Official Air Jordan X black/stealth release thread: 3/24/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Originally Posted by LORENander

NDc sold out in less than 15 minutes. eastbay seems cleaned out too. smh even a shoe like this is selling out.  

What is the shoe game coming to?  JB can put a jumpman on a piece of turd and it would still sellout within 15 minutes.  Downright ridiculous!!

Easy cop two pairs of 9.5 on NDC.... I have two pairs of Chicago 10s and two pairs of the royals truthfully I'm trading one of these royals for these stealth I just ordered... Don't know why I ever copped two pairs of royals anyway SMH

I wanted to go get them in person but i feel like id have to wake up 2 early for my liking. So i grabbed mine, I honestly cant ever turn down a all black retro.

Originally Posted by dubchester

Originally Posted by LORENander

NDc sold out in less than 15 minutes. eastbay seems cleaned out too. smh even a shoe like this is selling out.  

What is the shoe game coming to?  JB can put a jumpman on a piece of turd and it would still sellout within 15 minutes.  Downright ridiculous!!

they arent that bad...much better then the banana foams that sold out in 15 minutes last week

It seems like people arent going crazy for them on ebay. There may be hope that some of these will sit for a while after the release date, but i could be wrong.

Originally Posted by leothebest

It seems like people arent going crazy for them on ebay. There may be hope that some of these will sit for a while after the release date, but i could be wrong.

Lol yea until victor Cruz or somebody famous starts tweeting pictures with them then they will deffently go for resellers SMH

Originally Posted by dubchester

What is the shoe game coming to?  [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]JB can put a jumpman on a piece of turd and it would still sellout within 15 minutes.[/color]  Downright ridiculous!!
...just as long as that piece of turd is a retro
laugh.gif

It's easy to sell out when the quantities being sold are so small. The Chicago X's didn't even have a large release, and you expect me to believe these were even close to on par? Give me a break. Anyone who wants these in person will get them and I'm sure the same goes online. 8 pages and no one around here cares. Face value on these or less in coming months. It just amazes me how worked up NT gets over shoes selling out. Way to buy into Nike's hype. They want you to think you need to scramble if you want a shoe, and that's by creating low supply for releases like this, that fuel huge sales on shoes like the Cement IV and next up Playoff XII. Sheep.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

It's easy to sell out when the quantities being sold are so small. The Chicago X's didn't even have a large release, and you expect me to believe these were even close to on par? Give me a break. Anyone who wants these in person will get them and I'm sure the same goes online. 8 pages and no one around here cares. Face value on these or less in coming months. It just amazes me how worked up NT gets over shoes selling out. Way to buy into Nike's hype. They want you to think you need to scramble if you want a shoe, and that's by creating low supply for releases like this, that fuel huge sales on shoes like the Cement IV and next up Playoff XII. Sheep.

How many pairs do you actually think JB puts out there WORLDWIDE? this is my questions far as any retro

laugh.gif

JB/Nike is manipulating the market right now, even resellers don't scoop up with this much fervor.

Didn't have an interest in these since they came out recently and still have a DS pair.  Still, there is no way this is a GR.  Nike is up to it's dirty ol' marketing tricks.  I'm not buying into it.  
laugh.gif

GR would of seen the White/Red XIV's and these sit, instead they "sell out"... "You can't sell me $@%%*%!%, I know the prices!"

Actually saw people camping for these... Passed by Neo 39 ( for my Pasadena folks) around 5:30 and dudes was in chairs eating and chillin. I had to triple take and then thought I forgot about a release..... Got to where I was going and realized that it was these.... I was like @!*> ROFL..... Couldn't believe it. Still kinda in disbelief believe it or not.

I don't even want to throw out numbers, as I don't think they mean all that much, nor do I have any insider numbers, but hypothetically if they sold 500,000 pairs of Concords worldwide I'd imagine a release like this is no more than 30-40k worldwide. If NDC has an allotment of 10% of that online, that means they sold roughly 3-4K on their website in 15 minutes, if that many considering how much inventory NT stores likely had. Any way you cut it, selling 3k pairs in 15 minutes seems like chump change compared to many other releases. And my guess may be off, but clearly this was a small release. Any good company who wants to promote luxury and high demand items without any money invested in marketing will manipulate supply to create the appearance of high demand. Chicago X > Royal X > Cement IV > XIV + These > Playoff XII > XI lows > Mil Blues >Olympics. You can see the pattern and which ones are being used to build hype for the larger runs. You can also see them testing a few things. Royal X and XI lows look like obvious test runs to see what demand for any CW of these models are in 2012.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

I don't even want to throw out numbers, as I don't think they mean all that much, nor do I have any insider numbers, but hypothetically if they sold 500,000 pairs of Concords worldwide I'd imagine a release like this is no more than 30-40k worldwide. If NDC has an allotment of 10% of that online, that means they sold roughly 3-4K on their website in 15 minutes, if that many considering how much inventory NT stores likely had. Any way you cut it, selling 3k pairs in 15 minutes seems like chump change compared to many other releases. And my guess may be off, but clearly this was a small release. Any good company who wants to promote luxury and high demand items without any money invested in marketing will manipulate supply to create the appearance of high demand. Chicago X > Royal X > Cement IV > XIV + These > Playoff XII > XI lows > Mil Blues >Olympics. You can see the pattern and which ones are being used to build hype for the larger runs. You can also see them testing a few things. Royal X and XI lows look like obvious test runs to see what demand for any CW of these models are in 2012.

Nicely said and done makes a lot of sense With them royals and 11 lows being test runs lol

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

JB/Nike is manipulating the market right now, even resellers don't scoop up with this much fervor.

Didn't have an interest in these since they came out recently and still have a DS pair.  Still, there is no way this is a GR.  Nike is up to it's dirty ol' marketing tricks.  I'm not buying into it.  
laugh.gif

GR would of seen the White/Red XIV's and these sit, instead they "sell out"... "You can't sell me $@%%*%!%, I know the prices!"
They said that the White/Red XIV's were a QS this year, when in 2006 they were a general release. Pure marketing. 
laugh.gif

For those that are actually interested in this shoe Eastbay is showing a full size run.

**Note**
I don't know if this is one of their "Site errors" like they normally have that allows to add to cart and not check out. ( I wasn't interested enough to go through all the steps to find out) . Just thought I'd post as a heads up seeing as how someone mentioned earlier that they had been all cleaned out!

For what its worth eastbay just let me add a 10.5 to cart and go all the way thru checkout. id prolly scoop these cuz the sole looks fresh but id rather get 2 prs of playoff 12s

Just realized I was thinking about the wrong shoe. Makes it even worse. People going ham for a lukewarm Retro + colorway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by caleb4god

For what its worth eastbay just let me add a 10.5 to cart and go all the way thru checkout. id prolly scoop these cuz the sole looks fresh but id rather get 2 prs of playoff 12s

Decided to go all the way thru checkout and it let me scoop a pr so stock seems legit. Already received order confirmation. needed a pr of 10s anyhow. sold all my other ones and i was on the fence for these. decided to take the plunge...

Footlocker just let me do the same with a 9.5. This was definitely not an instant sellout. 

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

I'm not camping out tho. I'm trading my extra pair of cement fours for these via local meet up with another NTer. I doubt there'll be too many people camping out for these but you never know.

wow I can't even get people to bite on a trade for cement IV's for WC 3's TB3's or even BC 3's.  But there are people trading these 10's for cement/tech grey 4s! maaaaan.

Back
Top Bottom