Official Air Jordan X black/stealth release thread: 3/24/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

pimp.gif
13636587638ff96983e91f752ce1eb993108389f_r.jpg

Originally Posted by CRH1979

Glad to see these sitting in stores. Just because online sites sold them quickly or at least most of them doesn't really matter. When stores didn't sell it out it gives me hope or this shoe is just bad.

This shoe is just bad... I agree.. ashy suede

Originally Posted by trappedintime

I don't even want to throw out numbers, as I don't think they mean all that much, nor do I have any insider numbers, but hypothetically if they sold 500,000 pairs of Concords worldwide I'd imagine a release like this is no more than 30-40k worldwide. If NDC has an allotment of 10% of that online, that means they sold roughly 3-4K on their website in 15 minutes, if that many considering how much inventory NT stores likely had. Any way you cut it, selling 3k pairs in 15 minutes seems like chump change compared to many other releases. And my guess may be off, but clearly this was a small release. Any good company who wants to promote luxury and high demand items without any money invested in marketing will manipulate supply to create the appearance of high demand. Chicago X > Royal X > Cement IV > XIV + These > Playoff XII > XI lows > Mil Blues >Olympics. You can see the pattern and which ones are being used to build hype for the larger runs. You can also see them testing a few things. Royal X and XI lows look like obvious test runs to see what demand for any CW of these models are in 2012.
Spot on in my opinion.

Shoe on deck that you know wont sell out if produced in large numbers. Release less of them. Releasing less of said shoe will cause a faster sell out. That faster sell out will force people who are holding out for bigger releases such as the Playoff 12s to go into a frenzy wondering how they will beat the madness.

Resellers are also seeing this and they will be out for the Playoff 12 release. Like I said in the Playoff 12 thread but was accused of drumming up hype. That release will be one you should try to plan for.

Not drumming up hype. Just warning you all.

No way in the world can a shoe like this sell out with big production numbers.

The fact that these doo doo butters aka Stealth X's sold out is confirmation that JB can release ANY retro in ANY colorway and ANY quality, and it will sell out. Dumb *** kids and hypebeasts will buy anything.

I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love my pair.

My pair isn't ashy.

laugh.gif

6i8akz.png

I'll probably wear them soon though, while the weather is still nice.

Imo people on here are trippin. These are great everyday sneakers and I couldn't pass them up. I like these joints more and more everytime I see them. 

5ee2wn.jpg
243p6rs.jpg

Idk why the images got flipped but I'm giving these joints a STAMP! My pair is well made and there isn't any extra glue whatsoever. Idk what people are talking about. But I'm really happy with my pair. I hope these sit so that I can get another pair on sale but I like these so much that if I walk in the store in 2-3 weeks and they still got my size I'll prolly be willing to pay full price again.

My pair should be here friday. Excited to see these in person, but I won't hesitate to return em or hook my boy up for retail if im not feelin it

Originally Posted by mikeadog

My girlfriend put her lit blunt out on one of mine, and you can't even tell it!

Really bruh lol... it's because she putting ashes out on ashiness

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

My pair isn't ashy.

laugh.gif

6i8akz.png

Man them joints look nice right there...

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

My pair isn't ashy.

laugh.gif

6i8akz.png

Man them joints look nice right there...
The Chicago 10's you mean. but of course my friend.

Props to the people that actually wanted them and got them. Of course they sold out! any word retro in front of them will sell out... SMH...

I just saw these sitting on the self yesterday. I'll probably wait until they hit the sale rack to cop a pair. There was absolutely no hype around my parts for this shoe. I wish that happened for the more exclusive retros lol. One can dream though.

I'm gonna check my local spot out of curiosity and see if these are still in stock...I won't be surprised if they still are...

Anticipating my pair coming in from .com. I will return these pronto if they have excess glue etc. Thats what a release like this comes down 2 in my eyes. If you can find a pair with no imperfections

Back
Top Bottom