, we buy them. The labels are what is ruining the game. Psychologically, everyone wants a label in life. Whether it be "ladies man", "well-dressed" etc. etc.

These kids and some of these adults just want to be labeled "sneakerheads" just like these old cats want to be labeled "collectors". And just like those who miss out label the enemy "reseller"

Back in the day 1994-2003 shoes were easy cops with the same materialistic mentality of today...the difference now is social media. It's become cool to buy sneakers because some of us have to run home and take pictures to upload to a forum or instagram/facebook it.

In the end, shoes bring the weird out of people. You have NTers with newborns who put more work into getting a release than spending that time with their women and kids.

End rant.
thats what you call,,,GREEDY and GREEDY!!!!
eek.gif
This is called intelligence, intelligence. Again, NTers will forever be sour at the next mans come up.
Do you have a pair of DS shoes in your collection?  That's all the "we're all guilty" comment was about.

Rarely if ever will you see me refer to this culture as "the sneaker game."  It's probably one of the most annoying terms there is, right up there with "hypebeast."  What exactly is the objective of this "game?"  it's dumb.

The rest of your "rant" as you put it had a lot of good points, but I'm not exactly sure if it's a rant for the sake of ranting or some kind of shot at me, but either way I don't mind debate so I'll add a few points.

Social media has changed pretty much every facet of our lives.  Times change, people change, technological evolution occurs.  If you have a true love for this sneaker culture, you're forced to adapt and do what you have to do on your end in order to secure each release.  I miss the days of the markdowns and less stress to secure these releases, but am I salty about it at all?  Nope.  As much as I love shoes, they're not serious enough for me to do some of the nonsense that people do these days.

If I miss out I either move onto the next release or I figure out a way to get the shoe if I value it enough.  This board is filled with people who expect handouts the second they need it, but the second they succeed on a release they're quick to clown the next man's misfortune.

If people would stop relying on the next man to help them out, stop crying about how big bad resellers have cheated them out of a release, stop contributing to what they feel is the "problem" when they go and pay double MSRP just because they miss out then things might change.  Fat chance of that happening anytime soon, though.

Do you have a pair of DS shoes in your collection?  That's all the "we're all guilty" comment was about.

Rarely if ever will you see me refer to this culture as "the sneaker game."  It's probably one of the most annoying terms there is, right up there with "hypebeast."  What exactly is the objective of this "game?"  it's dumb.

The rest of your "rant" as you put it had a lot of good points, but I'm not exactly sure if it's a rant for the sake of ranting or some kind of shot at me, but either way I don't mind debate so I'll add a few points.

Social media has changed pretty much every facet of our lives.  Times change, people change, technological evolution occurs.  If you have a true love for this sneaker culture, you're forced to adapt and do what you have to do on your end in order to secure each release.  I miss the days of the markdowns and less stress to secure these releases, but am I salty about it at all?  Nope.  As much as I love shoes, they're not serious enough for me to do some of the nonsense that people do these days.
If I miss out I either move onto the next release or I figure out a way to get the shoe if I value it enough.  This board is filled with people who expect handouts the second they need it, but the second they succeed on a release they're quick to clown the next man's misfortune.

If people would stop relying on the next man to help them out, stop crying about how big bad resellers have cheated them out of a release, stop contributing to what they feel is the "problem" when they go and pay double MSRP just because they miss out then things might change.  Fat chance of that happening anytime soon, though.

Not an attack at you at all. I just didnt agree with you saying "we were guilty" in defense to the other NTer.

The rest of the rant is how I feel about most NTer who find something to complain about whether it's quality,yet, cop every release. The old folks saying kids dont deserve to buy a certain shoe etc..

My bad if it seemed like the rant was about you...only the "guilty" line was.

I really wanted this pack but i aint gonna pay reseller prices. People just need to wait it out and have some patience and the prices will come down. If people would do without for awhile we could cool the reseller game down. Id rather go without than pay 6 or 7 hundred bucks.

Not an attack at you at all. I just didnt agree with you saying "we were guilty" in defense to the other NTer.

The rest of the rant is how I feel about most NTer who find something to complain about whether it's quality,yet, cop every release. The old folks saying kids dont deserve to buy a certain shoe etc..

My bad if it seemed like the rant was about you...only the "guilty" line was.
All good.

Just meant it as a figure of speech.

yea reseller prices are crazy but i dont mind buying from others for like an extra 50-100 a pair cause i understand the trouble that goes into buying some hot releases. but like 700 for this pack is crazy.  

I think this pack at most was worth $200.

I thought it was cool until I saw in person, both are so ugly, glad I didn't keep.

yea reseller prices are crazy but i dont mind buying from others for like an extra 50-100 a pair cause i understand the trouble that goes into buying some hot releases. but like 700 for this pack is crazy.  
yeh man id def pick it up for 400 or 450 but no one selling it for that. Im hoping i can find people splitting for reasonable prices and just build the pack that way

I have seen a bunch of vi's with red marks from the bag...i know a few people that have had success with a magic eraser
My pack looks fine, so I took the flag bags out
-sf77

Back
Top Bottom